The real reason Jones doesn’t fight at HW

Draxton

Hello There
@Black
Reaction score
Fighting at HW would mean no weight cut, no weight cut means no pulsing.

The eventual tears when Jones moves up and wins the title with ease will be amazing

Because he can’t get his dick hard enough for the weigh in?

No it’s because he doesn’t want nor need to
I find it hilarious when gsp nut huggers call him a coward for not moving up

Jones would be outsized by 20-40 pounds at heavyweight
Not worth it

The real reason is that he can still make 205, you don't have to be a genius to work that one out.
It's not like he'd get paid more at HW either and it's not like there are any challenges there, the champ is a 30-40 lb fatter version of the DC that couldn't beat him at 205.

The eventual tears when Jones moves up and wins the title with ease will be amazing

It's Silva vs GSP all over again, they'll tease about it every six months but nothing will ever get done.

Jones doesn’t have the balls to move up. If he ever does (which I doubt) it will be when all the current top heavyweights get old.

Maybe LHW is his optimal weight-class as he's never ever had trouble making 205. For a guy who's supposedly huge for the division, one would expect at least some weigh-in issues but nope!

Not to mention the numerous other LHW's who have bigger cuts than Jon that Sherdog never ever brings up as "ducking HW".

Jones doesn’t have the balls to move up. If he ever does (which I doubt) it will be when all the current top heavyweights get old.

They are already all old. See my sig.

The divison is terrible, and he would still prefer to fight guys a head shorter than himself, or blown up WWs and MWs lol.

Plus, we don't know how his roid use factors into his weight cutting.

He has been saying he will move up since 2013. Its getting pretty pathetic at this point that people still believe him. I mean, even if he eventually does, he has still been full of shit most of his career.

Not worth it
I thought you just got off double dubs?!?

Not worth it
A coward for not moving up is just ridiculous but a coward for not moving up to face prime Silva but moving up after Bisping got the belt... Still not a coward though but he wanted nothing to do with Silva or the top middleweights.

Last edited:
Because his legs are smaller than mine.
(5'10", 149lbs.)

I thought you just got off double dubs?!?
No! Not yet
Few more days
A coward for not moving up is just ridiculous but a coward for not moving uo to face prime Silve but moving up after Bisping got the belt... Still not s coward though but he wanted nothing to do with Silva or the top middleweights.
Correct
I personally feel the only reason people wanted prime GSP and Prime Jones to move up is just so that they could lose

I'm not a huge fan & personally want to see him at HW just to test himself as right now he could run through most of the top ten on the same night.

HOWEVER, he's never had any issues making the weight & if he's happy to carry on running through a weak division & get paid for then that's understandable. Maybe if Conor would have stayed at 145 he'd still be undefeated in the octagon. Some guys do well moving up a weight class whilst others are suited for their division.

Corey Anderson’s in cage weight is more than Jon’s

Corey Anderson should move up too imo

Not worth it
Who would outweigh him by 40 lbs? Ngannou is one of the biggest guys and he'd have 20 lbs on him. Stipe maybe 10 lbs, Overeem about the same, DC would have a few extra lbs of fat. The top HWs are all about 20 lbs under the limit and Jones could put on 5-10 easily.

"The real reason Jones doesn't fight at HW"...gives pseudo-science answer. Maybe the real reason is that he's a LHW.
Whoever above said that people just want to see him move up because people want to see him lose is absolutely correct.

Back