The Real Reason for GoldenBoy Fued

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Supa (Slam)

Soup, could you please explain the the situation with GB fighters? They have a manager contract with Al Haymon, but are represented by GB?

Brian Campbell
(3:19 PM)

It appears that many of the GB fighters represented by Haymon in recent years aren't actually under contract with GB and can, in theory, go with any promoter they wanted to if need be.

It sounds very similar to the model Haymon has pulled off with Mayweather ever since he left Top Rank where he uses, after a one-off with Goossen for the Baldomir fight, GB to promote all of his fights.

And the juicy detail is that Oscar was supposedly unaware of all this going on while he was in and out of rehab. That's why there is so much potential explosiveness in the Oscar-Richard situation.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50582

If this is true and I'm Oscar, I'm firing Schaffer's ass. How can the "CEO" of the company pull sneaky shit like this not in the best interest for GoldenBoy Promotions.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50582

If this is true and I'm Oscar, I'm firing Schaffer's ass. How can the "CEO" of the company pull sneaky shit like this not in the best interest for GoldenBoy Promotions.

How is being able to promote fighters one fight at a time not in the best interest of the company if you're attracting fighters to fight under the promotion that don't want to make a long-term commitment to a promotion?

It's true but it was hardly a secret (or attempted to be kept a secret) from Oscar. Simply Al putting his guys in the best position possible.

How is being able to promote fighters one fight at a time not in the best interest of the company if you're attracting fighters to fight under the promotion that don't want to make a long-term commitment to a promotion?

because Golden Boy would lose almost all of its power in the boxing business and Schaefer has aided and abetted that

if Oscar fires Schaefer, Schaefer does not have to abide by his no compete clause, thus why it's in Schaefer's interest to be fired but not Oscar's

Oscar is the main shareholder of the company and its his company.

Schaefer been doing sneaky deals with Haymon behind Oscar's back.

Garcia, Quillin, Broner, Floyd, Adonis all Haymon fighters not GB however GB has been promoting their fights.

Only two big names GB has under direct contract are Canelo and Mares.

Oscar was so out of it that he didn't realize something that more or less common knowledge?

Back