The real question is... Why did Anderson let him off the hook with the front kick?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
The fight was very hard for me to watch. Anderson clearly did not do as well countering in this fight as he did when he was leading (credit to Bisping not leaving many openings). Still, he waited to lead until the end of the rounds (I wonder if his corner advised him to change his tactic or if he listened). That being said, there were some real head scratching moments there. I definitely think Anderson had opportunities to win the fight and has no one to blame but himself (I think if he doesn't jump up on the cage, Herb stops the fight when Bisping is unresponsive). The real weird one though is landing that front kick that look like it had Bisping in a world of trouble and not following up. I don't even know man... What was that?

That being said, I will admit what few Anderson fans will:

Bisping was a tough fight at any point in Anderson's career. People expect to see a matrix like finish where he clowns him and lands at will making him look like a soccer mom against a world class striker. It is true that Anderson's chin/reflexes are not the same as they were four years ago. There is no question about that (Maybe his slower reflexes lead to him get hit cleaner as well). However, Bisping minds his P's and Q's more than most who Anderson has fought. The real matrix shit happened when guys would lunge Aldo-McGregor style at Anderson and I think a lot of it had to do with fighting the aura of Anderson. If you watch Chael's movement in the second fight, he closed distance like shit. That was some UFC 1 level stuff. I don't even have to tell you that's also the case with Forrest.

Hats off to Bisping and to the British fans. This is by far Bisping's grittiest performance IMO.

As a Anderson fan, I cannot get over the fact that he lost to Bisping.
But I'm glad it happened, maybe it will open his Spider eyes for fucks sake!
Stop dancing around or standing still when you may be losing a fight!

Good! Start being a bit more serious or retire.
ALso : dropped by Bisping --' Everytime I watch AS fight now I fear for him getting KO'ed. Crazy.

He seemed not to really care in the last 2 rounds.

but IMO, I thought he took the decision

According to the commentators Anderson spent a lot of time stripping our unnecessary people from his camp.

Obviously he should have kept Master Seagal. That Filipino boxing he's been learning isn't worth squat. You know if he was still training Seagals deadly techniques Bisping wouldn't have survived the first round.

The fight was very hard for me to watch. Anderson clearly did not do as well countering in this fight as he did when he was leading (credit to Bisping not leaving many openings). Still, he waited to lead until the end of the rounds (I wonder if his corner advised him to change his tactic or if he listened). That being said, there were some real head scratching moments there. I definitely think Anderson had opportunities to win the fight and has no one to blame but himself (I think if he doesn't jump up on the cage, Herb stops the fight when Bisping is unresponsive). The real weird one though is landing that front kick that look like it had Bisping in a world of trouble and not following up. I don't even know man... What was that?

Bisping was a tough fight at any point in Anderson's career. People expect to see a matrix like finish where he clowns him and lands at will making him look like a soccer mom against a world class striker. It is true that Anderson's chin/reflexes are not the same as they were four years ago. There is no question about that (Maybe his slower reflexes lead to him get hit cleaner as well). However, Bisping minds his P's and Q's more than most who Anderson has fought. The real matrix shit happened when guys would lunge Aldo-McGregor style at Anderson and I think a lot of it had to do with fighting the aura of Anderson. If you watch Chael's movement in the second fight, he closed distance like shit. That was some UFC 1 level stuff. I don't even have to tell you that's also the case with Forrest.

Hats off to Bisping and to the British fans. This is by far Bisping's grittiest performance IMO.

Not true.If they had fought when Anderson first entered the ufc when he didnt clown anywere near as much he would of obliterated him.To be honest by the time the 5th came round i kind of thought he was being arrogant and letting the fight go till the 5th were he planned to finish him.

And apparently his corner were telling him to be passive.

AS must have been seeing the fight play out completely different than the audience did. Personally, I can't relate to a AS way of thinking, his choose of action is way too alien to me.

Why ignore the first Chael fight where he dropped and rocked silva on the feet in favor of the second fight?

It happend when Andy was even younger.

Anytime Anderson lead he had opportunities to finish the fight. This was true last night and would have been true at any point in their careers. The only reason Bisping is a tough fight for Anderson is because Anderson makes it a tough fight on himself.

I'm guessing with Anderson getting dropped, didn't want to run into anything.

Thank you for making that post! I definitely agree with what was that not following up on the front kick. He could ahd finished it. Alos as you said, it seemed like (imo) that Silva only pushed whenever there was 1 minute left. And many times he was close to being caught as Dan Hardy pointed out with how he ducked so often into the jab of Bisping.

As many people have said. Anderson did this to himself, he had this fight. He has nothing to prove. Had he retired earlier with a perfect career and vacated the belt, sure it looks good, but i got respect for him. He´s like a combination if mike tyson´s knock out power with muhammed ali´s movements and how he has his hands down.

I remember reading a huge breakdown of who´d win tyson vs ali - well silva is a combination of these and thats what makes him the ultimate fighter imo.

I just do not get why he did not capiltalize on his chances ESPECIALLY when Bisping was blinded by all that blood from his eye, he would have a hard time seeing Silva coming from his left. Why why why? I so badly want to talk to Silva and ask him these things i just do not udnerstand it.

AFor me personally he´s the goat and my favorite fighter also why as my first time betting i went on him, lost huuuuuuuge on him, very dissapppointed as he ahad that fight. I also feel Bisping has no chance vs rockhold, while silva ast least is the better fighter and more fun fight with rockhold.

All this said - Bisping, he gave it his all, what a fighter, i got tons of repsect from him and he did exactly what he should do. I kept yelling about that to Silva through my tv screen, it was the perfect fight foir Bisping and Silva didt use his leg kicks and he was way too passive. I do not get it. He had that fight...but why why why did he not capitalzie on that front kick and all that blood in bispings face?

After all silva has titantinum skin and never bleeds, this was his shot...i so badly want to know why he didnt finish bisping..so confused and sad for him about that..
+ maybe he has too much fun in the octagon fooling around.

Thank you for making that post! I definitely agree with what was that not following up on the front kick. He could ahd finished it. Alos as you said, it seemed like (imo) that Silva only pushed whenever there was 1 minute left. And many times he was close to being caught as Dan Hardy pointed out with how he ducked so often into the jab of Bisping.

As many people have said. Anderson did this to himself, he had this fight. He has nothing to prove. Had he retired earlier with a perfect career and vacated the belt, sure it looks good, but i got respect for him. He´s like a combination if mike tyson´s knock out power with muhammed ali´s movements and how he has his hands down.

I remember reading a huge breakdown of who´d win tyson vs ali - well silva is a combination of these and thats what makes him the ultimate fighter imo.

I just do not get why he did not capiltalize on his chances ESPECIALLY when Bisping was blinded by all that blood from his eye, he would have a hard time seeing Silva coming from his left. Why why why? I so badly want to talk to Silva and ask him these things i just do not udnerstand it.

AFor me personally he´s the goat and my favorite fighter also why as my first time betting i went on him, lost huuuuuuuge on him, very dissapppointed as he ahad that fight. I also feel Bisping has no chance vs rockhold, while silva ast least is the better fighter and more fun fight with rockhold.

All this said - Bisping, he gave it his all, what a fighter, i got tons of repsect from him and he did exactly what he should do. I kept yelling about that to Silva through my tv screen, it was the perfect fight foir Bisping and Silva didt use his leg kicks and he was way too passive. I do not get it. He had that fight...but why why why did he not capitalzie on that front kick and all that blood in bispings face?

After all silva has titantinum skin and never bleeds, this was his shot...i so badly want to know why he didnt finish bisping..so confused and sad for him about that..
+ maybe he has too much fun in the octagon fooling around.

Can't even poke fun at you man....... I feel bad for you. I am sorry your favorite lost and you lost big.........

I think Bisping was more off balance then rocked with that kick. He seemed to have his faculties about him. Also Anderson was gassing hard in the 4th and 5th if Bisping had been able to see a cutman at the end of the second I don't think he 4th woulda even had a slight question mark on it froM Silva fans.

Anderson let him off the hook many times. He basically took round 4 off even though Bisping was clearly wobbly. Anderson was in control the whole time, he hurt Bisping whenever he felt like it.

So is this fight was going to be one of those fights where it's going to be remembered as Andersen lost rather than Bisping won?

Why ignore the first Chael fight where he dropped and rocked silva on the feet in favor of the second fight?

It happend when Andy was even younger.
He didn't drop him he caught him off balance for a split second

Not true.If they had fought when Anderson first entered the ufc when he didnt clown anywere near as much he would of obliterated him.To be honest by the time the 5th came round i kind of thought he was being arrogant and letting the fight go till the 5th were he planned to finish him.

And apparently his corner were telling him to be passive.

He should fire his corner then, every time he leads, he was doing big dmg to Bisping. Anderson Silva should just retired, his reflex and timing is shot. Father time is undefeated.

At this point is almost like he enjoy this shit. Like, what's the point to end this now?

According to the commentators Anderson spent a lot of time stripping our unnecessary people from his camp.

Obviously he should have kept Master Seagal. That Filipino boxing he's been learning isn't worth squat. You know if he was still training Seagals deadly techniques Bisping wouldn't have survived the first round.

He tried the super secret front kick that Master Seagal taught him but without the Master in training camp, it was performed incorrectly and only hurt Bisping rather than destroying him.

after that front kick, if he followed with a superman punch, we would all be wondering when Weidman v. Silva 3 would be... instead, what we saw were moments and flashes of the old Anderson, but ultimately, it was an aged Silva who was a bit slower and got caught again (and knocked down) after clowning

Taking a front kick to the face beats taking an arrow to the knee any day

Back