The REAL question is... Does anyone out there actually think Jones won?

The fight was close until Jones took over round 4 with the spinning elbow and round 5.

Here! I thought Jon Jones won but it was his hardest, closest fight. I gave rounds 2, 4 and 5 to Jon but I could see it 1,2 and 3 for Alex too. I wouldn't be against a rematch down the road, very exciting fight!

Everyone who watched the fight with an impartial eye chose Jones as the winner.

2,4,5 Jones
1,3 Gus

This exactly, first fight I watched being zero biased, Jones won.

He won round 2, but I thought it was the closest round I ever saw, and I fought they would give the nod to Gus when the 49-46 was annouced.

I've been repping Alexander since his pre-UFC days.

I think Jones won (barely)

Let's all say what a great fight that was. That being said, 48-47 Jones makes the most sense. I actually thought round 3 was very close as well but I gave it to Gus. This fight proves 2 things, 1 being that Jones reach is his biggest weapon, and those who say that it's not are crazy. And 2 being that Jones chin is legit as well as Gus's. But if you look at a fight that is fairly even throughout and Gus was clearly rocked at the end of 4 and Jones was never really "in danger" then 48-47 is the right call. They both should get 50k for their effort.

However, the right fighter won based on how the fight went overall. Jones's round 4 > Gus's 1+2+3. I know that isn't how fights are judged (I miss pride,) but it should be.

I've harped on the round by round scoring system being shit for years. Pride was much better as they scored fights as a whole with damage being the most important criteria. Realistically, Jones was never close to being finished but Gus was staggering around the cage at the end of rd 4.

I was fine with jones being the winner, just mot 49-46

Lots of Butthurt Jones haters in here. It could have gone either way, it went the way you didn't want and now the tears are flowing.

Change those diapers kids.

First 3 either way. But I had Jones winning the last 2 easy. I am honestly astounded at the people screaming robbery. Do people not understand the difference between a robbery and a close fight?

That fight was so close it was nearly impossible to call. I would have been okay with either fighter winning. Anyone saying it was clearly one way or the other is a fool, pure and simple.

Props to Gus for his sportsmanship post fight. Class act right there. What a war!!

Yup

1st- Gus
2nd- Jon
3rd- Gus
4rd- Had it for Gus till he got rocked badly so gave it to Jon
5th- Jon

So 3-2 Jon but a 3-2 Gus giving him the second round would be acceptable, the 49-46 was a crime.

More or less this. Plus Jones was closest to a finish.

I thought Jones did but i am rewatching it now and man was this shit close. In terms of OMG! moments Jones wins for sure. In terms of overall fight, Gus wins no question.

For those that don't click the link:

MEDIA SCORES
MMAJunkie.com 49-46 Jones
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 49-46 Jones
Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com 49-46 Jones
Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com 49-46 Jones
Steven Rondina
BleacherReport.com 48-47 Jones
MMAWeekly.com 48-47 Jones
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 48-47 Jones
Thomas Myers
MMAMania.com 48-47 Jones
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 48-47 Jones
TJ DeSantis
Sherdog.com 48-47 Jones
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 48-47 Jones
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 48-47 Jones
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Gustafsson

You could argue Jones being closer to a finish evens out a 2-3 deficit, and the resulting draw defaults to the champ.

I think he lost, but I'm ok with the decision.

49-46 was a judge smoking crack.

But the fight was close. I give it to Gustaffson, but I can't call it a robbery. I thought Gusty had the better strikes, the cleaner connections on his punches, and neutralized Jones's wrestling game. Jones only really had one good round, 4, and that was only at the very end.

I think he got fairly lucky and snuck out of there with his title tonight.

ya 3-2 jones. could have been anywhere from 4-1 jones to 3-2 gus.

Back