The Real Person Who Got Robbed Last Night (Hendricks/Magny)

FeloniousMonk

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
lorenz-larkin-defeats-Neil-Magny-ufc-202.jpg

Larkin deserved to be in that prelim
main event slot. He deserves to be
promoted better & he would've made
a much better fight last night than both
Magny or Hendricks.

TL;DR:
Here's a playback of NSAC judges
waiting to fuck Johnny over once again:

4413819_o.gif

Johnny did it to himself IMO. Magny was close to a finish in 2 separate rounds with a triangle and Johnny did nothing offensive from top position.

Edit: Also if Johnny had won I had a 3 fight parlay that paid $159 on a $10 bet. Nunes, Cody and Hendricks. Still think Johnny lost, could have gone either way but he lost.

Hendricks looked like shit again.

But I'm going to say something no one is. Hendricks is at his worst and still had 2 close fights against great fighters in his last 2. This dude at his best, we all know how he was like, and at his worst he is not that bad

Since this is his last fight. I have to say that he was one of the best at WW, and his losses wasn't as bad as some others great fighters had.

Johny still looked like shit out there. He's going to get fuked at 185 if he fights like this. He lost all his cardio. Every punch he threw off the bat was laboring for him.

I had Hendricks winning that fight. I felt he manhandled him even though he wasn't as active as he could have been on the ground.

Nah, it was close enough that it could have reasonably gone either way.

On the other hand, Rousey was the one that got robbed. She was winning before the premature stoppage.

I agree it should've been Larkin in there and the way Johny looked, Larkin would've smoked him

Larkin is sitting out and wants to negotiate with other orgs.

I had Hendricks winning that fight. I felt he manhandled him even though he wasn't as active as he could have been on the ground.
I didn't have Magny winning
Unanimously-that's for fucking sure.

Though, admittedly, this is me when
a point fighting wrestler loses a dec:
zv7ZZ.gif

I just read that Magny outlanded him 3-1 in sig strikes. That combined with the 2 close subs via triangle makes me feel Magny won even more than I already did.

Post USADA Hendricks is only a shell of his former self, I expect him to do even worse in his next fight.

I don't think he was robbed. Outstruck on the feet and although he did brilliantly with landing all the takedowns, he did very little once they were landed. It's difficult to say he had 'effective grappling' when magny was able to threaten so much from the bottom.

Even though Johny had dominant control he was doing as much as he had to not get stood up, nothing else. He through one knee in the clinch in the 3rd and was getting out landed on the ground whilst always having top position.

When Johny fights likes this he deserves to lose you can't just stall rounds out like he done to Lawler in the 2nd fight putting his head between his legs, how is that a fight or even effective grappling, plain stalling.

Whined and whined when GSP does it then whines when he doesn't get decision after doing what GSP does only with no aggression or efforts to advance position or even strike.

Ray Borg last night showed how you win a fight with grappling.

Honestly, the worst robbery I thought last night was Hyun Kim vs Saffedine, Saffedine was more effective standing had the better takedowns and scrambles. Hyun Kim won the fight because he just marched forward blindly then stalling against the cage

Even though Johny had dominant control he was doing as much as he had to not get stood up, nothing else. He through one knee in the clinch in the 3rd and was getting out landed on the ground whilst always having top position.

When Johny fights likes this he deserves to lose you can't just stall rounds out like he done to Lawler in the 2nd fight putting his head between his legs, how is that a fight or even effective grappling, plain stalling.

Whined and whined when GSP does it then whines when he doesn't get decision after doing what GSP does only with no aggression or efforts to advance position or even strike.

Ray Borg last night showed how you win a fight with grappling.

Honestly, the worst robbery I thought last night was Hyun Kim vs Saffedine, Saffedine was more effective standing had the better takedowns and scrambles. Hyun Kim won the fight because he just marched forward blindly then stalling against the cage
That's how Kim wins all of his fights.

I feel bad for Smolka. Dude looked
like hell on the scale. Borg was 4lbs
heavy. I think that was the difference
in that fight.

I agree with the rest of your post.

I just read that Magny outlanded him 3-1 in sig strikes. That combined with the 2 close subs via triangle makes me feel Magny won even more than I already did.

If a fight was just round 1 then i'd take those numbers more seriously but you have to judge it round by round so giving overall totals to describe a fight is misleading.

If a fight was just round 1 then i'd take those numbers more seriously but you have to judge it round by round so giving overall totals to describe a fight is misleading.
Round by round it was 18-7 Magny, 5-2 Johnny and 30-6 Magny so 50-18 overall does tell the story in this instance.

That's how Kim wins all of his fights.

I feel bad for Smolka. Dude looked
like hell on the scale. Borg was 4lbs
heavy. I think that was the difference
in that fight.

I agree with the rest of your post.
I put money on Borg as soon as I seen Smolka on the scale with his lips white, on death's door and barely able to stand up. When, Borg came out in the fight like really light on his feet I just knew it was going to be a good performance

I was under the impression that Larkin was currently pursuing free agency... So its kinda on him.

Back