The race to 10, who will be the first ?

3 UFC WW's are currently on a 7 fights wins streak.

# = UFC Ranking

#7 Santiago Ponzinibbio 27-3
#11 Leon Edwards 17-3
#14 Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos 21-5

any of them will get to 10?

Who will be the first to get a title shot?
I think Edwards has the best chance. Only because I dont think they are going to move him along. For some reason, he has ZERO momentum lol He was just handed a huge opportunity to promote himself, but nothing has happened since.

I think Ponzi will get a big fight soon. I don't know much about Zalski. But I can see them leaving Edwards in the shadow lands a little longer and he will keep quietly winning.

Edwards caught a 3 piece and a soda. I saw it listed as a loss on Wiki. So, he’s already out.

Just sayin.

giphy.gif
my reaction exactly we're gonna have 8 divisions 4 champions and 6 (+2 wmma) title fights a year at this rate

Ponzi. Edwards won't get three more wins before being slotted to a title shot, which he will lose. Ponzi could win three more headlining South American cards against non-Top 5 opposition. Elizeu might, but Ponzi will fight three more times before he does.

Probably Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. The other two are higher ranked so they will be fighting better competition and will probably not make it to 10 in a row.

Prob Elizeu because Sherdog keeps spamming about Leon and Ponzi lately. Onset of doom as always.

1. Quality of opposition is more important than the length of a wining streak. Yes, winning 7 in a row is impressive, no matter how good the competition is. But context certainly matters.

2. If I had to bet, I'd say that none of them get to 10. However, Dos Santos seems like the most likely. Ponz is at the point where he'll start fighting the top guys, which will probably end in a loss within his next couple fights. Edwards is also at the point where he'll likely get a step up in competition. However, it's conceivable that Dos Santos will continue to fight weak competition in the near future.

3 UFC WW's are currently on a 7 fights wins streak.

# = UFC Ranking

#7 Santiago Ponzinibbio 27-3
#11 Leon Edwards 17-3
#14 Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos 21-5

none of those are elite and will lose within their next two fights. They're good contenders but not championship material.

I think it’ll be Santiago, purely based on him Edwards being closer to title contention. He’s probably got a couple of winnable fights before he has to fight a number one contender.

No, their fights are way tougher from now on

The 3 of them never get one. Their best bet would be a late notice Bisping style shot but as the UFC seem to put another fight with fighters in the same weight class as the title fight getting one that was seems unlikely too.

It's time to admit it.

Conor is out of his prime, looked sloppy and slow in the Khabib fight and hasn't won since 2016.

It's literally been years since he won, how can you be a fan of him?
You could say the same about say Chuck Liddell. If Conor ever gets back in the octagon I’ll be watching and I imagine despite your obvious dislike of the man you will to

It's time to admit it.

Conor is out of his prime, looked sloppy and slow in the Khabib fight and hasn't won since 2016.

It's literally been years since he won, how can you be a fan of him?
Sounds like your describing a Nick Diaz fan

Back