The Race Issue at the Oscars Discussion Thread

I get what you're saying, but Rock has a point. He can shame Hollywood for being so whitewashed and at the same time point out that there are much worse things going on in the world than some awards show. It's not hypocritical to talk about one issue and then acknowledge another.

You can't be racist and complain about racism all in the same sentence and be taken seriously. Either shut up about race and racism, or don't be racist. It's pretty simple.

I did not watch the Oscars until the very end. The jokes I read online were mainly racist anti-white jokes that would have caused hysterical outrage had they been targeted at any other group.

Last night was like a white comedian at the BET awards telling a bunch of racist jokes against blacks and the black people cheering and clapping while being relentlessly mocked.

It is rather sad watching whites cheer for their own demise.

I don't think some whites laughing at themselves at the most OTT awards ceremony on the planet is really about whites' demise. What I do find disturbing is whites' inability to identify a serious threat to their well being i.e. Islam and the hostile elite which controls the West, allowing in the hordes of Muslims.

Blacks are just so desperate for white acknowledgement/approval. They could create their own movie industry and awards ceremony, but they know few if any would care about it, so they try to squeeze their way into Hollywood, which Jews don't seem to be too welcoming of. Pretty funny.

Anyway, why the fuck do awards ceremonies even exist for art? It's all subjective. One of the dumbest things humans do.

I like Chris Rock, if i knew he was hosting i would had watched them.

Also have we reached a point were minority = visible minority? Iñarritu isnt even american.

I like Chris Rock, if i knew he was hosting i would had watched them.

Also have we reached a point were minority = visible minority? Iñarritu isnt even american.

Chris Rock is a racist.

Agreed, a disgrace!

I mean, Bridge of Spies was a good movie, but best supporting actor? The guy did fine, but Rocky deserved that shit. Robbery!

Agreed, a disgrace!

I mean, Bridge of Spies was a good movie, but best supporting actor? The guy did fine, but Rocky deserved that shit. Robbery!

I strongly disagree. There was far more depth and nuance in Mark Rylance performance compared to the cliched character portrayed by Michael B. Jordan. Rylance was a mesmerizing one of a kind performance. Anyone could have played Creed.

It's funny that most of the people bitching about the Oscars didn't actually watch it. Reminds me of the time a Puerto Rican activist complained about on Seinfeld. He didn't see the episode our know the joke but he was offended because people were complaining about it.

I strongly disagree. There was far more depth and nuance in Mark Rylance performance compared to the cliched character portrayed by Michael B. Jordan.

I thought Stallone was up for the supporting actor?

As long as they are against white people. If it were a white comedian making anti-black jokes you would have been outraged.
IIRC George Carlin never got shit for his racial jokes.

#blacklivesneedoscars

As long as they are against white people. If it were a white comedian making those jokes against people of color you would have been outraged.

As opposed to you im actually post from work and have real life problems to be outraged by non-issues.

Chris Rock has a lot of autocritic comedy, thats something i enjoy. He is pretty "racist" against black people, if thats your angle on autocritic.

As opposed to you im actually post from work and have real life problems to be outraged by non-issues.

Chris Rock has a lot of autocritic comedy, thats something i enjoy. He is pretty "racist" against black people, if thats your angle on autocritic.

I am at a point where I cannot listen to racial comedy. I used to be a big fan of comics like Chris Rock (Never Scared) and Russell Peters (Red, White and Brown), but I do not care for that style of comedy anymore.

I am at a point where I cannot listen to racial comedy. I used to be a big fan of comics like Chris Rock (Never Scared) and Russell Peters, but I do not care for that style of comedy anymore.

His blacks vs :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:z routine was pretty critical of blacks, he stopped doing it because of idiots who used it to justify their racism.

This one also got me cracking

But he cant do them, not because of the PC crowd, but because idiots use it to rail against black people and he doesnt wants to be associated with that crowd.

Back