The question now becomes, should Wonderboy take the Woodley route?

Left out the part where GSP was the WW GOAT who never lost his title.

Also been retired for 3 years and is 35. Nice job stretching he truth.

Add to that the fact that we've recently had multiple champions in their mid-to late 30s.
... do the math, and think for a moment, if GSP come back now, how much time before a match is officially schedueled, build up, fight camp, etc
Regardless, who gives a shit if he was WW GOAT? he has nothing left to prove. It's a different story when ur active too, these aren'tu come out of retirement from. Silva, Hendo, Fedor, and many others need to retire too.

Hes already serving as an analyst similar to Woodley and has the southern charm so he can get some $$$ outside of fighting form the UFC

But to be honest..Wonderboy seems like a competitor, not a prize fighter....must be that Karate background and therefore doesnt strike me as someone who would stay inactive unless recovering from an injury

However, I do see him being selective with his next opponent

Probably staying away from Maia who I think is the worst matchup for him

If he sits, as things are going in the UFC, he eill get leap frog by nick diaz, so he better take acre of taht.

Wonderboy has to ask for nick, its a pretty safe fight for him, lots of money and name recognition coming from it. After that he should fight GSP/Woodley.

Maia is getting fucked though.

Last edited:
Wow, you gave an example of a fighter not waiting it out and paid for it.

I can provide examples of the opposite.

That's why it's risky.

So no....I'm not kidding.

It's stupid. Tell ufc to go f themselves and wait. Rda vs McGregor. Rda ducks out days before.

It doesn't seem like a positive buzz. Diaz saying he wants an offer he can't refuse - to be honest, after that Silva fight, I don't think they'd be too keen to pay him what he's looking for.

I'd like to know what his train of thought is if the UFC come out and say no to both Diaz and GSP. He's buggered then.

Diaz is a draw but he doesn't finish fights. He was not competitive with gsp. Gsp has not been impressive in years unless dry humping counts.

#ducking #13secs #llefthandfear

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

He hasn't been promised anything. DW hasn't said WB is getting the next shot. And Condit and Maia are about to tangle. WB shouldn't sit out. Welcome Nick Diaz back or fight Robbie.

Exactly.. People keep on forgetting that Woodley was promised his title shot due to JH bailing out on the fight.

Wonderboy should fight Lawler end of 2016 or early 17 and then start making a case for his title shot against TWood vs. GSP winner if he wins.

Diaz is a draw but he doesn't finish fights. He was not competitive with gsp. Gsp has not been impressive in years unless dry humping counts.

That fight with Silva wasn't the greatest. He's like Rampage who moans that no one will stand and trade with him. I think it'd be ridiculous if he fought Woodley. Lawler will be out for a while, but that would probably get fans interested in watching that one.

I'd imagine he made his money from the GSP fight and is set up for life from that alone, and can name his price and not be bothered if he doesn't get a fight under his terms.

Sit at ringside and call out Woodley before and after GSP fight, then he will have a shot to fight GSP for the Belt

After GSP crushes Woodley dreams of "Money Fights"
Well as the reigning champ in the ME against GSP in his comeback fight, assume woodley will get PPV points. That 1 fight alone should set him up for retirement, so long as he doesn't live a McLife like Conor.

... do the math, and think for a moment, if GSP come back now, how much time before a match is officially schedueled, build up, fight camp, etc
Regardless, who gives a shit if he was WW GOAT? he has nothing left to prove. It's a different story when ur active too, these aren'tu come out of retirement from. Silva, Hendo, Fedor, and many others need to retire too.

Dana "the hermit after UFC sale" White needs to make a statement before WB decides. Who knows maybe Dana will come out and say WB vs Tyrun for 205 and put Tyrun on deck. Then if Tyrun runs then he will look pathetic.

he can try to wait it out but he wasn't promised anything (woodley was), so that's risky. Imagine gsp taking the belt from woodley then wanting a super fight against bisping, mcgrgor or whatever fight gets him the most money, wonderboy could have to wait for a long time and risk becoming irrelevant

Exactly.. People keep on forgetting that Woodley was promised his title shot due to JH bailing out on the fight.

Wonderboy should fight Lawler end of 2016 or early 17 and then start making a case for his title shot against TWood vs. GSP winner if he wins.
It is amusing how people keep forgetting about Hendricks. Hendricks vs Woodley was supposed to be a #1 contender match...Hendricks didn't make it to the scales and eliminated himself from the equation. That's not Woodley's fault. Woodley's gamble payed off, he's the champ.
WB should try to find him a money fight against Lawler or Diaz to bring up his own hype, if Woodley ends up getting GSP.

Condit does not deserve a shot over Wonderboy. Not even close.
Of course not.
Just pointing out how unfair it would be if GSP suddenly came back and took a titleshot, with the long line behind it.
Cause after Wonderboy, no way anybody should jump ahead of Maia/Condit winner, considering Maia cleaned out the WW prospect pipe as they tried to use him a stepping stone(long streak), and how close Condit was against Lawler(majority says he won).

By the end of those two titleshots above, Magny would have beaten Larkins, and fought against Lil Cain who just beat Hendrix. and the winner of that deserves the next title shot. espicially considering how close Woodly's eliminator against him went.

So I'd really hate for GSP to desrupt that balance.

Promises mean nothing to the UFC. Wonderboy should be the next title shot. Unfortunately that means nothing either. Fights are at DW discretion. Makes zero difference who should be next.

Back