The quality of UFC cards have been declining at an alarming rate

I mainly agree with you except the part of matching up.. Outside of top10 matching up really doesnt bother me that much its decent, but as soon as fighters reach that magic spot in top10 they are all trying to leverage their position for better fight, favorable match up and payday although a lot of them ended up in top10 undeservedly.
You see fighters like Usman, Rakic, Makachev, Masvidal, that really pisses me off. So for bad matching up I would split the guilt 60-40 for UFC and fighters.
Ypu are right with the top 10 take, but i also mean just the matchmaking of the UFC. They are putting together so many stylistically bad matchup, which are already doomed to be boring.

For me personally, it's the lack of build of fights and name recognition. There are so many fighters, most cards don't feel special. Its really a bunch of unknown guys and girls fighting. Last few weeks I fast forwarded trough fights, I never did that before.
Good answer. Me too.

But I bet that didn’t start as recently as COVId, or even Contender Series :)

And we all risk fast forwarding past prelims and missing great fights, like

Kennedy Nzechukwu def. Carlos Ulberg

Or, the old cliche of great events on paper bombing while crummy looking cards end up having spectacular bouts (albeit with little name recognition).

I guess my point is, none of this is new. Cheers.

TS is delusional. With Covid going on, the UFC has been doing fantastic and even though there is a lot of filler lately, there still have been amazing fights. LMAO @ Bellator

The roster is bloated with lower level talent to fill the large amount of cards. But I’d say most cards are solid entertainment. Totally disagree with anybody trying to argue Bellator is better. Lots of their cards are full of even lower level talents and it’s a shit show at least half the time.

Oh I don’t know. With an average of 2 late cancellations per card and 3 events per month throughout 9 of the last 13 months of COVId lockdown, I’d suggest it hasn’t been that bad.

Im not sure these Contender guys are much worse than guys who went 8-1 in lower tiered, regional orgs. They basically still are those guys, AND they had to win a Contender Series bout, no?

What was so poor last night, exactly? Was it the lack of finishes? Isn’t that more a statistical anomaly?
There are dozens of absolute killers around the world at every weight class but who the UFC won't bother developing because they dont speak english andor look funny, when they can get random local "talent"
There was a single fight last night that I considered to be between people that would ever be considered a top threat and worth a ranking.

I’ve been saying this and people call me a shill but Bellator is better than UFC rn. Yeah they can’t match the star power of UFC’s most popular 4-5 guys but overall, Bellator is putting out better mma and better cards. If you think otherwise you’re not paying attention. These UFC cards in the past year post Covid are not worth watching.

Bellator's events usually aren't very good from an entertainment perspective if we're being honest.

LFA is probably the most consistent promotion in terms of most cards being good to watch.

MMA as a sport has just peaked because even though the money has gotten better for the star fighters, the lower tier pay has not changed.. Fighters were making 6/6 in 2006 and still are in 2021.. So high level athletes simply don't choose MMA as a sport.. If they can make it in Football, Baseball, Basketball etc. they do it... No financial future in MMA unless you hit the lotto and become the next Khabib, GSP, Conor etc. Good Luck.

Oh I don’t know. With an average of 2 late cancellations per card and 3 events per month throughout 9 of the last 13 months of COVId lockdown, I’d suggest it hasn’t been that bad.

Im not sure these Contender guys are much worse than guys who went 8-1 in lower tiered, regional orgs. They basically still are those guys, AND they had to win a Contender Series bout, no?

What was so poor last night, exactly? Was it the lack of finishes? Isn’t that more a statistical anomaly?
you might need to accept very few if anyone is as big a fan and appreciates the sport as much as you, for any of this to make sense really honestly

MMA as a sport has just peaked because even though the money has gotten better for the star fighters, the lower tier pay has not changed.. Fighters were making 6/6 in 2006 and still are in 2021.. So high level athletes simply don't choose MMA as a sport.. If they can make it in Football, Baseball, Basketball etc. they do it... No financial future in MMA unless you hit the lotto and become the next Khabib, GSP, Conor etc. Good Luck.

To be fair although I don't think the pay is enough, it used to be around 3/3 for some fighters on the prelims back in 2006ish and the lowest in the UFC now is 12/12.

To be fair although I don't think the pay is enough, it used to be around 3/3 for some fighters on the prelims back in 2006ish and the lowest in the UFC now is 12/12.
Is it 12/12? Well I will stand corrected.. But a 6-9 grand increase in 15 years is NOT saying much..

Thanks Uncle Dana..

Is it 12/12? Well I will stand corrected.. But a 6-9 grand increase in 15 years is NOT saying much..

Thanks Uncle Dana..

giphy.gif

Those sports are only for heavier weight fighters. Lighter weight like 170 and below mostly aren't even found in those sports generally

Bobby Kelvin was good but goddamn the rest of the card was utter shit that was worse than regional level cards

Those sports are only for heavier weight fighters. Lighter weight like 170 and below mostly aren't even found in those sports generally
Well 170 and under would rather be plumbers than make 10-12 grand to get their head beat in..

Bellator's events usually aren't very good from an entertainment perspective if we're being honest.

LFA is probably the most consistent promotion in terms of most cards being good to watch.
I’ll be the first to admit Bellator hasn’t been good at all. But I still find them more entertaining than UFC’s. And that’s really saying something.

I’ll be the first to admit Bellator hasn’t been good at all. But I still find them more entertaining than UFC’s. And that’s really saying something.

Ah well, at least there's LFA the next two Fridays.

Plus PFL is back next week, maybe that'll be good, everyone will have to go to the finish now only 4 fighters per division qualify for the playoffs.

Ah well, at least there's LFA the next two Fridays.

Plus PFL is back next week, maybe that'll be good, everyone will have to go to the finish now only 4 fighters per division qualify for the playoffs.
Very excited for PFL next weekend. ONE on Wednesday, PFL+LFA on Friday and Snoozeman/Masvidal Saturday. Should be a lot of fun.

That’s what happens when you sign countless Contender Series brawlers on 10K/10K contracts instead of investing in high level prospects like other organizations have been doing
Also is what happens when you want to be the sport that is continuing on through the pandemic - you're going to end up having some serious quality issues.

That said, the main event last night was good - not thrilling but a good display of skill and toughness on both parts.

Back