The quality of human being in this forum has deteriorated sharply

Was Ronda being a 'quality human being' at the weigh ins when she got in Holly's face and then went on a tirade like a child for no reason?

I'm not saying you're not wrong but Ronda and the UFC brought every bit of this on herself, I never had a problem with Ronda until that stupid shit at the weigh ins, Holly is a class individual and that wasn't needed.

You talk as if you value 'class' yet speak about how Rhonda and the UFC "brought bit of this on herself" in a thread referring to people's reaction to her suicidality. It's amazing how much people like you hold the people they surround themselves to such a low standard across an anonymous forum yet hold a much higher standard for those whose lives are figuratively under a microscope.

hey OP

hqdefault.jpg

rousey2.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the core of it TS....she is a disrespectful child and acts like a bully. The world hates people like that and they are lashing out giving her a taste of her own medicine.

I agree that things had slid downhill (Im OG too from the IVC era) but she sort of has it coming

Forums are like civilizations: they gradually deteriorate over time, until they finally collapse. I give Sherdog another 5 years.

Agreed, there is no such thing as a serious MMA discussion here anymore. It's all fighter bashing, rustling jimmies and troll threads.

I have a feeling that most people who do this, as do people outside of these forums, project onto celebrities their negativity about their own lives. Many people who become famous realize that at a certain threshold people will stop treating you as a human being and rather as a figment of the imagination, "this is who you are", they define you and categorize you. You become dehumanized and are defined by what people perceive in the media, "This is who you are now".

There is a bit of fun in picking teams in sports, such as Conor/Aldo, and gloating a tiny bit. But to go beyond that and bash someone after they're down screams to be a high level of insecurity. Argue with me all you want, but in my mind anyone who gets satisfaction from kicking a dead horse has very little going on with themselves that they preoccupy themselves with this. The way I standardize things is by taking away names, such as "Ronda" or "Jon Jones", and ask myself if "X" did this, would it justify "Y". Generally I can spot my own groupthink tendencies like this

It's always been this way. Maybe you should step away for a while, build up some resilience, then come back.

giphy.gif

Classic. OG Sherdogger comes in and admonishes "the heavies"; wistfully reminiscing away about lost loves and dead friends. These never get old.

As you can see from my join date, I have been here awhile. Over that time period, the quality of poster in this forum has tanked, big time. Things that would have been deleted as unnecessary fighter bashing in times past are now left to fester. One only needs to look at the reaction threads to Ronda's suicide interview.

It's pathetic.

What are you talking about, pro fighters for the most part haven't bothered with Sherdog for years. This is nothing new. I was here during the ezboard days (not on this account) and it wasn't any better, only less populated. If you're going to put yourself in the public domain, bash other celebrities who have nothing to do with you to get attention, make ridiculous claims, you'll be getting your comeuppance sooner or later. Ronda Rousey has enjoyed the benefits of her fame for a long time, she's just paying the taxes of celebrity like every other celebrity out there. Is normal.

We are MMA fans....lets be honest. we are not the most sane group of people in society.

If you think about it, MMA is really violent and aggressive. Maybe we should all better ourselves and start watching other sports?

What kind of assholes are we that get our kicks out of watching people hurt other people, really?

And how weird is it that TS and others are A-OK with Ronda getting permanent brain damage, as long as her feelings aren't hurt?

Forums are like civilizations: they gradually deteriorate over time, until they finally collapse. I give Sherdog another 5 years.

We are a little like Rome under Caligula or the Soviet Union in the Andropov era. Maybe like the Aztecs when they tossed human hearts into a fire pit to appease the gods.

I have a feeling that most people who do this, as do people outside of these forums, project onto celebrities their negativity about their own lives. Many people who become famous realize that at a certain threshold people will stop treating you as a human being and rather as a figment of the imagination, "this is who you are", they define you and categorize you. You become dehumanized and are defined by what people perceive in the media, "This is who you are now".

There is a bit of fun in picking teams in sports, such as Conor/Aldo, and gloating a tiny bit. But to go beyond that and bash someone after they're down screams to be a high level of insecurity. Argue with me all you want, but in my mind anyone who gets satisfaction from kicking a dead horse has very little going on with themselves that they preoccupy themselves with this. The way I standardize things is by taking away names, such as "Ronda" or "Jon Jones", and ask myself if "X" did this, would it justify "Y". Generally I can spot my own groupthink tendencies like this
shut up dr phil.......people dont like bullies. its really that simple. yeah we are all insecure and unhappy and we are taking it on ronda. you are crazy if you think we spend our days thinking of her. people come to a forum, say what they think at that moment and get on with their life. I dont understand why it bothers so many of you what we think of ronda....acting like she is your family

Honestly, Ronda Rousey's attitude and visibility were the inflection point. The moderators recognized that you couldn't insulate a fighter from bashing who was actively bashing everyone else.

Now that Ronda is done (and will soon be back in obscurity), I expect things to return to normal.

Yeah, it's terrible. I don't like Ronda and was super happy when she lost, but come on. There is a limit.

You talk as if you value 'class' yet speak about how Rhonda and the UFC "brought bit of this on herself" in a thread referring to people's reaction to her suicidality. It's amazing how much people like you hold the people they surround themselves to such a low standard across an anonymous forum yet hold a much higher standard for those whose lives are figuratively under a microscope.

Well, she did bring it on herself.

Ronda acted stupid to Holly who was nothing but respectful to Ronda before, during, and after the fight, Holly didn't do anything to deserve Ronda's little meltdown at the weigh ins, and it's not an isolated incident, she acted ridiculous on TUF with Miesha. She constantly attacked and made her name off of Floyd Mayweather for domestic violence yet she also committed domestic violence when she assaulted an ex boyfriend.

And how many times did we have to hear about how mentally tough she was? Now she lost and she wants to kill herself? Aldo isn't thinking about killing himself, Weidman isn't gonna off himself, Cain isn't thinking like that, life goes on but it turns out Ronda was nothing more than a hypocrite and a bad person so when she finally got her comeuppance we reveled in it because Ronda made us dislike her with her ego and her hypocritical ways and her tough chick badass act that was just that, an act.

And meanwhile as all that was going on Joe Rogan is calling her a mythical creature and literally crying talking about her, the UFC said she could beat men and could beat the P4P best boxer in the planet in Floyd Mayweather and she couldn't do any of that, they sold us a lie, they sold us a bunch of false marketing.

So yes, we enjoyed seeing Ronda lose because Ronda made herself a villain and we all love to see the villain lose.

If you think about it, MMA is really violent and aggressive. Maybe we should all better ourselves and start watching other sports?

What kind of assholes are we that get our kicks out of watching people hurt other people, really?

And how weird is it that TS and others are A-OK with Ronda getting permanent brain damage, as long as her feelings aren't hurt?

Good point. I have had relatives in boxing (two uncles and a son) and it is brutal (although my son always argued that it was "safer than football") but we are drifting back to the Roman gladiator times.

The problem is this pathetic MMA culture that thinks its respectable to shit on people that fail/try. Ronda just made them more visible, but they have always been there. But its impossible to accept this viewpoint without being a total hypocrite... These people are just dirt bags.

Sherdog is dying, brah. Just like the UFC. I give it 1 year, four months, and thirteen days.

It's a new generation, also MMA itself is different. It's less a sport and more entertainment now IMO.

Also, who was ever as annoying and hyped as Ronda? Tito before the Chuck fight? Matt Hughes fans before he fought Georges the 2nd time? Or when BJ said "to the death"?

All these people had their moments and the forums had a field day for a few weeks at their expense. But Ronda is in a class of her own. She exemplifies every negative aspect of the sport and modern MMA. She is a once ever, nobody will ever be as full of shit as her.

So there you have it.

Back