The punch that concussed Rousey

Ronda's striking looked like crap even in her "dominant" victories. Especially the one (Alexis Davis I think) where she did the hip throw into headlock punches and won in something like 16 seconds. I started a thread at the time to point out how overrated she was.

I agree, but it was still better than in the Nunes fight. Look at how high her elbows are vs Nunes compared to vs Davis or even Holm. I do not know wtf her and Tarverdyan or whatever the fuck his name is did for a year, but Travis needs to move out.

ronda took a hell of a lot of damage in only 48 seconds last night. wonder what nunes' landing % was, had to be like 75% or more.
Nunez was 27 of 47 on strikes. It seemed like she landed more often than that though.

Never seen that video before. Was that before or after they put her on the Rings cover? Doesn't Oscar de la Hoya own Rings? Man, everyone was trying to make money off this mediocre chick. I guess they succeeded.

She normally spars with ex boxing champ Vic Darchinyan. And by sparring I mean we see Vic dancing around her and nicely throwing some soft shots while Ronda struggles to string a combo together.

She also sparred with a female boxing olympian for this fight but it means nothing when your boxing foundation is equivalent to a donkey taking a shit on the ground in Duabi and having a foreign worker from South East Asian have to pick it up.

That a level flat footed, footwork. Her knees looks like they will give way everytime she bounces.

It looks like she's completely unaccustomed to being hit with any kind of force. The expression on her face after she eats a punch is one of complete "wtf just happened".

Also, wtf is up with her footwork? She basically hops/skips around the octagon with her feet planted. No angles, no lateral movement. This is basic shit.

Even Nunes said after the fight that it was ridiculous for Edmond/UFC/Ronda to insist in the idea that Ronda could box. And it was ridiculous indeed.

That face. Can't trust a face like that.

He's like an Armenian Uncle Rico.

NapoleonD-Rico.jpg

Haven't seen a four punch combo land in a top level fight for a while. That tells me something

It should either tell you the person throwing the four punch combo is extremely skilled & fast or the person eating that four punch combo lacks head movement and has bad defensive boxing.

is amanda the most well rounded female at 135 ??? she has power,crisp boxing,bjj black belt,good gnp her only weakness in the past has been cardio
Still question her cardio, seeing as she seems to throw with bad intentions with every shot.

Id like to see how she does against a counter fighter like holm and weather she has the iq to make the adjustments mid fight.

No head movement
No defense
No significant strikes
No offense
No takedown
No nothing

Typical behavior of a DNB

What the fuck is she even doing.

The hopping, the feet planted, the no lateral movement; that is how she always looked,always. People are acting as if this is something new.

Yeah, exactly. I can't understand why this concept is so hard for her to grasp. How's it possible thst Noone has pointed it out to her if she's unaware that it exists? Has she even tried to do it in training, ever? That's some serious ineptitude.
Moving the head, lateral movements, switching stances....like, although ineffectively, any person should be able to do it...
Could it be that her knees are fked up so bad that she's physically unable to do it?

Still question her cardio, seeing as she seems to throw with bad intentions with every shot.

Id like to see how she does against a counter fighter like holm and weather she has the iq to make the adjustments mid fight.
i need to see her fight someone who can weather the storm thats why she lost to cat because she took her shots and fought through it

Back