The punch that concussed Rousey

Did she spar at all? All I saw was her hitting pads with count chockular

She normally spars with ex boxing champ Vic Darchinyan. And by sparring I mean we see Vic dancing around her and nicely throwing some soft shots while Ronda struggles to string a combo together.

She also sparred with a female boxing olympian for this fight but it means nothing when your boxing foundation is equivalent to a donkey taking a shit on the ground in Duabi and having a foreign worker from South East Asian have to pick it up.

Nunes can't get off bottom to save her ass. It's like she enjoys having sweaty women on her treating her roughly. Seriously, Nunes isn't as good as the Tate and ronda fights imply. Watch the Davis and Zingano fights and she doesn't look good. Fighters always look great during their best performances and not very good during their worst fights. The truth is somewhere in between.

Its almost as if fighters grew with experience and better camps that are afforded when they show promise.

Nope, everyone is born with the same ability they will have for life.

Rondas shitty skills or not, Amanda just could not freaking miss last night. Damn.
Ronda was a sitting duck. Stunned so badly by the first few hits that she just froze up, couldn't move, dropped her hands. This was ugly.

She normally spars with ex boxing champ Vic Darchinyan. And by sparring I mean we see Vic dancing around her and nicely throwing some soft shots while Ronda struggles to string a combo together.

She also sparred with a female boxing olympian for this fight but it means nothing when your boxing foundation is equivalent to a donkey taking a shit on the ground in Duabi and having a foreign worker from South East Asian have to pick it up.

Wow literally zero head movement.

Her head just didn't move from the same spot all night.

She didn't even try ducking and just moving.

Then again, the third punch rocked her.

The moment it was done...

ed84f0a33a.gif

Four punch combo to the face.

I don't understand why Ronda wouldn't even try to bull rush her for a td. I mean she is getting her ass kicked in the stand up and she still tries standing up with her.
Ronda did try to clinch. Got punched right back to square one.

is that the first kick Honda has ever thrown?

Those fights were years ago they mean very little especially the Davis fight that was back in Strikeforce.

Nunes has obviously improved you would have to be blind too not see how she picks her shots a lot better for one. Her biggest test will be Valentina in a five rounder assuming she beats Pena.

She gets off the bottom much better? ronda's standup improved greatly since her Strikeforce days - the Davis fight, McMann, Betch and the second Tate fight. See how t'hat works, when you win you look great. No, Nunes isn't great and ronda despite that she "obviously improved" really wasn't that good.

Her head just didn't move from the same spot all night.

She didn't even try ducking and just moving.

Then again, the third punch rocked her.

The moment it was done...

ed84f0a33a.gif

Four punch combo to the face.
Damn, Ronda looks completely clueless in there. Look at the way she's leaning forward. WTF is she doing?

ronda took a hell of a lot of damage in only 48 seconds last night. wonder what nunes' landing % was, had to be like 75% or more.

Fightmetric says Nunes was 27/47, 57%. I swear it was better than that too.

As for which punch concussed Rousey, I'm not sure, but it was weird seeing the fight stopped and Rousey looking like she was ready to go, then realizing it was over. Completely out on her feet.

This was the series of punches that led to Rousey's concussion:

ykl2K0.gif

Seriously Ronda should have taken lessons from Werdum instead of ET:

6.gif

It looks like she's completely unaccustomed to being hit with any kind of force. The expression on her face after she eats a punch is one of complete "wtf just happened".

Also, wtf is up with her footwork? She basically hops/skips around the octagon with her feet planted. No angles, no lateral movement. This is basic shit.

The shot she took at the very end, when she was bouncing off the cage, was brutal. Can't believe she stayed on her feet after that one(she almost didn't).

She gets off the bottom much better? ronda's standup improved greatly since her Strikeforce days - the Davis fight, McMann, Betch and the second Tate fight. See how t'hat works, when you win you look great. No, Nunes isn't great and ronda despite that she "obviously improved" really wasn't that good.
Ronda's striking looked like crap even in her "dominant" victories. Especially the one (Alexis Davis I think) where she did the hip throw into headlock punches and won in something like 16 seconds. I started a thread at the time to point out how overrated she was.

Back