The Pub

McGregor looks like the sorta guy that could beat Aldo and then be champ for a long time.

McGregor looks like the sorta guy that could beat Aldo and then be champ for a long time.

I found the UFC always had trouble creating fighters the general public could really get behind. Titles were either never fought for, or they changed hands too quickly.

Meh, I don't know. To me he looked really sloppy. I think Aldo would pick him apart. I know it was Siver and he was winnin the fight which allowed him to be more open, but that kind of shit doesn't work against someone the caliber of Aldo.

Meh, I don't know. To me he looked really sloppy. I think Aldo would pick him apart. I know it was Siver and he was winnin the fight which allowed him to be more open, but that kind of shit doesn't work against someone the caliber of Aldo.

I'd have to disagree. McGregor throws a lot of spinning shit, but he has excellent rhythm and timing. He's able to be patient and then capitalise, and from what I saw adapt to his opponent relatively well too. He's very unorthodox as well, and that will make his opponent play to his rhythm more, as they try to settle into his pace to get him, rather than try bring him to their pace to fight.

Aldo vs McGregor could go either way. I would prefer Aldo hold onto his belt, but only time will tell.

Aldo has great rhythm and pacing too. He never really loses his composure or fights his opponent's fight. He almost always has an extreme burst of violence on tap. I see Aldo tearing those legs up and totally messing up Conors stance and movement.

Aldo has great rhythm and pacing too. He never really loses his composure or fights his opponent's fight. He almost always has an extreme burst of violence on tap. I see Aldo tearing those legs up and totally messing up Conors stance and movement.

If anything this will likely happen, unless conor lights him up early.

Conor had his hands down way too much. That is not s good strategy against Aldo

lol

B7sIHJ3CIAENNZs.jpg

LkauZ6p.gif

I like the part where he jumps into the security guards arms.

[YT]APUyuri5Usw[/YT]

He could afford to have his hands down because he knew he was controlling the distance. There were numerous times where McGregor would throw a kick and Siver would try to counter with punches but they would fall way short because of McGregor's reach advantage and control of the distance.

I don't McGregor will roll through Aldo but he has the tools to win, we'll have to see if he can implement them well enough to beat Aldo. If he can then I think he's good enough to be champ for a while.

[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/LkauZ6p.gif[/IMG]

I like the part where he jumps into the security guards arms.

[YT]APUyuri5Usw[/YT]

Yeah when I first saw that I thought he was celebrating with a buddy in the stands but no, he was doing the fake "hold me back bro!".

I thought Henderson clearly won that fight. Was very surprised at the decision there.

What's you guys think of Henderson-Cerrone?

I think was a robbery, but then again Bendo really needs to work on finishing his fights. It's a shame because I like the guy and he's nothing but class, but the UFC tends to favor guys who finish fights and drop those who put on lackluster performances (i.e. Jon Fitch). Competition is cutthroat these days.

Speaking of guys who finish fights, McGregor vs Aldo is going to be an interesting for sure. You got a methodical fighter in Aldo going up against a wild brawler in McGregor. IMHO, I think Aldo is going to utilize his devastating leg kicks and slowly pick McGregor apart for another win.

I was disappointed in the fight as a whole and didn't really care who won.

I think was a robbery, but then again Bendo really needs to work on finishing his fights. It's a shame because I like the guy and he's nothing but class, but the UFC tends to favor guys who finish fights and drop those who put on lackluster performances (i.e. Jon Fitch). Competition is cutthroat these days.

Speaking of guys who finish fights, McGregor vs Aldo is going to be an interesting for sure. You got a methodical fighter in Aldo going up against a wild brawler in McGregor. IMHO, I think Aldo is going to utilize his devastating leg kicks and slowly pick McGregor apart for another win.

McGregor isn't a wild brawler. Chris Leben and Wanderlei Silva are brawlers.

Last edited:
It all depends on who can control the distance. Connors hands down strategy is really just a part of his fluidity, opening angles. The question will be how he deals with Aldo's explosive leg kicks. McGregor is a lot more fluid with the hands than Aldo. He's not sloppy at all. More power in the hands too.

interesting matchup. 50/50 imo.

I also agree with the doc. McGreg is the farthest thing there is from a brawler.

I dont like the way McGregor conducts himself.

See what I did there?

Conducts...get it....

Okay, mea culpa. I'm gonna backtrack on that statement. He's not a brawler in the style of Wanderlei, but I see flashes of Nick Diaz and Cung Le in his standup game. His hands down approach to striking is reminiscent of Machida. His style is definitely wild and entertaining to say to the least.

Back