The Pub

Anybody been to the Gallapagos Islands??? Im headed there in a week, I cant find any info about running there, just mountain biking and kayaking which is also very gangster.

kiwi by E Honda headbutt, Sagat Knee and Ryu Shoryuuuuuuuken combo.

If you can only win by KO, does that mean fights that go the distance are considered draws? Or do you fight to the Death/KO?

I just opened up a warehouse gym recently with zero business experience. In the past 4 weeks, I was wracked with doubts and uncertainties about the viabilty of my business, let alone if I was ever going to start it up in the first place. Lots of gyms come and fail, including Crossfit, and those that manage to stay above water don't see profits coming in until their 2nd or even 3rd year. Competition is harsh especially when you're in area that's saturated with similar type of businesses. It's a scary thought sometimes.

Well, the latter has been accomplished so I'm not worried about that anymore, but I'm scrambling to find clients to train to sustain my income. Luckily, rent is cheap and monthly expenses is not bad either. And you know what? Despite all the shit I've went through and the sleepless nights I had to endure to get this shit started, I have not a single iota of regret about doing this. I'm happy with what I'm doing and thankful that I have good friends and mentors with business expertise who more than eager to help me out.

Tl;dr:

Just opened up a business. And I'm happy. No regrets. Do what you want to do and don't let anyone hold you back. Fuck cynics and haters.

That sounds awesome. I've entertained similar ideas of starting a warehouse gym. In my town the only gym is the hospital's, where they don't have a squat rack or power rack. The DB's only go up to 60lbs, and of course, you can't use chalk or drop the weights.

If I was more motivated I would go around and get a consensus if an authentic gym would be something people would want. What would be hard would be competing with the hospital's prices. I think it's about 20 bucks a month.

If you can only win by KO, does that mean fights that go the distance are considered draws? Or do you fight to the Death/KO?

I believe it's a fight to the death scenario. I'll probably hear the specifics about it later on.

Kiwi, if you are ever in Canada and need sparring partners. I can set you up with a few of my patients. Fuck me I wanted to hit a few of them yesterday!

That sounds awesome. I've entertained similar ideas of starting a warehouse gym. In my town the only gym is the hospital's, where they don't have a squat rack or power rack. The DB's only go up to 60lbs, and of course, you can't use chalk or drop the weights.

If I was more motivated I would go around and get a consensus if an authentic gym would be something people would want. What would be hard would be competing with the hospital's prices. I think it's about 20 bucks a month.

The only advice I can offer you is this: if this is what your heart truly desires, then go for it. Mistakes will be made, no doubt, but don't ever get discouraged by them.

And another thing, you need to establish your gym as a "niche gym," not just another one of those commercial gyms. Explain to people what kind of training you do and what it entails. Showing pictures and videos on your smartphone help too. I hope that helps, good luck.

I truly have a dream of having a gym of my own but doubt it'll happen. Still it's something to thrive towards I guess.

I live in a Twin Cities suburb and as far as I can tell there are no good retail stores that sell weight lifting/Crossfit gear in the Twin Cities. While you can get great deals online nothing beats trying on a pair of weight lifting shoes. Nothing beats holding that barbell in your hand and feeling the knurl, our cleaning with some brand new bumpers.

A few weeks ago I actually sent an email to Rogue Fitness asking if they had any intent of selling their items to retail locations or franchising brick and mortar stores. They replied saying they are currently selling items to stores in Europe but not currently in 'Murica. Although they are entertaining the idea and might do it in the future. They are currently accepting business plans.

I think if you had the right location and were the first to do it in your metro area setting up an actual store selling weight liftging/Crossfit gear could work quite well. It is a very devoted group as we all know. I feel I have a pretty good business IQ, and could probably get approved for the necessary loans to make this happen. But with a young family the possibility of failure is tough to get past.

Anyone in the Twin Cities interested in this should seriously hit me up, we should talk. Remember, profit is better than a wage.

I live in a Twin Cities suburb and as far as I can tell there are no good retail stores that sell weight lifting/Crossfit gear in the Twin Cities. While you can get great deals online nothing beats trying on a pair of weight lifting shoes. Nothing beats holding that barbell in your hand and feeling the knurl, our cleaning with some brand new bumpers.

A few weeks ago I actually sent an email to Rogue Fitness asking if they had any intent of selling their items to retail locations or franchising brick and mortar stores. They replied saying they are currently selling items to stores in Europe but not currently in 'Murica. Although they are entertaining the idea and might do it in the future. They are currently accepting business plans.

I think if you had the right location and were the first to do it in your metro area setting up an actual store selling weight liftging/Crossfit gear could work quite well. It is a very devoted group as we all know. I feel I have a pretty good business IQ, and could probably get approved for the necessary loans to make this happen. But with a young family the possibility of failure is tough to get past.

Anyone in the Twin Cities interested in this should seriously hit me up, we should talk. Remember, profit is better than a wage.

You missed the boat buddy. I wish I was still in the twinnies. Unfortunately I'm down in the big apple, otherwise known as omaha, NE.

And Kiwi, you are clinically insane and should be on some hardcore meds, and I say that with all due respect.

It's amazing just how bored I can be listening to my sister talk. I don't think she's said anything interesting, ever.

lol^

Every time a word comes out of my brothers mouth I have to restrain myself from ending him right there. I don't even think we are brothers sometimes, total opposites.

Glad I'm not the only one with dumb siblings.

My sister is awesome. My step brother on the other hand.......

Back