The Pub - KnightTemplar: Barred until he fixes his shoulder mobility issues

Lifts don't scale like that. Keo is strong, but unless I missed something, he's not breaking world records by nearly 200lbs, which is what a 4x Bw deadlift at 300lb would be.

Certain physical feats are impossible for human beings. While we can think of obvious examples, we can't nail down the exact limits of human ability. Instead world records progress towards it, probably asymptotically. Which, from a broad perspective, is the point of sport. Testing human limits, while not knowing exactly what those limits are.

I agree and logic dictates you're correct, but it was a rhetorical question in a lot of ways.

It used to be said that a four minute mile was impossible, once Roger Bannister did it a rash of other people managed it. Seems we're seeing the same with 1000lb squats and big deadlifts. Chemically enhanced in almost all cases, but really, is it totally impossible that a human can't pull 1200lbs? Every time someone adds two pounds to the world record it gets more and more likely.

The one constant of human civiliation is that we have a great track record of doing things that were previously deemed impossible.

Well, as far as I can tell, he's only been tested twice since 2012, both in contest. A mild deterrence, but by no means proof he's clean.

In other news, How the fuck has the USapples gotten away with only testing 16 times in 2013? Russia did 400.

IPF testing doesn't quite work like the IWF. Countries are allowed to administer their own anti-doping programs that don't have to be carried out by WADA personnel or a WADA lab. Only at international level competitions are all tests required to be WADA compliant and reported to the IPF testing database. Unless, however, a country fails too many tests at international meets (like Russia or Poland). Then the IPF steps in and the country is no longer allowed to run their own national level doping program. The USAPL runs it's own testing program and has its own online database so the only tests reported on the IPF site are those done by WADA for big meets.

I ordered a pair of AdiPowers. Cost less than the Rogue do-wins.

Last edited:
Important moral question.

Party or train?

I'm thinking you're right.

It's a going away party for a girl I would like to be sleeping with. She's leaving for the summer. Hopefully she notices my absence.

Lifts don't scale like that. Keo is strong, but unless I missed something, he's not breaking world records by nearly 200lbs, which is what a 4x Bw deadlift at 300lb would be.

Certain physical feats are impossible for human beings. While we can think of obvious examples, we can't nail down the exact limits of human ability. Instead world records progress towards it, probably asymptotically. Which, from a broad perspective, is the point of sport. Testing human limits, while not knowing exactly what those limits are.

Square-cube Law. Rules all the biology and engineering around us.

I'm thinking you're right.

It's a going away party for a girl I would like to be sleeping with. She's leaving for the summer. Hopefully she notices my absence.

If you skip lifting, she will skip you

Train first and go to the party with your swole on. Then bang the girl before she leaves for the Summer.

Train first and go to the party with your swole on. Then bang the girl before she leaves for the Summer.

It's judo team training...times conflict...otherwise I'd do both.

1009787_553312074706036_256972935_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dat proud feeling when a ten-time world champ shares your very own 100% winning formula flowchart on Facebook.

There's a tendency among "non-lifters" to entirely discredit the feats of top tier BBers, PLers and strongmen entirely if they find out they're on gear. I find that ridiculous, as eventhough the hard science behind roids show that it gives you a huge anabolic boost, even sitting on your ass doing NOTHING AT ALL, obviously there is more to placing at the top in your domain than putting a needle in your asscheek and going to the gym a couple of times per week, as some people seem to think.

Placing at the top in BBing is really about not much more than taking the "right" drugs and having the right genetics.

Back