The Pub - KnightTemplar: Barred until he fixes his shoulder mobility issues

Good evening, gents.
I find talking and reading about roids, and people's opinions about them interesting. To me, if seems that the only people who are hellbent against them and slate people who use them are general non lifters/average joes.
I get asked a lot if I'd consider using them, I always say yes I would consider using them. A woman who I've been training asked me, and when I said I would she said "my opinion of you would change". All I said was "why? What do you know about them?" She knew nothing, and couldn't give me a real explanation why she was against them, other than, "you see those idiot guys use them, and it's like, they're dicks".
Whatever, I know so many guys who take it, those who are open about it and those who want to keep it on the down low, and all of them are incredibly nice guys.

The only thing I hate, is when youtubers or athletes swear blind they're not juicing, when they clearly are. They give their fans a false sense of what can be achieved naturally.

If I thought it'd take me to a level I otherwise couldn't reach I'd have to give it some thought for sure. I think I'd decide against it, but it's hard to say right now.

If I thought it'd take me to a level I otherwise couldn't reach I'd have to give it some thought for sure. I think I'd decide against it, but it's hard to say right now.

This is the way i look at it.
Am I competing in anything that requires me to take them? Or Am I taking them to simply fuel my own ego?

Edit: either answer is fine, I would never judge anyone, but those are the questions I ask myself when tempted.

Last edited:
^dammit I thought we were on to something saucy

Lol it doesn't matter I guess. I was just saying how I plan to run some cycles once my squat and deadlift get into the 600+ range. I feel like that will give me enough time such as a year or two to prove to myself whether or not I'm fully committed into powerlifting.

Oh shit I'm under a tornado warning currently. It feels like it is the apocalypse outside right now.

Having said that Keo is some kind of goddamn freak so who's to say it isn't possible. If Keo can do a 4xBW deadlift, how unlikely is it that a 300lb man can do a 4xBW deadlift?

Lifts don't scale like that. Keo is strong, but unless I missed something, he's not breaking world records by nearly 200lbs, which is what a 4x Bw deadlift at 300lb would be.

Certain physical feats are impossible for human beings. While we can think of obvious examples, we can't nail down the exact limits of human ability. Instead world records progress towards it, probably asymptotically. Which, from a broad perspective, is the point of sport. Testing human limits, while not knowing exactly what those limits are.

Lol it doesn't matter I guess. I was just saying how I plan to run some cycles once my squat and deadlift get into the 600+ range. I feel like that will give me enough time such as a year or two to prove to myself whether or not I'm fully committed into powerlifting.

Do it! Who gives a shit what others think.

Edit. Oh I thought the tornado apocalypse comment was because you're considering taking some stuff. If you're actually under a tornado, then good luck.

Lol no I was actually under an actual tornado warning. It caused a lot of damage around me but my place made it through alright and luckily I'm safe.

Edit. Oh I thought the tornado apocalypse comment was because you're considering taking some stuff. If you're actually under a tornado, then good luck.

Would apply in Sweden.

If you guys haven't watched the Brown/Silva fight from Saturday you should find it and watch it right now. It was madness.

On the subject of steroids. They will make me a better version of me, but they will never make me the best at anything. I don't see much point of taking them if they won't make me the best at whatever task I am doing. I understand why athletes use them to be a better version of themselves, that is their livelihood and the better they perform, the more money they would typically make. If that were my situation then I may rethink my position, but it's not. People can do as they wish with themselves, I will not pass judgement on them for it.

If you guys haven't watched the Brown/Silva fight from Saturday you should find it and watch it right now. It was madness.

Agreed. The two that came before that were great too. The whole card was wicked.

Yeah it was a great card. The UFC is on a bit of a roll lately which makes up for the couple of snoozer cards they put on back in the Winter.

I can't even remember the last UFC card I watched was. I think GSP/Diaz. So long ago.

I used to watch every card but now there are so many. I usually watch the PPVs but I only watch the free fights if there's someone I like on the card. I wasn't that high on this past weekend's card except for Brown/Silva but it turned out to be a great one.

UFC 173 looks like it should be a good card too. Here's the main card:

Renan Bar

Man I ate so much food yesterday my abs hurt today.

I'm pretty excited about Lawler vs Ellenberger. Jake has some good stuff and I believe Robbie can bring that out of him. Unlike the Rory fight.

Man I ate so much food yesterday my abs hurt today.

I salute you for your hard endeavour.

Back