The Psychedelic rock / jam / stoner / space rock / krautrock / improv thread

I saw a band from the east coast in Taos NM a month or so ago called Stig. Didn't know what to expect but they were amazing! Funk fusion reminiscent of moments of Snarky Puppy... played so tight and clearly loved what they were doing, plus the crowd loved it and everyone was dancing. Plus there were a few next level dancers doin their thing...

Don’t forget Psychedelic funk/Soul. It is still basically soulful acid rock

New Standard Tuning guitar heaven.

ETA: apologies, this is the sort of thing I listen to when stoned.
Not in the thread spirit though.

Here's a favorite version of a massively trippy song with tons of improv.

Krautrock, you say...

It drifts in with awkward keys, a bit off, like a slightly tortured keyboard chorus, after that a slowly whirring, buzzing rhythm churns and hums in, a hymnal to layered, controlled dissonance that burns deep with quiet, melancholy romance. Then stripped away to the bare, almost tired, anguished keyboard shifting like a forever lost phantom leftover from drowning, looking for daylight on the shore as it gets colder and more distant with every key.

Enjoy.

For which, LOL?

I saw KC play that a few times.
It was jaw dropping.
Fripp is in my top five guitar players.

I would love to see KC live (before it's too late at this point!)

Fripp is my number 1, his style and substance are all there, but his creativity is exemplary.

All the work with KC, Brian Eno, and sterling session work with Bowie produced some of the most epic minutes in music.

I would love to see KC live (before it's too late at this point!)

Fripp is my number 1, his style and substance are all there, but his creativity is exemplary.

All the work with KC, Brian Eno, and sterling session work with Bowie produced some of the most epic minutes in music.
It's a fucking crime that Fripp (and Belew) is so unknown.

If you ever heard Projekct Two, Adrian played trap drums -he's fucking awesome- I was at the Vector Shift in Detroit performance.

Been looping this track a lot lately. Great psych / shoegaze track.

Back