The Progressive Right

N

NewGuardBjj

The right can now claim to be the party of change and social reform. Nowhere is the irony of this about face more poited than in the rise of conservative SJWs (witness The Great Lahren).

There are question marks, though. While the left has laid out multiple visions of what society ought to look like over the years, the new the right hasn't really sketched out a comparable view.

I ask all of you do try your hand at this sketch. What is your vision of America? What should we strive for? What are the values our society ought to uphold?

My thinking is that a comparable vision is unattainable. The populism of the right is not grounded in prescriptions for our problems but is instead an attempt to retreat from them. It's also a retreat from the anxieties associated with moral judgments. The one unifying idea is that we should have jobs, tons of them.

"Make America Great Again"

The question isn't when was America great, but how it will become great in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uphold the Constitution in good faith and respect it until there's enough votes to change it. Pretty simple really.

The constitution is a liberal document, especially now that slavery has been taken out of it. Give people liberty. Give Americans freedom. No bank is too big to fail. If it's too big to fail, break it apart. Hate speech isn't real. PC language is slavery.

The constitution is a liberal document, especially now that slavery has been taken out of it. Give people liberty. Give Americans freedom. No bank is too big to fail. If it's too big to fail, break it apart. Hate speech isn't real. PC language is slavery.

You sound like a libertarian.

Conservatives have low openness i.e. on average are less interested in ideas. You could say their function in society is to steady the boat and rein back the reckless ideas of the left, not to come up with new ideas.

Conservatives have low openness i.e. on average are less interested in ideas. You could say their function in society is to steady the boat and rein back the reckless ideas of the left, not to come up with new ideas.

Libertarians are all idea!

To go back to the cultural values and norms of the great generation

To even go back to the norms of 20 years ago would be a plus

You make some shitty threads man

I ask all of you do try your hand at this sketch. What is your vision of America? What should we strive for? What are the values our society ought to uphold?

I-Will-Do-My-Best-1943.jpg

article-0-1AE9E648000005DC-23_634x423.jpg

father-and-son-playing-catch.jpg

[/QUOTE]
8301903277_44881f4e8a_z.jpg

To go back to the cultural values and norms of the great generation

To even go back to the norms of 20 years ago would be a plus

You make some shitty threads man

You have bad taste , Pwent.

Last edited by a moderator:
90% of liberals have some sort of mental illness, gee i wonder why is that...

You sound like a libertarian.

I largely am. But I'm left on some issues. I think if we had reasonable leadership we could come up with a universal healthcare system that works. I don't think it's impossible. When it comes to individual liberty yes I'm libertarian.

I largely am. But I'm left on some issues. I think if we had reasonable leadership we could come up with a universal healthcare system that works. I don't think it's impossible. When it comes to individual liberty yes I'm libertarian.

It's a great idea in theory, but I don't trust government's competency to oversee healthcare.

It's a great idea in theory, but I don't trust government's competency to oversee healthcare.

Yea me either. Especially when Obama and the rest of the corrupt democrats pushed it through. "We need to pass it into to law so we know what it says!" Fucking traitors imo.

If a group of real patriots, and intelligent men, got together and hammered out a plan, I think it could be done. But getting it done with our actual government, it's dangerous. The only way that might work is individual states figuring it out.

Last edited:
Yea me either. Especially when Obama and the rest of the corrupt democrats pushed it through. "We need to pass it into to law so we know what it says!" Fucking traitors imo.
That Nancy Pelosi line will go down in infamy.

Where kids grow up aspiring to be like say:
- Tim Kennedy
- LeBron James
- Tim Tebow
- Gary Sinise
- Mat Best (sorta)

And not like those twats Lena Dunham, Cenk Unger, or others of their ilk.

Back