THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN Starring Mel Gibson, Sean Penn (First Trailer)

Yep.
He's a Jew.
I looked it up.

It's about time we got some more Mel Gibson.

I don't know what I'm more excited for the movie or the leaked audio of them getting into fights on set.

Not sure why people won't think Penn and Gibson won't get along. Penn has worked and got along very well with Jim Caviziel (a devout catholic) on a Thin Red Line. Gibson has acted along and was directed in a movie by Jodie Foster even after Gibson had said some derogatory things about gays in the 90s

Not sure why people won't think Penn and Gibson won't get along. Penn has worked and got along very well with Jim Caviziel (a devout catholic) on a Thin Red Line. Gibson has acted along and was directed in a movie by Jodie Foster even after Gibson had said some derogatory things about gays in the 90s
I'm sure it will go well, they both have a hilarious story.
I remember in some book I read about Ramirez (the Nightstalker - serial killer) Madonna was visiting Penn.

Update: July 31, 2017

Mel Gibson Sues Voltage Pictures for "Jeopardizing" THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN

saQeOnX.jpg

Mel Gibson is suing Voltage Pictures for "jeopardizing" The Professor and the Madman by failing to honor their co-production deal and allegedly engaging in fraudulent behavior.

Gibson and his producing partner Bruce Davey spent nearly two decades developing the film, which is based on Simon Winchester's book of the same name about the origins of the Oxford English Dictionary.

The actor-producer was set to star in the film, alongside Sean Penn, with Farhad Safinia writing the screenplay and directing. The project "was, and is a labor of love" for the producers and director, according to the complaint filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court.

Gibson and Davey, through their company Icon Productions, entered into a co-production deal with Voltage in 2015 to create the film, which was slated for release this year.

"[T]he Agreements require that things such as material changes to the screenplay, change of director from Mr. Safinia to someone else, the final production budget and schedule, and selection of filming locations be agreed to by Icon and Mr. Gibson," writes attorney Jeffery McFarland in the complaint. "Further, as extra insurance that his vision of the film was protected, Mr. Gibson has the right, if necessary, to select the final cut of the film that is released between a cut prepared by Mr. Safinia and a cut prepared by Voltage."

Gibson claims Voltage failed to live up to its end of their deal by failing to provide a budget, secure a completion bond, shoot "critical" scenes in Oxford, execute Safinia's directing deal and pay Icon its producing fee, among a laundry list of other complaints that had the result of "eviscerating" Gibson's approval rights.

The actor-producer also says Voltage screened to potential distributors an unapproved cut of the film at Cannes.

Gibson and Davey, via Icon, are suing Voltage, and its CEO Nicolas Chartier, for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and promissory fraud. They're seeking not only damages but also a declaration that it can exercise its right to terminate the co-production deal and regain its rights to the film.

Mel Gibson Sues Producer For Sabotaging "Labor of Love" Film 'The Professor and the Madman'

Damn. Was looking forward to this. Now it looks like it's getting twisted up.

Hopefully Mel gets control back. Say what you want about him but that guy knows how to make a fuckin movie.

Isn't Mel's beard muslim? I can't see it getting along with those two

the fast times at ridgemont high guy is now playing a professor. how did we get here?

Who the hell hires Mel Gibson and wants someone else's fucking cut of the movie? I don't care if GIbson showed up on set for one goddamn day to crash the catering service. He tells you what cut to do? Then, Motherfucker, you better do it. Who do you think you are anyway? Walking around all NOT Mel Gibson and shit? Piss off.

Last edited:
Update: February 2, 2019

First International Trailer for THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN

Update: February 2, 2019

First International Trailer for THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN

If this is an incomplete film that both Mel and the director don’t want out there, I probably won’t even watch it. Fook the studio and their half-assed cut.

Back