The problems with treadmill running

I can't stand staring at a wall while running on the treadmill it bugs the shit outta me. Nothing beats running in the woods.

I can't stand staring at a wall while running on the treadmill it bugs the shit outta me. Nothing beats running in the woods.

thats y u go to the gym, theres usually always a tv. Or else buy a tv dumbass?

You just have to make sure you are running on the treadmill correctly. Some people just lift there feet up in the air and don't actually push off with their feet. This makes running on a treadmill a lot easier.

To answer your question, there are advantages to both. If you go outside, run hills to get that benefit. If you run on a treadmill, monitor your speed so you can push yourself harder the next time.

Randy Couture told me that he prefers using treadmills when I was at a training session he was teaching.

Hey man, be nice. Sometimes even watching a T.V. is hard. When you want to concentrate on pushing yourself, T.V's can just get in the way. I find a get a wierd feeling in my stomach if I watch T.V. when I'm jogging because the screen is bounching up and down. I'll always prefer outdoors.

I think you dont get alot of the mental conditioning that comes with road running by using a treadmill.

When youre on the treadmill its actually easier to just keep going than to stop and you also have timers, distance meters and such to keep you motivated whereas on the road its just you and your mind and its alot easier to just stop running.

Treadmills are boring, and they do most of the work for you, you can fix this by fixing the grade you run at. Running outside is more work, depending on the surface more pounding and demanding for stabilization and harder or softer on the joints.
Treadmills will, however, force you to keep up with them, if you can set them at a high speed that you know will kick your ass, and you have teh discipline not to touch that button.

I use teh treadmill because im very self conscious. I hate it but its true..

on a side note.

When running why does it sometimes feel like your calves are about to break through your skin? i had this feeling today and was like pmfgz wdf?.

agreed

trail runs ftw

Even better in the rain. Infact I just got out of a shower after a run in the pouring rain (but on the road, not trail running with is a shame).

with the fuck

I really don't like people who try and justify running on a treadmil without a legitimate reason (ie injury)

on a side note.

When running why does it sometimes feel like your calves are about to break through your skin? i had this feeling today and was like pmfgz wdf?.

ssounds pretty bad, might wanna get that check out

on a side note.

WOA man....the burning sensation is pretty normal its called "warmup" LOL...after you get through that it gets easier, then HARDER....depending on the level of running your doing that is. It really gets fun when your legs are so full of lactic acid you dont think you can move them and your lungs cannot possiblly suck enough precious air to make your body content. So then you push through all of that and keep running....trust me your calves will be the least of your worries.
Self conscious? Idk that's a personal thing...i just think about how it benefits yourself, F*** everyone else really or what they think as long as you're happy with your progress.

Back