The problems with the "Cain can push JDS' cardio to win" argument.

Jack Slack said it well.

Cain stays upright too much as he goes into the pocket. JDS stays "in a line" too much (moves forward and backwards only).

JDS will set up an overhand punch by throwing body shots to Cain.

Cain just has to find a way to get JDS down. Fast. I have no doubt that JDS will suffer if Cain is on top. Nobody wins if Cain has control.

I want Cain to win so there will be a trilogy. This is a great match

wow amazing post, i have my doubts on JDS despite he is my 2nd favorite fighter but threads like this really boost my confidence because everything you say is true.

wow amazing post, i have my doubts on JDS despite he is my 2nd favorite fighter but threads like this really boost my confidence because everything you say is true.

These are the constructive critical posts that make Internet debate great. Ha ha I kid, Thanks man. I don't think JDS is unbeatable, but I think he's a hard counter to Cain's style.

I feel he gets wobbled easy not sure if it's true but a possibility. Similar to Bisping he's never really been KO'd/TKO'd much but he gets wobbeled in like every other fight.

I don't know if this is true for Cain but its certainly possible. I've never seen Kongo as a power striker.

Name another fight other than Kongo or JDS where Cain has been wobbled...

I think you guys forget to acknowledge the dynamics of a fight when trying to gauge "chins" and "power"

These guys are moving all the time and that augments the impact of the strikes. No two strikes absorbed are ever the same. So comparisons don't hold up. It wouldn't surprise me if most guys would get dropped taking the same shot Cain did from JDS. Doesn't mean ONLY Cain has a "bad chin".

I think you guys forget to acknowledge the dynamics of a fight when trying to gauge "chins" and "power"

These guys are moving all the time and that augments the impact of the strikes. No two strikes absorbed are ever the same. So comparisons don't hold up. It wouldn't surprise me if most guys would get dropped taking the same shot Cain did from JDS. Doesn't mean ONLY Cain has a "bad chin".

I think Cain had a pretty good chin all things considered. He got absolutely blasted by Kongo, he regularly walks through jabs he eats, and although he got smacked pretty good a couple times against Big Ben, never once took his foot off the gas. There aren't many men who can take those bombs and keep coming, Cain is one of them. He just relies on having the opponent there at the same time to take worse damage(Nog), or get taken down(Kongo,Ben,Silva).

To his credit, Junior seems to have a good chin too, taking a few testers against past opposition when he gets over-exuberant.

I can't name another fight. Thats why I said it's a possibility I'm not saying he does or doesn't. He hasn't had very many fights to really judge from. On top of that fact that he pretty much uses his wrestling and doesnt stand for very long.

I'm open to the possibilty that his chin is weak you refuse to acknowledge it as even a possibility the same way people say he has a weak chin and refuse to acknowledge maybe Kongo and JDS just happened to catch him.

Cain's biggest obstacle is his chin.

It's not his ability to take a punch, it's his ability to avoid getting punched. He handles getting hit by heavyweights extremely well. It was JDS's g'n'p that won the first fight not the big overhand right.

Cain's biggest weakness is his defense, unless he made significant improvements in that area, I don't see the fight going his way.

People write off the first fight as some fluke but look at the way he got caught, he does not move his head at all when he punches, he just never really fought someone who can exploit that hole in his game up until he fought JDS(well Kongo did at times).

Against someone like JDS, you need better defense, plain and simple. He's too easy to hit and JDS hits way too hard to be taking flush shots from him.

Of course Cain can win this fight if he is able to get the TD's and work his GNP, I just feel his defense is too lacking for him to really be able to implement his gameplan, every fight starts standing.

I agree with this, and with most of what TS said.

I'll caveat that with their difference in chins, which is something neither guy can really train or take responsibility for. What you can do though, is take resposibility for improving your defense if your chin isn't stellar enough to afford getting hit in the first place. Cain's offense is amazing, and I think he's #2 HW and probably beats Overeem as well. But I also believe his skillset and speed has got him where he's at today, but JDS is his fastest opponent and has a chin that's better. Not a good thing if you're going to stand with him. Cain is easily JDS' biggest challenge on paper, and he can avenge his loss and make that challenge a reality if he can get away from his striking habits and stick to a legitimate gameplan that capitalizes on Cigano's weaknesses. Let's hope he's done his homework so we can see one for the history books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back