The Problem With Women's MMA

He has a point.

I hate having to sit through WMMA fights because the skill level is fucking low.

I'll watch Shevchenko vs Nunes or Shevchenko vs Joanna or Joanna vs Rose any day but most of these other girls are terrible.

If they were men with the same skills they wouldnt be in the UFC.

I just don't think Invicta ratings are great
One needs UFC Fight Pass to watch it. That is limiting in itself.

Before Invicta FC went onto UFC Fight Pass, they nearly went bankrupt trying to stream it... not because there was no audience, but because so many people wanted to watch it that the streaming service they used kept crashing, and the promo, at least twice, had to refund everybody's money who had paid for the streaming.

145 is realistically women's LHW or HW. But the average American woman is 5'3" 170 lbs, so calling it HW wouldn't be too good for marketing.
Technically true considering it's 145 in shape. No different than 200lbs guys. Sure it might be common in North America, but most aren't in shape at those respective weights. No one is convincing me that Holly Holm is small for a woman comparatively to how TJ Dillashaw is small for a man.

Technically true considering it's 145 in shape. No different than 200lbs guys. Sure it might be common in North America, but most aren't in shape at those respective weights. No one is convincing me that Holly Holm is small for a woman comparatively to how TJ Dillashaw is small for a man.
Obviously, she's 5'9, so 6" above the normal American, and about as jacked as possible for a natural female athlete that isnt a weight lifter. That's like a 6'3" jacked as fuck man, which actually isn't even LHW -- but HW size.

Besides skill level,the problem is that every move/strike they throw lacks power , therefore it's boring to watch cuz you know that 99% of the time nothing is gonna happen and you loose interest

Obviously, she's 5'9, so 6" above the normal American, and about as jacked as possible for a natural female athlete that isnt a weight lifter. That's like a 6'3" jacked as fuck man, which actually isn't even LHW -- but HW size.
Lol yup, hit the nail on the head. Although you're probably right that marketing a woman's "heavyweight" division would be a turn off for most people.

It's just body mechanics. I'm 5'7" 145 lbs and I had a faster serve, using men's balls, than most professional women's tour players after playing tennis casually for like 2 months. I clocked in ~ 110 mph on my first serve. Women's pro tour average is like 95 even using lighter balls. It probably has to do with upper body strength (I can do like 30 pull ups) and the angle of the hips or something.

Men have more fast twitch muscles and our joint & skeletal structure is better suited for fast explosive movements. We also have more muscle at a given body weight, physiology is real, men are stronger and more explosive, who could've known?

Going back to tennis, I started when I was about 4 or 5 and played for 13 or 14 years. Pretty much every guy I faced in competition had a hard serve and forehand but most of them couldn't place a shot to save their lives. All I had to do was block their shots back a couple times and I'd get an easy shot that I could rip down the line or across the court for a winner. The guys who consistently beat me were the ones who could think ahead and intelligently place shots that would put me out of position and leave large parts of the court open, not the ones who could bash a ball harder than me.

If we talk about women's tennis, the skill level has actually degraded a fair bit since the 90s to mid 2000s era. It's mostly baseline ball smashing to see who gets a ball blown by them first or get run ragged going from sideline to sideline. There's very little of the shot making which was common during the golden age. This is just one game from '95. You could go through an entire tournament these days and struggle to find as many quality shots as you see here.

The problem with wmma is Rachel ostovich not fighting enough

If we talk about women's tennis, the skill level has actually degraded a fair bit since the 90s to mid 2000s era.
I don't think I've watched any tennis whatsoever since the 90's (or maybe the 80's), so my comments about women's tennis may well be out of date.

Lol @ “female athletics”<45><Lmaoo>

FinishedSnoopyAnaconda-size_restricted.gif

You seem very sure about something you don't seem very sure about. Bottom line, they probably do have a means of tracking viewers, but guess why they don't publish! It's because WMMA does dogshit numbers. They are just hoping it will eventually gain traction to appease their political masters...

Even DFW said he'd never have WMMA... It seems a shore of $4b is enough to change his mind. Everybody has a proce for the million dollar man!

UFC should remove all weight classes below light heavy for men, and all WMMA. There is nothing 'ultimate' about watching a 115lbs woman get punched in the face. Of course some women will want to train and fight. More power to 'em, but don't expect to get the same treated the same as a male fighter... because that is what they ain't! Men are men and women are women (with corresponding attributes). Anything else is genocidal warefare

If your struggling to see the breakdown in society happening concurrently with turbocharged third wave feminism then I suggest you clear your glasses...
This is a completely ridiculous opinion. I'm actually a little concerned for your mental health.

We certainly are. Try having this conversation again when you've got some life experience ;-)
Imagine being so delusional that you think you know know what you are talking about. You got owned in this thread dude. You don't get to be smug.

BJJ isn't fighting.. it's BJJ.

Obviously men are more athletic and strong, but the difference is even more pronounced in fighting. The male body evolved to fight; the men who sucked at fighting had their genes wiped out. That didn't happen in basketball, tennis, etc. The differences that make people dangerous fighters are even more pronounced in men beyond general athletic differences. If you look at numbers like punching power differences, ability to withstand punishment -- it's all much more of a pronounced difference. Someone like JJ could hit a man all day and it would feel like being hit by a fly.

There are tonnes of men who lack any kind of basic aggression or ability to fight, look at that mugger who got beaten up by flyweight Polyana Viana.

Hey man whatever floats your boat

I just don't think Invicta ratings are great, and I doubt 95% of the goofs in here who get angry about people shitting on WMMA have ever watched Invicta in their lives.

I don't have any evidence but I've read somewhere that Invicta is one of the better viewed orgs on fight pass.

The problem is they added way too much wmma way too soon. There just aren't enough skilled fighters to fill divisions. And I have zero interest in watching sloppy, low level fights. I don't watch low level regional orgs either.

For some the appeal is watching the best in the world fight, not just any two randoms.

Its very low level and amateurish, Pro WMMA is many levels below Amateur male MMA. The ones who really "love" it and think its great will never ever ever ever watch invicta, but will argue forever that its great for UFC, very creepy and weird people! beyond creepy
Yeah I actually used to watch Invicta from tike to time before they had wmma in the ufc. I have a friend that's really into wmma for.... some reason.

Those fights are fun to watch, but Invicta was charging like 10 bucks for ppv cards. Not $60+. To many of us, putting multiple wmma fights on the card simply dilutes the product so much it isn't worth buying anymore.

Back