The Problem With Women's MMA

The big difference is the talent pool. Men's featherweight is and always will be a competitive weight class in comparison to heavyweight. The women's divisions are even worse than heavyweight, for every Shevchenko you get tons of crap. The percentage of women that are even interested in sports is small let alone competing, let alone fighting.
Straw weight is not worse than heavyweight. Not by a mile. The others are shallow, granted.

In other news...water is wet

This guy should not be handling MMA

Its still relatively new to the UFC its gunna take time for it to mature just like mens did..go back watch the first UFCs..even when they adopted the unified rules its completely different..

I’ve narrowed it down to Top 3 implications.

If you can honestly picture the likes of PVZ or Rose beating up a man in a serious fight where the man is actually fully trying to win you're nuts.
Because in a 'serious fight' you're trying to 'beat up a man'. There are only two real goals in a serious fight.

Kill the other guy.
Get away.

The best targets are balls, throat and eyes. Ears and temples not bad, but not as good. I'll take a trained fighter who knows what to target over someone a hundred pounds heavier any day of the weak. Valentina Shevchenko can't take Jon Jones in a real fight. but against 90% of the people posting here? You'd be on the floor blind with your hands cupping your crushed nuts. You wouldn't be screaming because you can't do that with your throat caved in.

MMA is a sport. Fighting is about killing and/or getting away.

Because in a 'serious fight' you're trying to 'beat up a man'. There are only two real goals in a serious fight.

Kill the other guy.
Get away.

The best targets are balls, throat and eyes. Ears and temples not bad, but not as good. I'll take a trained fighter who knows what to target over someone a hundred pounds heavier any day of the weak. Valentina Shevchenko can't take Jon Jones in a real fight. but against 90% of the people posting here? You'd be on the floor blind with your hands cupping your crushed nuts. You wouldn't be screaming because you can't do that with your throat caved in.

MMA is a sport. Fighting is about killing and/or getting away.

That's definitely not what he meant, and that shit is way overblown. Ever listen see Bas Rutten talk about eye gouges? Yeah no shit kicking in the nuts, eye gouges, etc. You ain't just going to "punch someone in the throat" dude, otherwise people in MMA would do that, it's not easy to do that.

Anyway, the other guy clearly meant in a serious sparring match / real mma fight where the guy is going 100%.

And I agree. Listen there's weight classes for a reason, and now you are multiplying this by X when it's female vs male. Women are weaker, they have less test, and we are specifically talking about women who are walking around at 125-140 lbs maximum.

Valentina I agree on, but you are naming a top 2 female fighter in the world who's at the 99th percentile of women at fighting. And then put her against any 190-230+lb male who's at least a decent athlete with at least minimal training, and she gets destroyed. But that's a "no shit" scenario basically. Not sure why she can kick someone in the balls either lmao, talking actual "street fight" is retarded, you're introducing so many variables that go aginast her as well and that don't show someone's skill at fighting such as pavement and concrete walls, knives and weapons.

Anyway, yeah I mean I don't think it's that demeaning to say that any relatively average to large sized male, who's at least a mediocre athlete, and at least has some semblance of what he's doing throwing a punch or grappling, even without training, would destroy most WMMA fighters. It's also not even fair anyway...and it's called science. There's a scientific difference between men and women. There's a reason Serena Williams admitted she would get destroyed by not even close top top tier men's tennis guys, and the women's olympic hockey team got dumped on by a high school boys team.

Mens tennis gets more viewership on the pro Level + brings in more money for Pretty much every Tournament.
That doesn't make me more interested in watching long strings of service aces instead of rallies.

WMMA is like female hockey. It has the right to exist, but don't shove it down my throat.

Putting a WMMA fight on a main card is like if they forced you to watch women play hockey for 20 minutes between 2 periods during a playoffs game for the Stanley cup. It doesn't belong there.

I'm not much of a fan of watching tennis, but I'd rather watch women's tennis than men's tennis. Men's tennis has more aces (wins on the serve), and I find these unanswered serves to be less interesting than rallies (the ball going back and forth across the net). So it isn't just the eye candy, the matches themselves have more interesting action, in my opinion.

I'll add that, at the Olympics, I expect that women's gymnastics is better attended than men's gymnastics.

Tennis is the only one I agree with and it's literally because they're not strong enough to get aces lol. Gymnastics I'm sure they're better than men but it's not really a sport that's a routine, you ain't playing against anybody.

How many people who are pro UFC WMMA watch Invicta? Or watched Invicta before the UFC had WMMA?

Tennis is the only one I agree with and it's literally because they're not strong enough to get aces lol.
I think height is a significant factor. The taller one is, the better the angle for the serve.

How many people who are pro UFC WMMA watch Invicta? Or watched Invicta before the UFC had WMMA?
I watch Invicta FC, and have watched it live from close to its beginning. Considering that Rousey signed with the UFC in 2012, and that's the year that Invicta FC had its first fight, there's not a big time window open for having watched it before WMMA began in the UFC.

By the way, Invicta FC is the only reason I subscribe to UFC Fight Pass.

Last edited:
I think height is a significant factor. The taller one is, the better the angle for the serve.

Probably but they also dont hit it as hard. Some tennis guy you never heard of who was ranked like 200 at the time stomped out both serena and venus William's in their primes. Womens tennis may be better to watch though but athletically it's way fucking worse.

My point is you can say wmma is fun and that's an opinion, I dont share it but I cant say you are wrong. You can say they are great athletes and I'd say yes they are for women. It's like me saying he's a great athlete for a 12 year old. Neither a top woman or a top 12 year old boy would ever beat a top man in anything so it's pretty much the same. I dont want to watch 12 year olds on a ufc main card.

I don't think it's possible for WMMA to develop that much. There's a certain baseline level of athleticism that's required to actually do proper MMA. 99.99% of men have it. Only like .1% of women have it. So WMMA can never be full of athletes that are even physically capable of doing high level MMA technique.

It's like no matter how popular WNBA gets, you're never going to see a league full of dunks. No matter how popular women's tennis gets, you're never going to see women hitting great serves and topspin. No matter how popular WMMA gets, you'll never see a weight division full of women with dynamic fighting styles.

It's just body mechanics. I'm 5'7" 145 lbs and I had a faster serve, using men's balls, than most professional women's tour players after playing tennis casually for like 2 months. I clocked in ~ 110 mph on my first serve. Women's pro tour average is like 95 even using lighter balls. It probably has to do with upper body strength (I can do like 30 pull ups) and the angle of the hips or something.

Men training casually can beat women's world records in under a year. I remember when I got seriously into weight lifting, I roughly matched women's world records at my weight after lifting (like a maniac with a perfect diet) for like 4-5 months. It's just a completely different ball game. I don't think women's MMA will ever look like men's MMA, just like the WNBA won't ever look close to the NBA -- not because of a shallow talent pool, but just because women can't do those things.

Hold your hips forward a few inches like a retard, and it's hard to even walk, you're like bowlegged and projecting any kind of strength makes you just tip over otherwise the force would crush your lower back. Trying to run would resemble wobbling like a penguin. That's how women are built naturally.

Last edited:
I watch Invicta FC, and have watched it live from close to its beginning. Considering that Rousey signed with the UFC in 2012, and that's the year that Invicta FC had its first fight, there's not a big time window open for having watched it before WMMA began in the UFC.

By the way, Invicta FC is the only reason I subscribe to UFC Fight Pass.
Hey man whatever floats your boat

I just don't think Invicta ratings are great, and I doubt 95% of the goofs in here who get angry about people shitting on WMMA have ever watched Invicta in their lives.

Isn't it funny how the weight class names are the same for women. 145 is "featherweight" and 135 is "bantamweight." Featherweights are averaged sized guys or slightly smaller, something that Cyborg or Nunes isn't lol.
145 is realistically women's LHW or HW. But the average American woman is 5'3" 170 lbs, so calling it HW wouldn't be too good for marketing.

Most men are complete pussies. When new dudes come to the gym and train BJJ, the first few times rolling with them is like playing with a small child.
BJJ isn't fighting.. it's BJJ.

Obviously men are more athletic and strong, but the difference is even more pronounced in fighting. The male body evolved to fight; the men who sucked at fighting had their genes wiped out. That didn't happen in basketball, tennis, etc. The differences that make people dangerous fighters are even more pronounced in men beyond general athletic differences. If you look at numbers like punching power differences, ability to withstand punishment -- it's all much more of a pronounced difference. Someone like JJ could hit a man all day and it would feel like being hit by a fly.

Back