The Problem With Women's MMA

WMMA sucks, period. If Ronda Rousey and Cyborg got into a fight on my front lawn, I'd close the blinds and call the police.

Very true.

I’m all for all the women fighters going to Invicta. If it can last on its own, so be it.

But I don’t want it in UFCs cards, and I don’t want it in Bellators cards. Give it to Invicta.
So with that in mind, here’s a shout out to WME...

Put on a card without ANY WMMA, make a point of it, and watch your PPV numbers go thought the roof... $$$$$$

We are the silent majority.

listening Dana?

The talent pool in wmma isn't gonna get any bigger if you don't put women in the spotlight. You need role models.

Girls are gonna watch Valentina (as they watched Ronda before) and go: "That could be me, this is what I wanna do".
The current UFC strawweight champion, Weili Zhang, has said that watching Ronda gave her the incentive to go pro as an MMA fighter.

All I know is when I saw the Holm/Pennington fight as the co-main I sighed to myself .

When the time came it was exactly what I thought it'd be and I fought to stay awake.

I don't hate WMMA. I love Rose and Zhang; And Amanda and Valentina are a joy to watch. The talent level just isn't there yet and probably won't be for another 5-10 years. Stating the obvious, but it's just a snowball effect that takes time as more talent emerges it'll garner more attention making it appear to be a more viable career path and bring more talent into the sport .

It’s so fucking boring. Like watching little kids fight.

Oh, I'm sure Dana listens with rapt attention to Sherdog white belts, with 16 total posts, before making big money decisions. Because he's shrewd that way.
<YeahOKJen>

What do you think Sherdog is for???

An eye into the grass roots. Money talks bullshit walks son

Regarding Invicta... well I learned something new. Bet it does low numbers compared to like Men only promos.

I'm not sure I'd called them a full-blown organisation per se, but Japan has Jewels right now (formerly Smackgirl), and had Valkyrie in the past (which even co-promoted with Jewels, so multiple women's leagues at the same time).

I have no idea about viewership numbers, but there have definitely been women who were MMA stars in Asia, like Angela Lee (the face of ONE), Fujii Megumi, Ham Seo Hee (ie: "Hamderlei").

I'm not sure I'd called them a full-blown organisation per se, but Japan has Jewels right now (formerly Smackgirl), and had Valkyrie in the past (which even co-promoted with Jewels, so multiple women's leagues at the same time).

I have no idea about viewership numbers, but there have definitely been women who were MMA stars in Asia, like Angela Lee (the face of ONE), Fujii Megumi, Ham Seo Hee (ie: "Hamderlei").

An analogous situation exists for the British publication the Guardian. Leftist tripe.

Due to their non existent readership, free market economics would dictate they would go bust...

But no. They have a billion $ trust fund which funds them... They don’t have to sell a single newspaper to survive (or thrive)

I don't think he's completely wrong. It started as a gamble and from pressure from equality and whatnot.

Now, from a business point, if you have a pretty blonde, English speaking girl that's dominant, sure, easier to Market... And they might do good numbers. Only rousey, cyborg has done that... maybe Holly

But they do poor when wmma is the main event. They can't even promote the best female fighter on the planet, amanda Nunez. Paradoxically, not marketable. But she's way better then rousey.

If the UFC makes an only wmma card... good luck to the UFC. They'll loose money.
I don't know anybody that watches invicta, I've read that it might fold and be taken by the UFC.
Are you implying the UFC implementing WMMA was based on anything other than money?? Ronda was a cash cow at the time and it had ZERO to do with “pressure from equality.” Nowadays with ESPN there might be slight pressure in that regard, but back in the ZUFFA era Dana couldn’t have given two shits about “pressure for equality.” He saw dollar signs with Ronda rousey and he pounced.

the problem with womens mma Is that its not full of thots like the wwe.

not enough tits and ass to keep the casuals satisfied.

I could watch a boring fight if the chicks were super hot and wearing skimpy clothing.

A lot of you are deeply disturbed by the fact there are some women who would kick your ass.

UFC forcing WMMA onto the cards is nothing short of a political act.

If a WMMA-only promotion existed, no one outside of soya-munching hippies would watch.

The only form of protest they understand is with your wallet. Don’t spend a cent with them unless there is no WMMA on the card.
iu

The biggest problem with women's MMA is that the UFC airs that shit on the same cards as the men's fights.
Are you proposing WUFC? I woudln't be opposed lol. Aside from Shev or Nunes WMMA fights are bathroom breaks.

Like when a man is moving the lawn, and his little kid is beside him with a toy lawnmower
Right. And you encourage him. Good job little billy you are doing great.

basically what Rogan and the other commentators do. They try to make WMMA sound so amazing and technical. Like stfu joe

Back