The Problem With Women's MMA

The talent pool in wmma isn't gonna get any bigger if you don't put women in the spotlight. You need role models.

Girls are gonna watch Valentina (as they watched Ronda before) and go: "That could be me, this is what I wanna do".

<36>

I don't think he's completely wrong. It started as a gamble and from pressure from equality and whatnot.

Now, from a business point, if you have a pretty blonde, English speaking girl that's dominant, sure, easier to Market... And they might do good numbers. Only rousey, cyborg has done that... maybe Holly

But they do poor when wmma is the main event. They can't even promote the best female fighter on the planet, amanda Nunez. Paradoxically, not marketable. But she's way better then rousey.

If the UFC makes an only wmma card... good luck to the UFC. They'll loose money.
I don't know anybody that watches invicta, I've read that it might fold and be taken by the UFC.
Do an all manlet card then.... see how that turns out. Shit.... triple C could have all the belts and still wouldnt draw.
Mighty mouse could never sniff what rousey did... Even cyborg.

Shit... do a card with woodley. Flies in the arena.

Amanda is an ugly lesbian who pretty much doesnt speak english and sorry to say but het IQ is clearly low. She cant say a witty thing if her life depended on it.

Its a lot more the person than the sex.

Sure the sex plays a factor. Women are behind men across all sports. I would never argue that it is equal.
And specially since the talent pool still years behind the men.

But if you think the UFC would sacrifice their bottom line to make a political statement you are kidding yourself

Bet it does low numbers compared to like Men only promos.
I don't think there are any significant "men only" promos outside of Russia and countries of the former Soviet Union. I've challenged Sherdoggers to try to name such promotions, but whenever I check those names out I find they've put on women's fights.

Look how successful the WNBA was, doesn't take a high IQ to figure out the audience that watches men fight could give a flying fuck about slow plodding women attempting to fight. We didnt like manlets, women are worse than them..get it the fuck out of shows or continue to lose viewers...

Jimmy Smith explains that the big problem with women's MMA is the shallow-talent pool, and how that negatively impacts the development of top-level fighters.

Do you agree?

Cliffs for those too busy to watch the video:
>99% of women suck at fighting
>wmma was a mistake

Women's MMA is no different than Women's Soccer or Hockey.

The Countries with advanced women's programs are fucking lightyears ahead of the rest. It's taken decades, and even now it's still at the point where the opening round is filled with embarrassing one sided losses. The only reason those losses are becoming fewer is because a lot of the women from the lesser countries are going to school in the states and playing in college or their countries are putting resources into those programs.

Because it's an individual sport WMMA doesn't have that luxury and i don't think there are a ton of Women who want to get punched in the face for a pittance and the ones that do aren't typically in the 115 - 145 lbs wheelhouse.

I honestly don't think WMMA will ever be particularly competitive in our lifetimes.

I don't like woman's MMA. To me it is like karaoke at the bar on Friday nights, amateurs a plenty and every now and then someone gets up and hits a few high notes but there just isn't enough of those moments to hold my attention. More power to women but I wish WMMA was removed from cards, I wouldn't miss it a bit and I have simply not purchased cards due to there being too many WMMA fights present on the main card.

Do an all manlet card then.... see how that turns out. Shit.... triple C could have all the belts and still wouldnt draw.
Mighty mouse could never sniff what rousey did... Even cyborg.

Shit... do a card with woodley. Flies in the arena.

Amanda is an ugly lesbian who pretty much doesnt speak english and sorry to say but het IQ is clearly low. She cant say a witty thing if her life depended on it.

Its a lot more the person than the sex.

Sure the sex plays a factor. Women are behind men across all sports. I would never argue that it is equal.
And specially since the talent pool still years behind the men.

But if you think the UFC would sacrifice their bottom line to make a political statement you are kidding yourself
I agree with everything you said right here my man.
Except that I said, that, AT FIRST It was a bit of a gamble and political correctness not currently....

I can tell you with certainty that even if most of the wmma weight classes are doing shit numbers, they'll never get rid of wmma @ ufc. Backlash would be bad.

But they know better then us about their finances specially since is not public info... So I wouldn't be surprised if a complete wmma weight class does better then the male counterpart.

I still think that 95% of wmma is absolutely abysmal technique, quality compared to the weakest men division

UFC forcing WMMA onto the cards is nothing short of a political act.

EVERY major promotion in the world (except some in Russia and the former Soviet Union, etc.) puts on women's fights. You trying to tell us that, in local promotions worldwide, feminist politics over-rides capitalism to such an extent that there are no all-male promotions anywhere of note willing to boost their profits by excluding women's fights? Or could it just possibly be that your purely idealogical assertion against capitalism as being the driving force for everybody putting on women's fights doesn't match the facts?

Cliffs for those too busy to watch the video:
>99% of women suck at fighting
>wmma was a mistake
Not even close to what he said in the video. Either you didn't actually watch the video yourself, or your comprehension skills are very low.

I agree with everything you said right here my man.
Except that I said, that, AT FIRST It was a bit of a gamble and political correctness not currently....

I can tell you with certainty that even if most of the wmma weight classes are doing shit numbers, they'll never get rid of wmma @ ufc. Backlash would be bad.

But they know better then us about their finances specially since is not public info... So I wouldn't be surprised if a complete wmma weight class does better then the male counterpart.

I still think that 95% of wmma is absolutely abysmal technique, quality compared to the weakest men division
If it wasnt good for them they wouldnt keep adding weight classes as they have been.

There are even rumours about an atomweight now.

Besides all else, its a numbers game too. Like.... having the ability to groom one rousey will pay off in the long run for all the other crap that gets paid 10/10 etc...

Because it's an individual sport WMMA doesn't have that luxury and i don't think there are a ton of Women who want to get punched in the face for a pittance and the ones that do aren't typically in the 115 - 145 lbs wheelhouse.

I honestly don't think WMMA will ever be particularly competitive in our lifetimes.

The guy speaking in the video says the 115 lbs division is already competitive.

I don't mind WMMA. Some posters here act like it is an affront to humanity to have, *gasp,* women on a UFC card. So if they took them off and replaced them with unknowns or "manlets," I'm assuming the complaining would stop?

An entertaining fight is an entertaining fight to me. I thought the Lee/Murphy fight was one of the better ones on the PPV but if you asked some around here it seemed like they'd prefer two fat HWs with beer bellies slugging it out. That's all fine and good from time to time but I still prefer a fight like Lee/Murphy over a bumfight 90% of the time.

Outside of the sloppiness of it all it's hard to get really invested in woman's MMA when I know most of the same weight men would own whomever was the female champion.

It's kind of like watching minor league fighting. It's fun. It's entertaining. But don't try and serve me a full card of that shit, because I ain't buying it for 60 bucks.

UFC forcing WMMA onto the cards is nothing short of a political act.

If a WMMA-only promotion existed, no one outside of soya-munching hippies would watch.

The only form of protest they understand is with your wallet. Don’t spend a cent with them unless there is no WMMA on the card.

Very true.

I’m all for all the women fighters going to Invicta. If it can last on its own, so be it.

But I don’t want it in UFCs cards, and I don’t want it in Bellators cards. Give it to Invicta.

Btw guys just so you know, you can't criticize women at all, if you do, some low testosterone fat out of shape beta will call you an incel and tell you all about his wife and her boyfriend.
Respect whamen.

Look how successful the WNBA was, doesn't take a high IQ to figure out the audience that watches men fight could give a flying fuck about slow plodding women attempting to fight. We didnt like manlets, women are worse than them..get it the fuck out of shows or continue to lose viewers...

<mma4>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back