The problem is JDS' Conditioning

And why do you think he wasn't able to keep his back off the cage? BECAUSE he's tired.

Always take the first 2 minutes of the fight to judge. In the first couple minutes, he was doing it right, circling, throwing bombs, defending takedowns, and getting back to the middle.

Its because his blood was flowing right, no cardio issues, so he was fully aware. That's the difference.

Once you start lacking oxygen, you're not fully aware anymore, you're doing the wrong things, soon you're folding and you're coasting through.

No shit sherlock.

He didn't circle at all the first two minutes the entire first round he got forced to the cage. He came out trying to throw bombs and Cain kept cutting off the cage and forced him to the cage and THATS WHAT TIRED HIM OUT. It TIRES OUT EVERY STRIKER WHEN FACING A SUPERIOR GRAPPLER. We did not see some revolutionary gameplan last night. It was BJ/GSP II all over again. Even if JDS had some god like cardio he fought Cain's fight WHICH LED TO HIS DOWNFALL. JDS cardion was fine in high output fights like JDS/R. Nelson, JDS/Cro-Cop, JDS/Carwin only difference in those fights than the ones with Cain, was he was ABLE TO DICTATE THE PACE.

Like someone already pointed out its harder being the nail than the hammer.

Done analyzing. Later

Good post.

Junior getting knocked down didn't help either.

I work out alot, I do alot of weights, and I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6 speed and run 30 minutes on 3-9 speed. About 5 or 6 days a week.

I don't ever get tired in that 1 hour of cardio.

Every month however, the boys throw a game of basketball, and I find myself grasping for air in about 3 minutes at best.

Yeah somehow I don't think you're THE authority on S&C. LOL. Elite MMA training is A LOT more complex than what you're doing.

BUT, I do agree has has to change camps. It's not working for him. Greg Jackson would be perfect for him. Cardio and gameplaning are his gym's forte.

JDS was eying Cain's camp at JR's interview.

He was saying Cain was lucky to train with his team lol.

You neglected to mention your training when you get punched in the face repeatedly by 220lb+ trained fighters. You would likely do so during your weight session for real-world applicability.

Or perhaps your personal annecdotal experience means absolutely nothing in comparison to a top MMA heavyweight.

I think a lot of people missed how many body shots Cain dished out, in addition to the wrestling, tiring out JDS, and he may have had a first-round adrenaline dump regardless.

I can play this game too.

I saw him take a deep breath too in the first.I knew cain would maul him from there

JDD is doing the wrong type of conditioning. He is using a very comfortable pace in his gym, doing alot of the things that he's not going to use against Cain.

I am going to explain what happened to JDS in the last 2 fights in this little example.

I work out alot, I do alot of weights, and I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6 speed and run 30 minutes on 3-9 speed. About 5 or 6 days a week.

I don't ever get tired in that 1 hour of cardio.

Every month however, the boys throw a game of basketball, and I find myself grasping for air in about 3 minutes at best.

In basketball, you are using your senses, you are sprinting and pausing so often, your breathing is not constant, you are emotional, and at last, you are not used to it.

Cain does what he did last night daily in the gym. Everyday in the gym he's going over 25 minutes of non-stop pressure. JDS isn't. He dropped a hint in the post-fight interview how nice it must be to have DC by your side.

JDS is probably doing cardio, training TDD, doing boxing, working off his back, ALL AT A COMFORTABLE pace.

You can do 15 minutes of cardio (stand-up with Hunt) and not be tired one bit, but play basketball (grapple war with Cain) and you're going to be tired.

You'd all be lying if you say that you didn't notice JDS' breathing change right in that 1st minute. He's emotional, he knows he needs to get that KO, he knows what's coming, he's throwing wild shots, he's moving back, he's trying to defend takedowns, and he still has to get that one shot it.

Peace

Maybe, but I doubt the constant punches was helping.

Junior's cardio has held up fine before in long grueling matches. He is a great fighter with very few real holes in his game.

The problem is that Cain Velasquez is the champion; a guy who is built to be pretty much the perfect HW fighter. Solid, fast, amazing cardio, amazing skillset, great fight IQ, no beach muscle and a born warrior.

JDS is in great shape, Cain is just fitter.

You are right about intensity of training vs duration, though. And JDS has the willpower to achieve Cain's conditioning level, if he had someone like Cain to train with..... but that person may not exist. He will need to have several good wrestling teammates that can pressure like Cain for a couple of minutes, and keep switching them out.

That's what he needs, at least 5 good guys who can switch out for every round of training so they are always fresh and always pushing him.

jds was tired at the end of round 1.

absolutely
he broke down after the 1st pressure
and when he brakes physically he also breaks mentally
thats jds problem

we should also note that cain recovers pretty fast in between the rounds
he gasses also, but recovers faster than others
maybe cuz hes not that muscle packed like jds
jds is just too big nowdays

I can agree with that. He also has some fight IQ issues, IMO. It seemed like after the first round he wanted to pace himself by not really attempting to force himself out of the clinch, but didn't know exactly when to fight back and eventually hung back so long that he was just getting nailed with punches and controlled until he was tired. He still keeps his hands low, rarely threw solid combinations (he tagged Cain clean with the few combos he threw), and he barely used footwork.

I hope he can make it back to the title, but damn I'm afraid he's going to get knocked off by another HW.

True. He isn't exploding out of Cain's take down attempts. He's playing Cain's game. I guess that is what happens when you train with the Nogueira brothers.

He was tired because he is a normal human.

Fighting for 5 minutes is fucking stupid. it's fucking stupid. that is why there are so many champs who fight smart. 5 minutes of actually fighting will gas ANYONE. It is so rare to have a person, even in the UFC, who can FIGHT for 5 minutes straight. That is why Cain is such a beast.

Fighting is not training, JDS trained fine. Cain has a god given gift to be able to exert pressure for 5 minutes straight at nearly 100%. No one can do that at that weight.

He was tired because he is a normal human.

Fighting for 5 minutes is fucking stupid. it's fucking stupid. that is why there are so many champs who fight smart. 5 minutes of actually fighting will gas ANYONE. It is so rare to have a person, even in the UFC, who can FIGHT for 5 minutes straight. That is why Cain is such a beast.

Fighting is not training, JDS trained fine. Cain has a god given gift to be able to exert pressure for 5 minutes straight at nearly 100%. No one can do that at that weight.

His heart rate.

I just tweeted the sports science segment to Rogan. He said last night that he wants to see that done on Cain's cardio, and it was done before.

Something about his heart, bla bla bla, doesnt let him get tired.

JDS's cardio sucks. What about his other fights? He controlled the tempo to his pace in those fights. When he's forced to pick up the pace, he tires out. Look at the fight in the 1st. After 40 seconds, he's noticeably slower. He's in a camp where he can do no wrong. Everyone probably agree's with him. He gets tired and thinks he is over training when in reality, I am guessing that he's not training hard enough.

Well training with that bear Cormier everyday must have it's advantages. Cormier is a strong dude, good wrestling and pretty quick hands too. An elite athlete.

Exactly. Junior sticks in his comfort zone. This is why he can't beat Cain. Cain is the aggressor, which junior is used to, and junior doesn't know what to do then. His coaches don't take him out of his comfort zone, his training partners don't either, the only thing that did was Cain, but he couldn't learn from it. He needs a huge switch, something fresh and new. He needs to start learning, because Cain is constantly learning and therefore improving.

absolutely
he broke down after the 1st pressure
and when he brakes physically he also breaks mentally
thats jds problem

we should also note that cain recovers pretty fast in between the rounds
he gasses also, but recovers faster than others
maybe cuz hes not that muscle packed like jds
jds is just too big nowdays

Double fail
1 junior did not "break mentally" at all in either of cains beatings
2 junior has been the same exact weight since joining the UFC. I'd say he was more jacked back in the day if you look at the pics. He hasnt bulked up at all. 240 -241 is what he came into almost every single fight he's had in the octagon

He needs to get a hold of Liddell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back