The Pride of Ireland to rematch the Mexican American?

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Frampton will now honor a rematch clause and face Santa Cruz for a second time this coming fall. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/frampton...-sky-tv-hype-job--107729#sthash.hpyIIACy.dpuf

Will the rematch live up to the first fight ?
Can Santa Cruz make the adjustments to win? Are we seeing a potential rubber match in the works ?

I for one would love to see this rematch but I don't think the last fight was that close.

I hope it happens across the pond

I did not think the first fight was that close either, at least not by score. It was a great fight and the rounds were close, but Frampton clearly won 7 or 8 rounds. I would expect him to win a rematch 7-5 or 8-4.

Santa Cruz is gonna demolish him this time

Santa Cruz is gonna demolish him this time

By changing what? To me, it looked like Feampton had more options than Santa Cruz. I could see Frampton making it an easier fight by boxing more, but I can't see Santa Cruz changing much.

By changing what? To me, it looked like Feampton had more options than Santa Cruz. I could see Frampton making it an easier fight by boxing more, but I can't see Santa Cruz changing much.
I feel like he underestimated Frampton just like everybody else, and plus the fight could've went either way.

I thought the scoring was horrible and that it should have been a draw.

A rematch is needed.

I feel like he underestimated Frampton just like everybody else, and plus the fight could've went either way.
I thought it was close too but I don't think there is any reason to believe Santa Cruz underestimated him. He just fought a guy who had a skill set he had problems with. Volume punchers often have issues with guys with decent timing and counter punching skills.

eh, it was pretty close. I thought 117-111 was a ridiculous score.

I was rooting for, and expecting LSC to win. But I just thought Frampton was the more accurate puncher and seemed to dictate the fight more. He seemed in control to me, like it was his fight straight through.

Both still ducking Rgo, brah.
041313-rigondeaux-win-580.jpg
31FEC0C900000578-3482401-image-a-2_1457454330430.jpg

guillermo_rigondeaux_the_way_of_the_jackal-2.gif
rocking_back_and_forth.0.gif

rigondeaux_shoeshine.0.gif

The perception that the fight was some close ultra dramatic affair (even if it was in actuality a fantastic fight) has paid off for both Frampton and LSC in that it gives them legitimate cause to "Do it again!" instead of either taking the fight with Rigo who'd still likely defeat both men on the same night. I really don't think waiting for Rigo to get old is going to work in the end, too well honed, too much ability to take his opponents tools from them. I still like him very much to beat anyone at (or around) his weight.

Santa Cruz made a few mistakes.
1. Did not go to the body much dispite long close quarters exchanges.
2. Kept trying to hook with a better hooker. It was the jab and long streight right that are his tickets in this match up.

I was rooting for, and expecting LSC to win. But I just thought Frampton was the more accurate puncher and seemed to dictate the fight more. He seemed in control to me, like it was his fight straight through.
I had Frampton winning 115/113 but I think there are a lot of judges who would have favored LSC's work rate in that one. I also noticed that a lot of us were seeing rounds different from each other and ending up with similar scores after 12.

Back