The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just benched a new best of 106kg (234lbs) for 3 sets of 1 today.
Felt i could do more which is a good sign.
Still got a long way before i get in the 300's though!

Just so I didn't piss carnal off I went to the gym and maxed over the weekend. Here is what I cam up with.

Weight: 165

Bench: 295 (saturday)
DL: 345 (saturday)
Squat: 315 (sunday)

I have a bench comp coming up in 3 months which I should dominate. I missed the last comp due to an injury. I'm hoping to be benching 315 (hoping-no shirt) by the time the comp comes rolling around. Great idea for a thread Carnal!!

doing more work for your lagging DL and squat will benefit your bench too ncozzolino...good bench for being one of us small guys :)

Yeah my DL and squat are lagging....not to make excuses but I have bad knees and scoliosis (spelling?). I'm not even supposed to be doing squats and DL but what is a workout with them. Don't give me too much grief about doing what I'm not supposed to be.

Thanks for the complement jarv im 6'5 and about 120kg. I always used to squat when I started lifting but then I went through a growth spurt and just could'nt get down there anymore and it started to hurt my lower back. I know im going to get some grief for saying this but I can Hack squat 540lbs, I know its not the same as squatting but my legs keep getting bigger and stronger so it will do for now.

do your flexibility correctly and you'll be able to squat again.

Plus..you're inhumanly big :) I take it you focus on a career aside the likes of Shilt, Sapp, Nortje and Hunt.....?
No wonder you're strong, don't forget explosivity. At you height it's an enormous advantage. Suppleness too is great if you big.

Yeh I guess your right mate I just havn't squatted in ages. I havn't realy done any low rep stuff in a while but I was experimenting last night after my benching and managed 310lbs on the incline so hopefully I'l be posting a new PR in a couple of weeks!

grrr...I don't like you, you're too strong ;)

I need to bench harder.....

I did a 300 lb triple on arched back good mornings last week. This week I switched to rounded back good mornings using the safety squat bar. I set the pins so that I have to bend forward until my face is about knee level, rest the bar on the pins, then fire up out it. I did 3 sets of 8 at 135. I'm going to work up slowly on the round back lifting for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah. 465 on the trap bar deadlift.

I weigh 185 for reference.

Brian

i did 650 on leg press about an hour ago. now if only i could do something close to that on squats :D

last week 125lb dumbell presses for sets of 5, slight incline.
Dumbell shoulder press 100lb for sets of 5 and 4.
Next week I'll start doing bar again, don't want to have to buy new dumbells.
Oh yeah 6'2" 300lbs. Was up to 310, lost 20, gained back 10. I'll start cutting again after the weekend. Hopefully I can stick to it for more then two weeks this time.

Great workout tonight used the smith machine (yeh I know some of you dont like them) for incline benches and worked up to 340lbs a new PR! Cant wait to go back to flat benching in a couple of weeks and see what I can get.

My raw pb's are 425 squat 345 bench 480 deadlift @230 ( I`m a bloated 230, I should weigh 205)...

I justed started doing squats this year, I hope to hit 500 by the end of the year..

Well I think I understand it. My lifts are PR's. Never done that weight before now. Two nights ago benched 315. That's a PR as well and I followed it up with some 125lb dumbwll press's for better reps then last week. Also that's the first time I benched besides close grips in over a year. Hooyah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back