The PR Thread V

Jester

Don't rope swing over a dirty river
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The old one hit 1000 posts so looks like time for a new one.

Only new PRs allowed and no projected 1RMs needed.

Muscle snatch 100kgx1

last pr attempts from this past week and today (the deadlift) until november at the meet
20 pounds on squat, which is an iffy squat, and 10 pounds on deadlift

47 pound PR.

EDIT: sorry for smiling at the camera, like a tool. For a second, I forgot I'm a pussy, with a deadlift to match.

Last edited:
If you're going to pull sumo, you need to get your hips way, way closer to the bar.

Upper body isn't tight enough on the squat. Your elbows are moving all over the place. The bar shouldn't just be sitting on your back, you should be pulling it down as hard as you can and trying to break the bar over your back. This will keep your lats tight, and everything locked in place.

The last 425 rep would get red lighted at a meet, as the bar dips down.

Clean and jerk 130 kg.

If you're going to pull sumo, you need to get your hips way, way closer to the bar.

Upper body isn't tight enough on the squat. Your elbows are moving all over the place. The bar shouldn't just be sitting on your back, you should be pulling it down as hard as you can and trying to break the bar over your back. This will keep your lats tight, and everything locked in place.

The last 425 rep would get red lighted at a meet, as the bar dips down.
I don't follow on the second rep, unless you mean as I came up?

I could probably stand to hold the bottom longer on my pulls. Perhaps the legs are too weak and the lower back is taking over the lift? Or is that unrelated

It squatted 345x5 today. It's a small rep PR, but I'm pumped because its the first PR I've hit in months.

No. You're over thinking what I'm saying. You need to open up your groin and physically bring your hips closer to the bar before you start pulling up. Your lower back is taking over, I guess, but as a result of your hips being too far away from the bar.

Sumo is super technical. It's not like you just decide to put your legs outside your hands and away you go. There are a lot more subtleties than with conventional.

220 ohp in what can only be described as the slowest rep in history

Well, I gotta get on the first page of this! 335x5 rep PR

I feel like the depth was borderline, but I'm happy with it. You fellas think I woulda gotten the white light?

Frustrating day missing 150 behind too many times and pushing a 186 jerk out in front, so I put 202 kg on the bar and cleaned it. That makes a 9 kg PR clean. I also can't remember the last time I actually front squatted 200. I missed it twice on Wednesday.

Meet is cancelled in November
Looking at January
Anything else I should add in?

200kg Squat +15kg PR

135kg Bench +2.5kg PR

230kg Sumo Deadlift +10kg PR

hit a 225lbs x3 clean PR today. Felt pretty good :D

Disappointed in the lack of striation throughout.

Good work dough, bruv

265lb back squats, 5 reps. Tried it again today after I managed to do it on Tuesday, couldn't even do one rep for some reason.

Disappointed in the lack of striation throughout.

Good work dough, bruv

I'm allowing myself to get fluffy.. at least that's what I tell my misses, when she says "get off me you're too heavy!"

This month marks the month of PRs for me. Rep PRs will be made almost every day. So far this week, I have:

Floor press w/ slingshot: 295x6 (prev. 295x3)
Wrapless squat: 365x8 (prev. 365x5)

More to come.

355 training bench pr, meaning keeping speed with no grinding. May have had a couple pounds left but 5 pounds is 5 pounds. Good stopping point. Did 2 singles at 355 and then 405x2 3 board

Frustrating day missing 150 behind too many times and pushing a 186 jerk out in front, so I put 202 kg on the bar and cleaned it. That makes a 9 kg PR clean. I also can't remember the last time I actually front squatted 200. I missed it twice on Wednesday.

Fack!
Nice going Jake!

Hit a 405lb Squat on 3/11, a +20lb PR

On 3/14 pulled 485lb x2 Sumo style, +10lb PR over my previous 1 rep max.

185x1 Military. I guess its a PR since I've never maxed it before.

Brb, disregarding usual proper form.

[YT]eVt8nOJFA2U[/YT]

520 deadlift nice and smooth, but didn't get my hips close enough to the bar. Was going to do it again to clean it up, but tore the shit out of my callus. Threw wrist wraps on and tried to finish with some rack pulls but even those didn't feel right. Still, 5 pound jump (could have gotten a little more).

here it is

65kg OHP. I'll edit this post with the video once it's up.

AND HERE WE GO:

Last edited:
I know I posted yesterday, but I'm posting again today. 150kg back squat. First time over 2xBW in a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back