The Powerlifting Thread

@ASUThermo have you had a chance to use the kabuki deadlift bar yet? A good amount more flex than the ohio or texas deadlift bar. Uspa meets will be using kabuki bars this year.

Not yet, gotta try to get on it one of these days.

If anyone interested in seeing this old bag of Sherdog shit lift at IPF World Masters, here is some information. I don't have any blurry pictures of cheap copy paper, but I do have a link and some specifics.

Saturday October 15th, 1:30pm Eastern (3:00 Newfoundland Daylight Time)

Good Lift Live - this link should get you there, should be live a little before 1:30 on the 15th.

For those with that work from home or office life, one of my lifters will be competing on the 12th at 1:00pm Eastern in the female classic division, that morning will feature some very good lifters including Kimberly Wofford, LS McClain and Layne Norton, all former IPF Raw Open world champions or medalists. Those sessions will be accessible through the same link.

Complete Schedule

Nominations List

Lucky for me about half the guys in my weight class have backed out or are competing at Open Worlds in 5 weeks, so I have a pretty good shot at gold or silver.
Some friends, big IPF names and me below.

Linette Bogdan - Oct 12th, 1:00 Eastern
Wilson Martinez - Oct 14th - Oct 14th, 2:30 Eastern
Ryan Donnelly & Steve Mann - Oct 15th, 1:30 Eastern

If anyone interested in seeing this old bag of Sherdog shit lift at IPF World Masters, here is some information. I don't have any blurry pictures of cheap copy paper, but I do have a link and some specifics.

Good Lift Live - this link should get you there, should be live a little before 1:30 on the 15th.

For those with that work from home or office life, one of my lifters will be competing on the 12th at 1:00pm Eastern in the female classic division, that morning will feature some very good lifters including Kimberly Wofford, LS McClain and Layne Norton, all former IPF Raw Open world champions or medalists. Those sessions will be accessible through the same link.

Complete Schedule

Nominations List

Lucky for me about half the guys in my weight class have backed out or are competing at Open Worlds in 5 weeks, so I have a pretty good shot at gold or silver.

Best of luck.

Stopped powerlifting to focus on cardio but remained fat and got weak instead

<DCrying>
I can't believe this. You were always so disciplined and consistent with your lifting. I thought that would carry over to everything else you pursued.

I can't believe this. You were always so disciplined and consistent with your lifting. I thought that would carry over to everything else you pursued.
Hey I ran Sheiko for quite a while. I just started too heavy and burned out. I am very consistent with eating shit foods and sitting on the couch however

you go first......

I know you weren't talking to me, but the Somerset Patriots won their league championship even after Volpe got called up. Was at the game mid-summer when a Volpe walk-off HR won them the first half championship. I also coached my son's little league team to a respectable over .500 record including a huge come from behind win over the other in-town team where my son got the win on the mound, tied the game with a 2-run double, and then scored the winning run. You better believe we went out for steak that night.

I don't have any powerlifting updates, though, because I'm weak. Slightly less weak than the start of the year, but still ...

I know you weren't talking to me, but the Somerset Patriots won their league championship even after Volpe got called up. Was at the game mid-summer when a Volpe walk-off HR won them the first half championship. I also coached my son's little league team to a respectable over .500 record including a huge come from behind win over the other in-town team where my son got the win on the mound, tied the game with a 2-run double, and then scored the winning run. You better believe we went out for steak that night.

I don't have any powerlifting updates, though, because I'm weak. Slightly less weak than the start of the year, but still ...

I was a disappointment this year, only went to one Patriots game. Did manage to see Oswaldo hit a homer at the lone Rail Riders game I went to though.

Stopped powerlifting to focus on cardio but remained fat and got weak instead

<DCrying>
Yikes, that seems terrible! Did you sell all your gym equipment? From what I remember it seemed like you had a pretty convenient setup at home.

Yikes, that seems terrible! Did you sell all your gym equipment? From what I remember it seemed like you had a pretty convenient setup at home.
Nope, been getting back after it. Was barely benching 275 a month ago and did 3x3 with 315 yesterday. Hitting the SSB squat on lower days. Also hitting jits twice a week.

Complete Schedule

Nominations List

Good luck man. If I I have time I'll try and watch some of the live streaming.

Nope, been getting back after it. Was barely benching 275 a month ago and did 3x3 with 315 yesterday. Hitting the SSB squat on lower days. Also hitting jits twice a week.
Gotcha. And the BW is down to a healthier range now?

Back