The power of momentum vs the psychology of a loss

Bringin'TheHeat

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about how everyone on the forums seems split on JDS vs Cain (either Cain was injured and will now destroy JDS or JDS is simply the best HW on Earth and the second fight will end the same). I'm here to say that since each fight JDS has had in the UFC his confidence has gone higher and higher (which I believe makes him the favourite here) and Cain's hype train was badly derailed, leading him to become more nutty and awkward than he already was. I think JDS confidence vs Cain's desperate need to avenge his loss (which I think will lead to mistakes and getting knocked out) will be the real story. What do you guys think? Use examples of similar situations where confidence lead to wins and losses lead to more losses.

yeah like i said in the other thread, some really see it as they think it be but it ain't be it is like it really is.

im telling you

Yeah you've hit the nail on the head TS. A lot of people took a diarrhoea over this fight when it was announced "boring rematch" etc. etc. but I can't wait for it now. There's an interesting backstory.

I'm starting to think Cain's determination is going to get him through. I think he was undefeated and overconfident against JDS. We saw the old Cain come back against Silva, awesome takedown and absolutely brutal GNP. It's gonna be interesting to see if Cain can get JDS down and keep him there. Really looking forward to this fight.

The only parralel I can draw on this off my head is the obvious GSP-Serra saga

expecto patronum

Youngstar, I'm not singling you out by this but am asking because I just (2days ago) seen it on wiki.

Any reason you spelled diarrhea with an o between the h and e? The reason I ask is, I noted it approx 6x on wiki. I was looking up viral gastro and seen it.

I don't know which is a more powerful motivator. Thinking you're unstoppable or thinking you're coming back from the ashes.

Only one good "came back from the ashes" story I can think of is GSP, and he did it twice. I don't even like gsp but fact still remains he lost to Hughes, went on a tear and beat Hughes. Lost to Serra, and beat him handily. Well actually three times, came back from the knee.

Look at faber, he ain't done shit worthy of talking about.
Mir, I really, really like Mir and the closest he got was an interim belt.
Nog, he got his clock cleaned and his arm snapped.
Then again, Brock beat Mir in the 2nd fight.

Rich Franklin got his face smashed 2x against silva.

I don't know, I think history favors the winner, but as with most things I'm probably wrong.

Any reason you spelled diarrhea with an o between the h and e? The reason I ask is, I noted it approx 6x on wiki. I was looking up viral gastro and seen it.

That's just always the way I thought it was spelled. Where are you from? Maybe it's an English-American thing?

I am from England and I am English and I love Harry Potter, so I don't know maybe it's just the way we spell it here?

Ive been thinking about how everyone on the forums seems split on JDS vs Cain (either Cain was injured and will now destroy JDS or JDS is simply the best HW on Earth and the second fight will end the same). I'm here to say that since each fight JDS has had in the UFC his confidence has gone higher and higher (which I believe makes him the favourite here) and Cain's hype train was badly derailed, leading him to become more nutty and awkward than he already was. I think JDS confidence vs Cain's desperate need to avenge his loss (which I think will lead to mistakes and getting knocked out) will be the real story. What do you guys think? Use examples of similar situations where confidence lead to wins and losses lead to more losses.

injured , JDS was injured to, he had no knee

Back