Social The Politics of Super Bowl Commercials

PETA?

People who Eat and Torture Animals?

Everyone who’s cool with this should hug a beehive. I want to see you show love and affection for bees.

Peta isnt' even liked by "the left". My sister is a Pansexual Vegetarian who lives in LA and has all rescue pets..... and can't stand them.

Fox blocked some bs anti-abortion crap last year. They don't want to show off the fringe pretty consistently.

PETA?

People who Eat and Torture Animals?

................ why would you add the "who" when it ruins your acronym? Just "People Eat and Torture Animals".... done. Easy.

Ecologically, it’s better to kill humans than to kill insects. Especially bees.

Well, don't talk about it, bee about it.

{<Scared}

The machine does it 10 times quicker.

It's all good though, Trump said the jobs'll come back, and in the meantime he's giving everyone fat checks.
This is not a thread about Trump. You are displaying signs of TDS.

Leave the bees alone. We need them.

Kill all hornets and wasps instead.

This isn't new, their ads get rejected EVERY year. They do it as a publicity stunt, all while hiding the fact they run massive kill factories because they would rather see animals dead than as pets.

Fuck PETA, and fuck people that support them.

I'm just offended that all commercials aren't 15 seconds long, like on YouTube now.

I look forward to the many 90 second long commercials during the Superbowl, where we don't even know what they are selling. Money well spent I'm sure.

Hard to imagine how anyone could possibly find that objectionable. And yet here we are.

factory farming, and our love for meat are contributing to the destruction of this planet, clear cutting of wetlands, rain forests.

Eating less meat, especially cows and pigs would be an overall good for this planet.

I'm not saying go full vegan or vegetarian, but massing lands for livestock is detrimental to this planet.

I believe we should be eating less meat for our health and for the environment but PETA just goes too far , in many ways they hurt their own cause and just polarize people even more

People are going full potato with some of this shit, but a lot of animals are being subjected to torturous and inhumane conditions and something should be done about it.

Any chance we will see a Mike Bloomberg political ad tomorrow?

PETA tried to buy commercial time to air the commercial below during the Super Bowl and Fox has refused. The commercial is both a nod to Colin Kaepernick and a call to end "specism." The message is to extend protections that humans have to other species. So, my question is, does this mean it will be illegal to kill bees and other insects (among so many other types of life). Would that then equate to murder? How does a society function like that?

https://www.themix.net/2020/01/fox-refuses-air-peta-colin-kaepernick-ad-super-bowl/

It's OBVIOUS why the Commercial was refused 'cause it brought back the KNEELING garbage which isn't something that's needed during SuperBowl Weekend.

Last edited:
If they would have left out the stupid AF kneeling, and just had the animals living their lives (animals aren't political, PETA) then they would have had a decent /passable commercial.

Exactly.

Without the Kneeling, I would've been fine with it and so would the Network.

Back