Social The Politics of Super Bowl Commercials

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PETA tried to buy commercial time to air the commercial below during the Super Bowl and Fox has refused. The commercial is both a nod to Colin Kaepernick and a call to end "specism." The message is to extend protections that humans have to other species. So, my question is, does this mean it will be illegal to kill bees and other insects (among so many other types of life). Would that then equate to murder? How does a society function like that?

https://www.themix.net/2020/01/fox-refuses-air-peta-colin-kaepernick-ad-super-bowl/

Last edited:
"Colin Kaepernick inspired"?? So, a racist attention whore whose "virtue" disappeared at the first glimpse of dollar signs inspired this to be made? I'll skip.

"Colin Kaepernick inspired"?? So, a racist attention whore whose "virtue" disappeared at the first glimpse of dollar signs inspired this to be made? I'll skip.
The good news is that the NFL blocked it and will not allow it to air. They had the nuts to not do something the extreme left told them to do.

Good. The last I had read they were going to air the ColinCancerPrick ad...glad that's been scrapped.

So, my question is, does this mean it will be illegal to kill bees and other insects (among so many other types of life). Would that then equate to murder? How does a function society like that?

Sounds like a Jain's heaven on Earth. Not saying this would be even a decent idea, but if you're gonna let religious freaks run your nation, these are much better freaks to work with.

Sounds like a Jain's heaven on Earth. Not saying this would be even a decent idea, but if you're gonna let religious freaks run your nation, these are much better freaks to work with.
How so? You think killing a bee should be a crime? That sounds like tyranny to me, bud. No one is forcing you to go to church.

How so? You think killing a bee should be a crime? That sounds like tyranny to me, bud. No one is forcing you to go to church.

I think with the declining population bees should protected, and you should be fined for killing em in mass.

But I am a conservationist, cuz that's what we're supposed to do. Take care of the land.

If they would have left out the stupid AF kneeling, and just had the animals living their lives (animals aren't political, PETA) then they would have had a decent /passable commercial.

If they would have left out the stupid AF kneeling, and just had the animals living their lives (animals aren't political, PETA) then they would have had a decent /passable commercial.

Tell that to the farmers getting bailouts............

cupernikick or not, fuck peta. good on fox

LOL, please with the "isms"
"Specieism" really?
give us a fucking break with this shit.

reminds me of a street market in Berkeley years ago where vegans were flaunting green foods including bean sprouts.
I leaned in toward the tray of them held by a proper hippie and then recoiled saying, "Can't you hear them screaming?"
We don't want to be eaten!
Idiot put his ear to the sprouts.

Its fox's show, they dont have to sell advertising space to anyone they dont want to

Ecologically, it’s better to kill humans than to kill insects. Especially bees.

Back