The Pink Goof at it again

Stop being pussies and form a union already. Like every other professional sport.

When I saw that Dana said that, I just had to laugh. He's so full of crap, his eyes are brown. I mean what he's saying makes sense. It's just completely contrary to what his actions have been in the past. He allowed GSP to come out of retirement to fight Bisping for MW title. He tried to put together Lesnar vs Cormier for the HW title even allowing Brock to come into the octagon to have a face off. He let conman come back after 2 years off and get an immediate shot vs Khabib. There are many examples of him doing the exact opposite of what he claimed about Cejudo. The real difference is that Cejudo is no star and has no drawing power. If he did then it would a different story.

Just trying to be the reasonable head of the side, which means no sides.

Dana has been in the front of this business for a long time now. It’s a fucked up business dealing with everything from the fighters, the pay, the fans, the managers the media, everything in between and on front. Give the guy some room. We can watch MMA.

Dana is inconsistent and completely self-interested...but in this case, he is 100% on the mark.

Cejudo is *delusional* in believing he deserves an immediate shot at Volk and this part is particularly hilarious:

"I deserved it. It’s not like a GSP situation where I’m gonna win and then jet out. It’s different for me because I want to go in there, I want to defend all of my belts and see how far I can take my body."
https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/1/...xander-volkanovski-cejudo-responds-ufc-scared

LMAOO @ this utter nonsense coming from a guy who defended each belt ONCE and then threw them both away. That he even tries to compare his situation to GSP is pure comedy. GSP ruled his division for years, racked up many defenses, and is a draw. Cejudo is none of those things.
And then GSP dumped the belt immediately

Henry looking for a nice payday and fight that he isn’t suppose win. A no lose situation. Ain’t happen after he quit with the belt after 1 title defense

Cejudo could make history though by winning the 145 title. Dana won’t let him, which is unfortunate as there’s never been a three division ufc champ before and Cejudo is likely the only fighter who has a chance at it unless Conor somehow wins the 170 title.
Call me crazy but I wanna see Volk try and become 3x champ. BW, FW, LW.

But I hate how it would clog the divisions

Cejudo “beat him” in the rematch, but watching him get finished in like fifteen seconds from clinch knees completely ruined him in my eyes. I’ll never unsee it

I might be in favor of Triple Cringe vs Yan, but that's about it.

The whole retire unretire shtick in MMA is getting old. I pretty much agree with the goof.

the closest relatives to pigs are pink humans

look into it

D0_VPa.gif

I guess it takes over 20 years for some people to understand that dana runs a business and money is all that matters to him everything else is just noise out of that fat mouth of his

"You’ve got these guys that are in here doing it three times a year and working their way up. For Cejudo to retire and then just think he should be able to come in and jump into any weight division and take on the champion, it’s not how it works.”

It amazes me that no one dares to call him out on his hypocrisy
LOL

yes of course its a hyopcrisy,but the bottom line is Cejudo should have been smart enough to know,he isnt going to get that extra red panties type treatment as it currently stands

GSP's reaction after hearing that quote (to be fair GSP is a much bigger star then Cejudo. Figuratively and literally)
dd0.png
GSP screwed the UFC. Had GSP fought Whittaker the UFC would be more open to champs coming out of retirement for title fights.

I dunno I think the ufc would profit from having an Olympic gold medalist as their only three division champ. It makes them look like a real sport with Olympic level athletes.

I think we are at the point where there are very few people 'on the fence' about MMA and Henry going from double champ to triple champ is not going to to be some huge benefit the UFC...it's mostly a benefit for Henry.

It might be different if Cejudo was some huge draw...

McGregor comes back gets title shot after losses and injury time off..

Khabib ever decided to come back, Instant title shot in any division he wanted.

jon jones instant title shot at heavy weight.

but not triple C? Not the double champ? Triple C wants to be Triple C-Hampion. Let him!

Back