The Pink Goof at it again

Yeah Dana is full of shit, but Cejudo doesn't deserve a title shot at FW obviously. One of thte most overated fighters in MMA right now.

Just because UFC made a weight division for smaller BW fighters to cut to, doesn't make this guy this amazing double champ. I mean, Cejudo was having a lot of problem making weights too, almost got forced up a weight class. For fuck's sake, Cejudo 'won' the title by beating Marlon and 'defended' the title by beating Cruz who was coming off a FOUR YEAR lay off.

With that said, I think Cejudo could beat Volk. I think it's a great match up for him, and I'd think Cejudo wont have easier time against Moreno or Yan, so why not angle for that fight?

I mean I followed Cejudo since the beginning, so not trying to hate on the guy, but I don't have Cejudo inside top 50 MMA fighters of all time, but this guy just is so entitled based on a little run he had AND just trying to get the fight he doesn't deserve.

With that said also, Dana is obviously full of shit, but it's also true Cejudo doesn't deserve that shot.
You don't have Cejudo in your top fifty but he beats volkanofski?
Nobody in that division has shown anywhere near the heart volk did in his last fight. He's a highly skilled, highly motivated monster.
Cejudo would be an appetiser.

That's the tragedy of Cejudo isn't it? He's actually really good and puts on good fights. Dude didn't need to sell himself the way someone like Colby did. He really out cringed himself. Like a movie trying to be so bad it's good, but just ends up being all out bad.
Absolutely.

GSP's reaction after hearing that quote (to be fair GSP is a much bigger star then Cejudo. Figuratively and literally)
dd0.png
GSP also defended his belt a bunch of times. Henry not so much

"You’ve got these guys that are in here doing it three times a year and working their way up. For Cejudo to retire and then just think he should be able to come in and jump into any weight division and take on the champion, it’s not how it works.”

It amazes me that no one dares to call him out on his hypocrisy

Well sure, Dana lies, it's exactly how it works... if you are a huge draw like McGregor or GSP. Cejudo is nowhere near them. He hoped that people will be dying to see him unretire, but with guys like Yan Cejudo was forgotten fast. His best wins being heavily devalued didn't help either (Moraes on a skid, Dillasnake popped and he drained himself out of this world to make flyweight, DJ left and it's not like it wasn't a coin toss fight who probably should've been a draw, Cruz is whatever win, has some name value, but absolutely undeserved TS for Cruz).

Not saying that Cejudo is not a great and entertaining fighter, quite the contrary. He just played a poor hand with his fake retirement. And I agree with Goof that he doesn't get to jump the line.

P.S. It's not like there aren't cool fights that could get him going fast... Cejudo-Aldo?

Cejudo shot himself in the foot with his early retirement. Casuals forgot about him. He can post "bend the knee / triple C" all he wants, he's not the savor of the month anymore, he thought he could move the needle and go to boxing, he obviously never did. By calling everyone out, from HW's to WMMA champs, he became a joke of himself and now NOBODY takes him seriously. He's a joke.

And lol at Dana, of course he would give him every fights he want if he was named Conor.. in the end it's always about star power and ppv sales, if you sell alot of em, you get free passes. If you don't sell alot of em, you get passed over.

It is a pretty funny take given how Dana has consistently devauled the titles with too many Interim tags, money over merit fights and superfights.

This has worked for other folks, but the folks it worked for where stars and not to be a jerk, but Cejudo isn't anywhere to being a star as those others.

Dana may sound like a hypocrite because he's allowed this before, but he's right. No one should just come in after retirement and call their shots and jump ahead for a title fight in a division they have never even competed in.

"You’ve got these guys that are in here doing it three times a year and working their way up. For Cejudo to retire and then just think he should be able to come in and jump into any weight division and take on the champion, it’s not how it works.”

You are the one who did not noticed that he completed this sentence in his head with "...It's not how it works for someone not as famous as Conor"

I would say that is a great reason for Cejudo to want the opportunity...but it is not a great reason for the UFC to give him the opportunity.

We will now see how honest Cejudo is about coming back for multiple fights and wanting to test himself, if he agrees to fight a top contender.

I dunno I think the ufc would profit from having an Olympic gold medalist as their only three division champ. It makes them look like a real sport with Olympic level athletes.

the dana hate from you dorks is mad boring but i definitely disagree here, cejudo should 100 % be able to come in and challenge for the title at 125 or 135, i feel like he’d have to come back and win one of those belts again first before 145.

Cejudo should have never retired in his prime the way he did. Now he is paying the price for one of his dumbest decisions ever. He could easily call Volk right after beating Cruz but decided to simp for a thot talking about having children and she dumped his ass a few months later

where the lie?

Cejudo could make history though by winning the 145 title. Dana won’t let him, which is unfortunate as there’s never been a three division ufc champ before and Cejudo is likely the only fighter who has a chance at it unless Conor somehow wins the 170 title.

how about henry reeneter the testing pool show the ufc he serious than he can fight the winner

1. He’s a promoter
2. People call him out all the time
3. Who cares?

Volk could ask for Cejudo that would help, but Volk should also make sure if any extra money paid he gets some. Instead Cejudo should offer to fight at KZ show level with a win bonus. I would rather see Cejudo then KZ but think Volk preference priority. Given how quickly GSP re retired, UFightCheap probably not so eager to repeat. CCC is fun and entertaining but much less of a draw than GSP. GSP also arguably had better career wins.

This guy is delusional, even Ali his own manager said hed never let it happen because then it makes him look bad to the company by trying to get people fights they haven’t earned.

Back