1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The Pink Goof at it again

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BlessYourHeart, Jan 14, 2022 at 12:23 PM.

1. BlessYourHeart Orange Belt

"You’ve got these guys that are in here doing it three times a year and working their way up. For Cejudo to retire and then just think he should be able to come in and jump into any weight division and take on the champion, it’s not how it works.”

It amazes me that no one dares to call him out on his hypocrisy

2. Mammothman Gold Belt

"when you can't draw money and attention" he just missed that part at the very end.

3. Get To Da Choppa Black Belt

GSP's reaction after hearing that quote (to be fair GSP is a much bigger star then Cejudo. Figuratively and literally)
    [​IMG]

4. markys00 Silver Belt

Who we talking bout specifically? I'm feeling a thinly veiled someone thread here

pick999 and Bharris4 like this.
  5. Marko Polo In Klopp We Trust

Cejudo?

6. JustOnce Itami Yellow Card

Yeah Dana is full of shit, but Cejudo doesn't deserve a title shot at FW obviously. One of thte most overated fighters in MMA right now.

Just because UFC made a weight division for smaller BW fighters to cut to, doesn't make this guy this amazing double champ. I mean, Cejudo was having a lot of problem making weights too, almost got forced up a weight class. For fuck's sake, Cejudo 'won' the title by beating Marlon and 'defended' the title by beating Cruz who was coming off a FOUR YEAR lay off.

With that said, I think Cejudo could beat Volk. I think it's a great match up for him, and I'd think Cejudo wont have easier time against Moreno or Yan, so why not angle for that fight?

I mean I followed Cejudo since the beginning, so not trying to hate on the guy, but I don't have Cejudo inside top 50 MMA fighters of all time, but this guy just is so entitled based on a little run he had AND just trying to get the fight he doesn't deserve.

With that said also, Dana is obviously full of shit, but it's also true Cejudo doesn't deserve that shot.

7. Only Here for Attachments Bacon Lettuce and Mayo

I’m glad, in this instance. Go home, Henry, no one invited you.

8. humdizzle Brown Belt

if cejudo wins dana has a major headache on his hands. he will not fight at 145 again and try to angle for an oliviera fight.

khabib wanted conor
    bisping wanted to fight GSP
    volk is not interested in cejudo and it doesn't sell.

cejudo does have a path to the title but he needs to fight a contender first.

9. MRT Red Belt

Dana is inconsistent and completely self-interested...but in this case, he is 100% on the mark.

Cejudo is *delusional* in believing he deserves an immediate shot at Volk and this part is particularly hilarious:

"I deserved it. It’s not like a GSP situation where I’m gonna win and then jet out. It’s different for me because I want to go in there, I want to defend all of my belts and see how far I can take my body."
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/1/...xander-volkanovski-cejudo-responds-ufc-scared

LMAOO @ this utter nonsense coming from a guy who defended each belt ONCE and then threw them both away. That he even tries to compare his situation to GSP is pure comedy. GSP ruled his division for years, racked up many defenses, and is a draw. Cejudo is none of those things.

10. aali14 Silver Belt

Crazy that after the sh*t he pulled, Cejudo still insists he gets an IMMEDIATE title shot lmao

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 2:39 PM
    leatherneck and Steve Fox like this.
  11. Pierced7681 Silver Belt

Cejudo could make history though by winning the 145 title. Dana won’t let him, which is unfortunate as there’s never been a three division ufc champ before and Cejudo is likely the only fighter who has a chance at it unless Conor somehow wins the 170 title.

12. HUGHPHUG AL CAPS YO

Of course he can, if they let Izzy go up to LHW after doing fuck all with his own belt

pick999 likes this.
  13. Steve Fox Purple Belt

"The Cheddar" doesn't want anything to do with Cejudo.

14. NewJerseyNick Platinum Werewolf Belt Platinum Member

He may be a hypocrite but in this case I agree with him.

15. HNIC215 Semper Fidelis...

Cejudo definitely doesn't deserve to jump the line... neither does Conor.

16. MRT Red Belt

I would say that is a great reason for Cejudo to want the opportunity...but it is not a great reason for the UFC to give him the opportunity.

We will now see how honest Cejudo is about coming back for multiple fights and wanting to test himself, if he agrees to fight a top contender.

HaulParris and leatherneck like this.
  17. Darbo Black Belt

Cejudo is the best, most successful, most charismatic fighter in his living room.
    He did a few tongue in cheek videos then started liking the smell of his own farts.
    He's a great fighter and i genuinely like watching him but he couldn't move a needle with the help of his six mates and the pretty brunette they all live with.

18. Prologue Brown Belt

Cejudo: Pay me or I quit!
    Uncle Goof:
    [​IMG]
    The Fans:
    <{ByeHomer}>

I don't agree with Uncle Goof often, but he's right this time.

19. PokerandMMA Black Belt

Who's your top 50 mma fighters all time?

20. Prologue Brown Belt

That's the tragedy of Cejudo isn't it? He's actually really good and puts on good fights. Dude didn't need to sell himself the way someone like Colby did. He really out cringed himself. Like a movie trying to be so bad it's good, but just ends up being all out bad.