The "Pillow Fisted" Myth

Half of the world is fat lol
I mean yeah? But that doesn't mean there aren't a ton of healthy adult men at around 150-170. That's actually much more common than someone the size of Reem or Cain.

I mean yeah? But that doesn't mean there aren't a ton of healthy adult men at around 150-170. That's actually much more common than someone the size of Reem or Cain.

150 is tiny for 6'2

150 is tiny for 6'2
On some frames yes, but there's not always a direct correlation between height and weight. Tall skinny people definitely exist. I used to know a guy that was 6'8 and still under 200 pounds.

Conor is a prime example of pillow fisted. His fans exaggerate his power is all.

5deece92-a2f0-4565-a2fd-d1c0ae8e2129-gif.487109

giphy.gif

200w.webp

giphy.webp

100.webp

200w.webp
< - This punch ended the fight, for some reason they cut the gif.

<{1-12}><{1-12}><{1-12}>

200w.webp

<{1-12}><{1-12}><{1-12}>

On some frames yes, but there's not always a direct correlation between height and weight. Tall skinny people definitely exist. I used to know a guy that was 6'8 and still under 200 pounds.

I would look real thin if I dropped below 190, but yeah you have a point.

I would look real thin if I dropped below 190, but yeah you have a point.
I have a lanky frame so I'd guess 160-180 is probably my ideal weight. I hit 145 once in my 20s and looked like fucking Skeletor.

Some guys have not power and doesn't matter how hard they try to punch hard, this is the reality, it's not all about the technique, example, jones is a real pillow fist man, he can't even kd his opponent with 1 punch.

I have a lanky frame so I'd guess 160-180 is probably my ideal weight. I hit 145 once in my 20s and looked like fucking Skeletor.

I was mildly trolling, wasn't meaning to offend anyone on their bodytype.

I sure do feel pillow fisted after 30 minutes on the heavy bag...

lol this dude actually got upset in another thread because someone was shitting on zabit's power, so he made this thread.

21 wins with 18 finishes (1 submission) but he's pillow fisted. Sure pal.
Yup. Lotta people go to sleep after getting those pillows upside the head.

Zabit does obviously have finishing ability but heavy hands isn't really part of that.

I'm 6'1, 180 lbs of muscle. I could probably take 3-5 good punches from Zabit, and I'm not a professional mma fighter. He could probably take me down to the ground quickly and submit me, but that's besides the point. Give me one clean punch on him and it's lights out. If it's a clean counter punch and he rolls against it, good luck waking him up before the morning cartoons tomorrow.

Jeremy Stephens on the other hand... 1 punch would send me flying. Don't see how Zabit pulls this off. He should curse his parents for giving him pillows for fists.
Lol Zabit would knock you TF out man. No disrespect but unless you've got combat sports experience and have taken punches from really good guys it's easy to say you'd be fine but another thing in reality.

Ngannou is the perfect example of pillowfisted

His opponents get so tired of his pillowfisted bullshit that they take a nap.

I'm 6'1, 180 lbs of muscle. I could probably take 3-5 good punches from Zabit, and I'm not a professional mma fighter. He could probably take me down to the ground quickly and submit me, but that's besides the point. Give me one clean punch on him and it's lights out. If it's a clean counter punch and he rolls against it, good luck waking him up before the morning cartoons tomorrow.

180lb of muscle would probably mean you're over 400lb's total weight. Zabit would stroll off and you'd be out of breath trying to catch him.

Jeremy Stephens on the other hand... 1 punch would send me flying. Don't see how Zabit pulls this off. He should curse his parents for giving him pillows for fists.
What relevance are your muscles? Your dumbbell curls don't help you take a punch to the jaw bud.

You get hit in the right spot, a "pillowfisted" guy can knock your ass out. Nick Diaz's and his pillow fists are one of two people to sleep Robbie Lawler.

Back