The "Pillow Fisted" Myth

I honestly believe that.. Before training UFC I did some boxing and even a couple amateur regional matches. Zabit's strength is in his unpredictability, the kick, the elbow, knee, takedown. Narrow it to only boxing and I'd KO him within a round - it's a lot harder to hide from someone who has KO power and knows you have pillow fists.

Obvious troll is obvi....

Look at Mayweather vs. McGregor. He walked him down, knew he had no power behind his shots. Eventually KO'd him.

At least make the effort to have an Avatar if you're going to have a troll account.

At least make the effort to have an Avatar if you're going to have a troll account.

Don't know what you're on about. My posting is not out of the ordinary for this board. If you knew me in real life you'd know I can both take a strong punch and dish one out. I've been punched by way bigger guys than myself and not been KO'd and also KO'd guys just as big or bigger than me. I'm not a pro, but it is what it is. A pillow fisted MMA fighter will get thrashed.

War Stephens.

Don't know what you're on about. My posting is not out of the ordinary for this board. If you knew me in real life you'd know I can both take a strong punch and dish one out. I've been punched by way bigger guys than myself and not been KO'd and also KO'd guys just as big or bigger than me. I'm not a pro, but it is what it is. A pillow fisted MMA fighter will get thrashed.

War Stephens.

Troll obvious is troll.

i have been an MMA fan since 2002.

I would piss my pants in fear if any trained fighter wanted to fist fight me....except Jake Shields (CM Punk doesn't count)

I honestly dont get how he can have such poor body mechanics, having been in the sport so long.

Look at Mayweather vs. McGregor. He walked him down, knew he had no power behind his shots. Eventually KO'd him.
He started to do that when he felt Conor was getting tired

But also because I was calling Adesanya pillow fisted but realized its not that black and white.
Good man!

I'm guilty of it too. Accused Brian Ortega of the same thing, he sent Frankie's dome into orbit a week later lol.

Some fighters are pillow fisted.
Theres fighters that hit softly regardless of technique, fighters that make up for soft punches with precise technique, fighters that hit hard regardless of technique, and then fighters that have ko power regardless of technique but also have excellent technique.

War Stephens.
really? did tito ortiz get trashed a lot when he was on top of the LHW heap? watch his fight with shamrock, Tito in his prime, Shamrock FAR out of it already by that point. Ken had a pretty solid chin but nothing special. Tito teed the fuck OFF on him and he didn't even buckle. Pillowfists if I've ever seen any. Pretty good at not getting thrashed back in the day though.

ah so you ARE just fucking around. if not then please watch this again as you must have been wasted off your fucking ass if you think this is what happened.

in general you can't just throw stats around to prove or disprove someones pillowfistedness. Roy Nelson has less fights and a signifcantly lower finishing rate than Mirko Cro Cop. Would you say he is more pillowfisted than Mirko? I'd say no and I'd even say FUCK no. other factors come into play.

ah so you ARE just fucking around. if not then please watch this again as you must have been wasted off your fucking ass if you think this is what happened.

You're telling me McGregor didn't get walked down?

You're telling me McGregor didn't get walked down?
Clearly you think that's the core of my argument but you also must know this thread has nothing to do with this. So you are picking your spots which is evident from you ignoring my Tito comment but that's fine. It's about the power but you already knew that. Conor has power, Floyd knows this. He rolled with the punches and let Conor have the initiative in the beginning because he knew 2 things. 1) in boxing terms his defense his far superior and 2) if Conor or anyone for that matter gets tired power is irrelevant, mostly.

Only when Floyd KNEW Conor was done for did he start disregarding Conor's main threat which is his power. I still wouldn't call it "walking down" unless you can provide solid proof that it actually happened. Even then my point still stands.

It's a real thing but is very over used. Hell I remember after the Kongo fight people were saying Cain had no power for years. Obviously silly and stupid. But there are guys like say Forrest Griffin that seem to have next to no power. In the Rashad fight He whooped his ass for 2 rounds but Shad just walked thru everything he threw until he managed to land a hard shot.

145 at 6'2 is dying.

For fucksake I was bigger at 14
Not everyone has the same body type as you.

giphy.gif

Back