The "Pillow Fisted" Myth

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
This is one of those terms that gets thrown around and has been part of the Sherscience terminology for a while.

I think its an absurd generalization to make in most cases and its not a fair assessment.

Guys have different striking techniques and styles. A fighter who throws every punch to KO you dead may be labeled as " heavy handed" but that's just because everything they throw is heat.

Some fighters are more systematic and they throw punches to :
- Set other punches up
- Gauge distance
- Create / Read your defensive patterns
- Pick you apart and string together combinations, etc.

If a fighter you think is " pillow fisted" was trying to land a bomb to KO you flush and they landed it clean , you would be asleep.

I myself have been guilty of calling guys pillow fisted before so I just kind of wanted to make/ talk about this observation.

Discuss...

Is this because people called Zabit pillowfisted?

These guys call everyone pillowfisted because they have never been into a fight and took a punch to the face.

You're wrong. Lots of fighters are pillow fisted.

Conor is a prime example of pillow fisted. His fans exaggerate his power is all.

I don't know about pillow fisted but I did once see a former UFC champion who was pillow faced

There are guys who are pillow-fisted but people WAY over exaggerate/over estimate the amount of fighters who are. I agree with that.

This shit needs to stop. To some of you guys every other fighter is fucking pillow fisted. Would love to see you eat a jab from your 13 year old cousin.

bisping, jake shields, cruz, clay guida, tito ortiz

I'm 6'1, 180 lbs of muscle. I could probably take 3-5 good punches from Zabit, and I'm not a professional mma fighter. He could probably take me down to the ground quickly and submit me, but that's besides the point. Give me one clean punch on him and it's lights out. If it's a clean counter punch and he rolls against it, good luck waking him up before the morning cartoons tomorrow.

Jeremy Stephens on the other hand... 1 punch would send me flying. Don't see how Zabit pulls this off. He should curse his parents for giving him pillows for fists.

I'm 6'1, 180 lbs of muscle. I could probably take 3-5 good punches from Zabit, and I'm not a professional mma fighter. He could probably take me down to the ground quickly and submit me, but that's besides the point. Give me one clean punch on him and it's lights out. If it's a clean counter punch and he rolls against it, good luck waking him up before the morning cartoons tomorrow.

Jeremy Stephens on the other hand... 1 punch would send me flying. Don't see how Zabit pulls this off. He should curse his parents for giving him pillows for fists.
Lmao I don't believe.

Bet your account that Stephens beats Zabit.

Back