The perfect summary of my opinion of my party.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by panamaican, Dec 15, 2016.

1. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/o...where-the-right-went-wrong.html?smid=tw-share

As opinion pieces go, it hits all of my biggest concerns. It's the quintessential summary of everything that's gone wrong with conservative media over the last decade or more.

I'm not posting it to change anyone's opinion. One of the takeaways from this piece is how impossible that is in our modern environment. But it is better written than anything I've written on the subject so I think it's worth reading, even if you don't agree with the author.

Strychnine, Higus, bad seed and 16 others like this.
  2. m52nickerson

m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

You can tell that was written from the heart.

PolishHeadlock and Jackie Blue like this.
  3. brothir

brothir Purple Belt

What's the solution?

4. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Conservatives still stand for the same thing, Charlie. Republicans went with a Republican this time.

klnOmega likes this.
  5. ripskater

ripskater Guest

The first thing I disagree with this author is this. Trump is really not a conservative. He's liberal on many issues.

I'd say Cruz was the pure conservative. But I did not like him.

Greoric, vespasian, Gunny and 4 others like this.
  6. JonnyRingo84

JonnyRingo84 Gold Belt

good read ts.

i actually think facebook's attempt to have standards for their "news" posts is a good start. there are potential problems, of course. it will be interpreted as censorship, and if done poorly, thats what it could amount to.

if done well, and true journalistic practices are used to weed out the fake ass click bait that spreads like wildfire, that will do so much imo. people on the left and the right will be more protected from their shit critical thinking skills.

whats truly sad imo, is this issue of "fake news" was only brought up as a major issue AFTER this election. sad!

scoopj, 7437, Tamriel Terror and 3 others like this.
  7. Pale Man In Black

Pale Man In Black Brown Belt

NeverTrumper, eh?
    These esablishment RINOs are the reason for Trump's ascendancy.
    Fuck the GOP, they are just as bad as the Dems. We are governed by a uniparty that takes turns tag-taming the middle class and gets richer in the process.
    Trump represents a shift from the status quo, for better or worse, we shall find out. To old Paleocons like me, I watched my party desert the things that were supposed to be staples of conservatism (like Savage says: language, borders and culture) in favor of globalism, multiculturalism and national suicide.
    I had all but given up on the GOP, voting for Trump was a last hail Mary roll of the dice for me. What happens next, we'll find out.
    Not a knock on you or the post, just my $0.02.

8. ripskater

ripskater Guest

And this is not an attack on you Pan. But based on reading your posts I personally don't classify you as a conservative. If I remember right, I think I've heard you classify yourself as a conservative.

WiolentOne and Burning Hammer like this.
  9. JonnyRingo84

JonnyRingo84 Gold Belt

environmentalists hate him
    progressives hate him
    free traders hate him

aka "liberals"

10. Rex is Puerto Rican.

Rex is Puerto Rican. And a fatass.

Interesting timing and title considering that the right won and is feasting on delicious liberal tears.

11. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I think many of today's liberals have gone off the deep end. They're so far left, that a 90's Bill Clinton would be called a right wing lunatic today.

12. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Well said PMIB

13. NewGuardBjj

NewGuardBjj Guest

I call bs. You are are not and never were a conservative. You're posting this as a liberal spy.

Cmart and Burning Hammer like this.
  14. Pale Man In Black

Pale Man In Black Brown Belt

Thanks, Rip.
    I'm still leery, though. Well see what happens I guess. Either way, it wont effect me personally too much, I'll continue doing the same thing always do. Get up, go to work, take care of my family and shitpost on sherdog on my free time

scoopj and ripskater like this.
  15. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Right on!

Pale Man In Black likes this.
  16. uncommon

uncommon Brown Belt

I guess im not a hardcore conservative because i have some pragmatism in me.

Maybe the strict conservatives are falling under their own hypocrisy by looking for the "perfect" candidate. a "God" so to speek.

Their own belief system is geared around the idea that humans CANT be perfect, therefore governments cant be perfect and must be held to a limited position.

So when i hear the purists calling for " an evil hillary" win in their own words over something they recognize as BETTER, that makes them the sinner in my book.

Where was the claim of purity when entitlements ran up the debt to 19 trillion? where was the claim of purity when constitutional rights were being eroded via patriot or ndaa?

But Trump won, so now we are supposed to call out the lesser conservatives? When this is the best chance of a conservative supreme court?

Get off your high horse "conservatives" Trump won. Get over it.

17. NewGuardBjj

NewGuardBjj Guest

Bra it could shitstorm fast. I think Trump is a major dickhead but I like some of his moves. Still, this thing with Russia and China has me worried

18. Warlord Palis

Warlord Palis Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You and the author are obsolete.

19. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Republicans were never the nativist party that was just something that came up after the southern strategy attracted disenfranchised democrats.

So its quite hilarious from your part to be calling old school republicans to be RINOs.

20. m52nickerson

m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

Yup, facts and logic are obsolete. Well until things get fucked up enough and rational people have to step back up an fix shit...again.

clutchgnp, IBeLurkin, 7437 and 3 others like this.