The people who think coke isn't a PED

I'm sorry... I can not contain myself

Dr_e315a4_1204190.jpg

Huge Jones fan here..
Cocaine IS , and has always been performance enhancing for a pro athlete. It is as effective if not more than roids.

If you don't think it's a PED, you're a massive dork who needs to get their head out of their asses.

lmao please find me a sport which recognizes coke as a PED and not a drug of abuse...ill wait

i also lol'd at more effective than roids....talk about people needing to get their heads out of their asses....

I don't get that either, that's in camp. It seems to me the big named fighters and champs normally get like 5-8 weeks for a training camp. Does anyone know what "in competition" means?
In-Competition Testing is a test where a boxer is selected for testing in connection with a specific competition such as world championships, national tournament, Olympic Games, ... The recognised period for In-Competition Testing begins at midnight the day of the initial draw until midnight the day following the end of the competition for the boxer.

Out-of-Competition Testing - commonly abbreviated OOC - is any doping control which is - logically - not organised during the recognised period of In-Competition Testing. Out-of-Competition Testing can happen anytime and anywhere. It can happen that a boxer is tested by his/her national federation today and tomorrow the International Boxing Association turns up for another test.

http://www.aiba.org/default.aspx?pId=166

I don't get that either, that's in camp. It seems to me the big named fighters and champs normally get like 5-8 weeks for a training camp. Does anyone know what "in competition" means?

I would assume it extends between the date that the fight was signed, and the date that the fight happens.

Cocaine is definitely performance enhancing. I used to snort caine before working out because it would allow me to workout more intensely.

It doesn't matter whether he was on caine during the fight or not. Using coke while working out or training is performance enhancing.

Also, Cocaine takes 2 days to clear from your system which means that if he tested positive on December 4th, he was using it during his training camp.

this proves nothing more than you're an absolute moron

Cocaine is definitely performance enhancing. I used to snort caine before working out because it would allow me to workout more intensely.

It doesn't matter whether he was on caine during the fight or not. Using coke while working out or training is performance enhancing.

Also, Cocaine takes 2 days to clear from your system which means that if he tested positive on December 4th, he was using it during his training camp.

Nobody would add coke as part of their training. Especially training 8-12 weeks. It is good for short bursts. Coming down makes you useless. It would be completely counter-productive for training. I guess if during one training session you REALLY wanted to go all out it might help for that one session and then your next 2 would be screwed. But what good would that do someone? And your mind is all over the place and you basically are just exerting energy and not learning anything.

So no, people are grasping at straws if they think this helped him in the fight in any way. if anything, it hurt him since it was out of his system come fight time.

You think that if you snort coke for 1 training session, the crash would make your next 2 training sessions useless? ummm.... maybe you have a different reaction to coke than me but i never crashed that hard unless I went on a 1 or 2 week coke binger and even then I would crash hard for about a day only. I used to snort coke before working out a lot. It would allow me to have a more intense workout than normal and the crash never effected me like you say it would.

this proves nothing more than you're an absolute moron

Yes i was a moron, you are correct. But it was still performance enhancing cause it allowed me to workout more intensely than I could without it.

You think that if you snort coke for 1 training session, the crash would make your next 2 training sessions useless? ummm.... maybe you have a different reaction to coke than me but i never crashed that hard unless I went on a 1 or 2 week coke binger and even then I would crash hard for about a day only. I used to snort coke before working out a lot. It would allow me to have a more intense workout than normal and the crash never effected me like you say it would.

I call bullshit. It would be totally useless. Coke crash comes almost immediately-it's really only good for cutting weight.

Calls people idiots

Asks for their opinions

In-Competition Testing is a test where a boxer is selected for testing in connection with a specific competition such as world championships, national tournament, Olympic Games, ... The recognised period for In-Competition Testing begins at midnight the day of the initial draw until midnight the day following the end of the competition for the boxer.

Out-of-Competition Testing - commonly abbreviated OOC - is any doping control which is - logically - not organised during the recognised period of In-Competition Testing. Out-of-Competition Testing can happen anytime and anywhere. It can happen that a boxer is tested by his/her national federation today and tomorrow the International Boxing Association turns up for another test.

http://www.aiba.org/default.aspx?pId=166

Thanks.

If it took it before the fight it would speed up his reflexes and give him more stamina for the fight as well as a numbness which would enable him to take more shots. Having said that he probably just used it to party and chat more freely during the press week. That rehab story is complete bs. Coke addicts take a few lines an hour, don't think Jones is on that.
This. The rehab is just an attempt to portray himself as a sympathetic lost soul rather than a party boy.
And I know everyone in here has a phd and all, but can someone actually cite a good source explaining the effect cocaine would have on someone in and out of the cage and how it might affect their performance? I am curious about this.

I've already seen a few threads saying "wait, coke is OK but weed isn't?" or "Diaz gets suspended for a year for weed and Jones does coke and gets nothing?"

OK I'm not sure if these threads are serious, maybe they're people just playing around, but if they are and for anyone else similarly confused this thread is for you.

First, there's a difference between in competition testing (that is, the drug tests you take immediately after your fight) and out of competition testing (the tests you take in the weeks/months leading up to an announced fight.)

Both coke and weed are banned substances in an in-competition test. Neither coke nor weed is banned in an out of competition test.

Jones tested positive for coke metabolites in an out of competition test. Diaz tested positive for weed metabolites in an in-competition test.

I will note that the weed rules have changed, and the threshold for a positive test is MUCH higher now than it was when Diaz got popped. It's high enough so that you'd have to be high or have just smoked mere hours before your fight to test positive now. Diaz's positive test probably would've come back negative today. It's unfortunate that he and many others were punished for a drug metabolite that didn't have any influence on the fight, but at least that flaw in the rules is fixed. Diaz also got a higher suspension because it was his second offense.

So that's the difference between coke and weed (TL;DR, there basically isn't any) and that's why Diaz got suspended and Jones didn't.

You didn't really list any differences between coke and weed, just explained in- vs out- of competition testing.

The biggest difference between the two is the length of time the metabolites stay in your system. Coke oily s a couple/few days, and pot could be weeks.

Secondly, coming from somewhat extensive personal field testing... Coke Could actually help you do something, not so much with weed. Put makes you slow and lethargic (for the most part) while coke speeds you up and magnifies your focus.

Thirdly, and from a moral point of view, put is slowly becoming decriminalized, if not down right legal... I've seen people get felonies just for having an empty baggie with coke residue on it, let alone the actual drug

Huge Jones fan here..
Cocaine IS , and has always been performance enhancing for a pro athlete. It is as effective if not more than roids.

If you don't think it's a PED, you're a massive dork who needs to get their head out of their asses.

I think you are the massive dork. Instead why don't you provide how doing coke in November when you aren't in competition causes someone to have better results in January.

Was the number one PED in early olympics

I call bullshit. It would be totally useless. Coke crash comes almost immediately-it's really only good for cutting weight.

no bs. if the crash came along that quickly, i would just snort another line or two. Yes, I could see how it would help weight cutting cause it kills your appetite.

I think you are the massive dork. Instead why don't you provide how doing coke in November when you aren't in competition causes someone to have better results in January.

Helped in training? Just playing devils advocate here, but steroids are illegal and not because you shoot them up right before you step into the octagon

no bs. if the crash came along that quickly, i would just snort another line or two. Yes, I could see how it would help weight cutting cause it kills your appetite.

Well I can't talk about anyone else s experiences but my own and what i've seen but when me and my friend would start doing bench on coke our hearts would beat through the god damn roof so we'd usually stop.

I dont like posting about stuff like this but coke really is a PED

But not at the beginning of December for a fight in January. The effects only impact the period where the user is high.

So if you crashed hard for a day = 1 training session ruined

Do you really think the next day (after a day you spent 'crashing hard') you are at 100%? Of course not = 2nd training session where the tradeoff was a negative one

And what would it help anyone for in MMA training? Maybe lifting I could see someone doing it. And it wouldn't provide any long-term benefit for fighting as far as a PED. But it will run your overall health down

Give me two equal athletes where one trains clean and the other trains using coke regularly and I will bet the house on the first guy every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Helped in training? Just playing devils advocate here, but steroids are illegal and not because you shoot them up right before you step into the octagon

So you think coke is a steroid???????

Coke only alters someone's performance during the duration where they are high. And that is why the commission doesn't count it unless it is after the fight.

Back