the past repeats itself for Diego (pic)

bradutterstrom

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last night I couldn't help but notice how much Diego looked like this by the end of the fight:

566022_orig.jpg

I drew that one a couple years ago, not last night...I know there's already a million posts about Diego and about his fight last night, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to show off one of my old drawings which I hope captures Diego's essence as a fighter.

Before the fight last night a buddy and I were talking about how Diego annoyed us both, from the moment we saw him on TUF 1, but how no matter what you can't question his heart and how he fights. The dude is a fighter through and through, and I wish everyone fought like him. When he knows he's down on the cards, he throws it ALL out there going for the win, and I can't help but respect that.

Yeah, some fighters you might not like but definitely have to respect. Not saying about Diego though, I'm Mmm... neutral on him, but respect for putting up a good show yesterday.

Jones is a prime example I guess. You can don't like him, but you have to respect what he is capable of.

EDIT:
Great Drawing.

If you don't respect Diego there is something wrong with you.

But Jesus God did he take a beating last night. His face looked rearranged at the press conference.

nice drawing TS. and yes Diego has taken some serious damage in a bunch of his last fights.
I mean the Bj Penn fight, Ellenberger fight, Melendez fight, and kampman fight I believe he looked completely destroyed.

Diego isn't very good, he's something of a fool, but he's tough as hell and doesn't back down from a fight. Respect.

Past is probably going to repeat itself a lot for Diego later on when brain-trauma-induced dementia overtakes him.

Man he took a fucking LICKING.. Dude is tough as nails

TS you predicted the future with that drawing. What you fail to realize is that you weren't actually drawing what happened to Diego after the BJ fight, instead you were drawing what would happen to Diego against Melendez. Are you a wizard?

Yeah, some fighters you might not like but definitely have to respect. Not saying about Diego though, I'm Mmm... neutral on him, but respect for putting up a good show yesterday.

Jones is a prime example I guess. You can don't like him, but you have to respect what he is capable of.

EDIT:
Great Drawing.

Diego is one guy I rooted for once, and only once. That was against Diaz.
He like Diaz come to fight. I respect that, just not a fan.
And yes, great drawing.

They put on one hell of a fight, those two HAVE to fight again,

Diego is a prime example of a aging fighters striking not keeping up with their chin. In all his past fights he has the predictable one two high kick combo with the flailing arm punches.

Fight in general was a great confidence builder for Gilbert until he got dropped in the third. After that the fight was a complete wash and can be a hindrance for his future.

They put on one hell of a fight, those two HAVE to fight again,
I just don't agree, I Melendez was quite obviously the superior fighter... and I while I respect Diego, I honestly worry about his long-term health. He takes some serious beatings.

i think the bj penn cut was much higher. not the same cut. ive got mad respect for the guy but i was really worried hearing his post fight interview. im actually more interested in his post fight MRI results more than anyone else.

nice drawing. do you draw other fighters too?

Back