The Origin of Conor's Shoulder Strike is not What You Think (Gif Inside)

Cowboy just playing dumb and pretending it's something innovating to the game. It's been done plenty of times and it usually does not rock fighters.

It seemed to me cerrone increased their power by ducking into the first one
He ducked that huge punch from mcgregor and seemed to be prepping a takedown as connor was left leaning almost over cerrone
Then mcgregor gets hips back and cerrone chases , tries to readjust for takedown from clinch but walks into the shoulder

You are right but Cowboy took a dive

In the sense of taking a swan dive to the canvas after getting legitimately mangled then yeah, a dive. Conor looked great last night and Cowboy looked old and shot. Can't decide which moreso at this point but we'll have a better idea after Conor fights Poirier in the summer (wait for it...)

Randy Couture was the first person I saw use it standing.

I think Coleman or Kerr was the first I saw use it on the ground.

In the sense of taking a swan dive to the canvas after getting legitimately mangled then yeah, a dive. Conor looked great last night and Cowboy looked old and shot. Can't decide which moreso at this point but we'll have a better idea after Conor fights Poirier in the summer (wait for it...)
Nobody said diving is easy....Had to make to real to convince some.

In no way do I think Cowboy took a dive, but his fight IQ was horrible. Just ate 4 hard shoulder strikes without doing anything to try to get out of it, it wasn't like Conor had some insane grip on him at that point. That opening sequence was the beginning of the end. Cowboy has historically been a very slow starter, don't know why but this was bad IQ on his part, & great fight IQ on Conor's part

Back