The Order: 1886

I can't even fathom how someone would think posting this would be a good idea.

Because Uncharted 3 was one big cutscene in which you had a limited amount of control on how you moved around the set piece.

xze3aKR.png

So surprisingly enough I actually really like this game alot. I limited my expectations because the low review scores , but I am enjoying the experience regardless .The attention to detail is just unrivaled by anything I have ever played before. It does play quite a bit like Uncharted with less puzzle solving and jumping but the engine feels similar. Maybe more restrictive but I found myself pretty much stopping and wanting to explore everything. It just looks soo amazing , I really feel like I am in that time period and setting. I am about 3 hours in and am still pretty much awestruck with the setting. People compare it to a movie but I would say it is beyond what a movie gives you in terms of content and detail. It is more like if they made a movie based on a book but didn't cut everything and compress all the nuance to fit into an hour and a half if that makes any sense.

I'm only three chapters in and i'm enjoying this game. The gameplay is fun, the shooting is fluid, and the cover system works well. Visually the game in unbelievable. My only complaint is it not being open world. Also took me a little while before I realized the game saves automatically. I was afraid to stop and lose my progress for a while lol.

Glad to read people are enjoying it.

Started last night and am about five hours in today..I like it..my only gripe is the dark levels..very hard for me to see but that could be my eyes showing there age other then that the graphics are something else..very very detailed and immaculate. .like playing an hd movie sometimes! Story is cool but a little tired of the Lycan/monster spin..would like to see more use of tesla gadgets also (they really should have pushed that angle more imo) but I give it a 7/10 so far.

Watched a percentage of Lirik playing this on Twitch. Seems to be a interactive CD similar to the games that were released for Sega CD (clearly polished better).

Realistically i dont know if you can classify this as a video game. Since it appears as though the cutscenes and quicktime events take up the majority of it.

the good

- visuals, sound, voice acting
- atmospheric setting
- active cover works well
- good storytelling
- unique weapons

the bad

- lack of variety in enemies - human bullet dummies
- you don't have to put a cutscene on everything, like climbing a ladder. too much.
- there's no dialogue and/or cool stuff to find in out-of-combat "exploration"
- game follows a predicable pattern, stealth sections excluded

I'd compare this to Ryse, where production's done better than gameplay, though this beats Ryse in both of those. It's the opposite of The Last of Us, which this game copies, where gameplay is enhanced with captivating cutscenes, not the other way around.

Started last night and am about five hours in today..I like it..my only gripe is the dark levels..very hard for me to see but that could be my eyes showing there age other then that the graphics are something else..very very detailed and immaculate. .like playing an hd movie sometimes! Story is cool but a little tired of the Lycan/monster spin..would like to see more use of tesla gadgets also (they really should have pushed that angle more imo) but I give it a 7/10 so far.

Edit:30 min later the game was over:(

Watched a percentage of Lirik playing this on Twitch. Seems to be a interactive CD similar to the games that were released for Sega CD (clearly polished better).

Realistically i dont know if you can classify this as a video game. Since it appears as though the cutscenes and quicktime events take up the majority of it.

I don't agree with this. The amount i've played has been mainly gameplay. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of cutscenes and gte but it definitely feels like i'm playing a video game.

Heavy Rain was pretty much an interactive movie. Order 1886 seems to have taken elements from Uncharted/TLoU but leaned more towards the cinematic side.

I'm up to about chapter 5 (so around 2 hours in maybe?) and I gotta say I'm actually really enjoying the game so far, The special guns are cool (though it sucks that they don't let you use it as long as you want). There are a lot of pauses in the action due to small cutscenes, but I'm honestly fine with it, more often than not its short scenes rather than long ones.

Fighting the Lycans is definitely the best part, I just got done with this section where
You lose your gun and have to go head to head with the Lycan with only your knife

So far I'd give it a 7.5-8/10, its not a masterpiece, but its definitely worth a playthrough imo, most likely a borrow or a rent, mainly due to the lack of replayability. I only payed 20$ for it so its completely worth it for me.

Ok so I just finished the game, not much else to say, but a few closing comments. The story picks up about halfway, starts getting more interesting. Also I take back saying the Lycans are the best part, well at least not the generic ones, they all have the same patterns of attack and offer no variety, really disappointed they didn't have more variety other than the spoiler tag I posted up there which was cool.

Game took me around 8-9ish hours (don't know if there's a counter on the game, but I didn't check, that's an estimation on my part. It's a pretty decent length for such a story driven cinematic game, if you don't like to explore at all, it will likely take you around 6 hours.

Final Verdict: 8/10
If you don't come into it with overblown expectations and take it for what it is without comparing it to other games or following opinions of others before you play the game yourself, then this is a really enjoyable game.

This is the most criminally underrated game I've played in a very, very long time.

Easily an 8.0/10 from me. I enjoyed this far, far more than Undying Light.

I thought the game was pretty good as well, my only complaints are that it is a little short for my liking, and I think it would be better if it was open world. The ending also left a lot to be desired if there isn't going to be a sequel.

It reminds me of a mixture of Last of Us and The Walking Dead (Telltales).

Anyone else having trouble with the subtitles in this game? My room is set up so I sit a fairly decent distance from the television and the subtitles are absolutely tiny and borderline unreadable for me. I've searched the menus and I don't see the option to enlarge them; I just left them off for a bit but one of the characters started speaking French out of nowhere and without translation so subtitles are a must.

B87wvow.jpg

[Yt]9bJtnbRhSMs[/MEDIA]

Interesting video blog that defends Order's game length.

Though he said he played through MGS1 in one night.... WTF? Who else did that?

Anyway, does Order have any replayablility?

Anyway, does Order have any replayablility?

Some. Almost impossible to find all of the collectibles without a guide the first time around. Same goes for trying to get all of the trophies. Otherwise it's worth replaying here and there for how beautiful the game looks and the rather interesting story.

he said he played through MGS1 in one night.... WTF? Who else did that?

Ugh....The only MGS game I didn't beat in a single sitting was MGS3.

They are extremely short games that could easily be beaten in 2x three hour sit downs.

Back