The only WW I see who could be a tough matchup for Wonderboy

tumerov-wins.png

DamagedEmptyKoodoo.gif

Hes not gonna be a deer in the headlights in long range. He has arguably the cleanest hands in the division. Good defense, good kicks and wrestling is not a way u beat Wonderboy as we have seen now. He outwrestled Jake and completely nullified Hendricks wrestling whos the best wrestler and physically strongest 170er. Wonderboy doesnt have the best clinch and Brown beat him up there even tho he got outstruck badly and nearly KOd from range, but its improved. Tumenov has a good enough clinch to make Wonderboy think about it too.

Rorys overall game and transitions might be the only other WW right now who could give him problems. I dont see Robbie, Woodley, Lombard etc. having much of a shot. Carlos diversity and unorthodox attack could confuse and halt Wonderboy for a while but eventually one of his sniper counterpunches will hurt Carlos and he would finish him IMO

Definitely possible. I only compared WB against the fighters that came to mind and Tumenov didn't but you do have a point there.

He is the best chance I can think of right now, after GSP. I think I'm still picking WB....

i think it's awesome that Wonderboy knocked out Johnny Hendricks but how does that make him better than anyone in the division? Better than Rory and Condit doesn't stand a chance but yet Matt Brown put the stamp on him?

Man, Hype Trains are just popping up everywhere these days.

Back