The only WW I see who could be a tough matchup for Wonderboy

If Woodley gets the next shot I wouldn't mind Stephen Thompson vs. Matt Brown II.

Lol Hendricks attempted 1 takedown dude. I hardly call that shutting his wrestling down.

He nullified him completely couldnt finish the TD and Hendricks could not get into wrestling range again. He couldnt close that distance to wrestle likes hes done to everybody hes fought besides Koscheck

I was very impressed by Tumenov in that Jouban fight. But I'm sure that it was only of the few impressive fights from him so far. He didn't impress against Larkin.

I think Rory may be able to beat him.

The guy who crushed no.1 hottest sex god dime piece in MMA according to Joe Rogan, Bryan Callen, Edgy Brah and Brendan Schaub - Alan Jouban.
In all fairness, you're a homo if you can't admit that's a handsome dude.

Bet you said the same about Hendricks. Wonderboy could knockout anyone in the division, period.

Carlos has a GOAT chin but its bound to crack eventually. It nearly did twice against Robbie. He cant take too many Wonderboy counterpunches.

Lawler hit Condit plenty in that fifth round, and he still didn't go out. In a round where he took enough punishment that would've put almost any WW to sleep, Condit fought his way through it. Wonderboy would not put Condit to sleep, but it would be an excellent fight to see.

Let's talk about WB now & Tumenov now...Forget how wonderboy has looked before. He outwrestled Berger & stuffed Hendricks with ease. Brown will get finished in rd1. He is the same Matt Brown. Wonderboy has shown a great deal of improvement since that fight. It's undeniable.

This all day long. Wonderboy has vastly improved since his UFC debut.

The only striker who has a chance at beating Wonderboy would be Condit, and his chin and clinch work would play a huge part in that. Tumenov hasn't fought a top 10, maybe even top 15 (not sure if Larkin was ranked in that when they matched up). If a SD win over Larkin is his best win to date, I don't think Tumenov is ready for the elite at WW.

The person to beat Wonderboy is the one that could physically abuse and control him. Not let him tee off, to let him find and work his range. Someone that can close the distance quickly, force the clinch on him, put him against the cage or on his back and keep him there.

Rory, Condit, Lawler are tough fights for Thompson. They are three tough well-rounded guys that won't wilt in a war, something that we haven't really seen in Wonderboy. In a longshot, if Maia got the fight to the ground, Wonderboy would be done pretty quickly. It would be hard for Maia to get the fight there in the first place, but if he could, the writing's on the wall for Wonderboy.

You think he wouldn't? Condit wouldn't last in a 5 round fight with Wonderboy.
Ummm....are you sure about that? Dude just went 5 rounds with the Ruthless One. ( alot of people think he won btw )
I cant even think of a reason youd say that.

Matt+Brown+Stephen+Thompson+UFC+145+Jones+xGyHwqE1eKgl.jpg

Although, I agree - Tumenov would be a ridiculously tough fight for Wonderboy.

I agree with your reasoning and conclusions TS.

As others have pointed out, the Larkin fight did show room for improvement as Tumenov took way too many unnecessary low kicks (it was the only reason the fight was close), but otherwise, that guy is the money. I definitely see him as the foil for Wonderboy's karate style: he has the footwork to pin him down and box him up. And defensively speaking, he has the ring eye not to get caught by Wonderboy's long range attacks.

And of course I'm talking right now. But the fact is that Albert is still young and will improve as he cuts his way through the division.

Lol Hendricks attempted 1 takedown dude. I hardly call that shutting his wrestling down.

Machida/Ortiz, Jones/Gustafsson, Holm/Rousey, etc, etc... No disrespect but how many times do fans need to see a fighter use footwork to shut down a wrestler before they understand what is going on?

Well I think someone with good boxing fundamentals and the ability to get inside to dirty box and land combos is the person to beat Thompson. Tumenov might have a decent chance.

Demian would ragdoll Thompson on the ground.
If Brown can do it, im sure damien can.

images

Tumenov is a beast man. I think he'll make his way to a title shot in the next year or so.

I don't think we can declare Wonderboy unbeatable yet. He looks incredible but he hasn't fought someone like Rory and Condit can make it a dog fight like Brown did if he doesn't end up eating a million straight rights first. Brown might match up with Wonderboy better than Condit though.

Lawler is a good style for him tho. If Wonderboy gets that fight next i'm expecting him to be champ.

Wonderboy needs to fight Rory, TWood, or Lawler for the belt. You don't beat on one of the most talented fighters at 170 and finish him by accident. It's already been proven with many pointless immediate re-matches already.

Hendricks v Maia next.

You think he wouldn't? Condit wouldn't last in a 5 round fight with Wonderboy.

He isn't subbing Condit and Condit is probably the last guy i see getting finished with strikes at WW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back