The only way Jones won is if the Championship Rounds are considered more valuable

Regal Boy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
They aren't, though. That is not the official ruleset. Later rounds do not count more than earlier ones, although this actually brings up a good idea.

Later rounds SHOULD be more valuable than earlier ones, in order to have an official way to judge cardio and endurance. Doing well in later rounds should be more valuable than doing well in earlier rounds, both for 3 round fights and 5 round fights.

However, this is not the rules, so Jones only won 2 rounds to Reyes' 3, and lost the fight. Sadly the judges scored it wrong (with one judge not watching and giving Jones 4 rounds!) and so Jones, like GSP, has a "win" on his record for a fight he actually lost, and his GOAT status is forever banned from legitimate conversation on the topic (although some would say the PED stuff already did this to Jones).

Stop crying.
Is this the fucking first time in your life you've seen MMA judging and/or a fighter you dislike win a close or questionable decision?

Sherdog really has been unbearable these days, why the fuck does Jon Jones get this forum to embarass itself.
Where were all these people when Reyes robbed Oezdemir? Throwing bitchfits in 15 threads on the frontpage? I don't think so.

Stop crying. Is this the fucking first time in your life you've seen MMA judging and/or a fighter you dislike win a close or questionable decision?
I'm not crying. It wasn't even close it was clear what happened. Reyes won the first 3 and Jones won the championship rounds. That's a win for Reyes.

I actually care about the sport.

they're not

It was bad judging.

"Never let it go to the judges"

I'm not crying. It wasn't even close it was clear what happened. Reyes won the first 3 and Jones won the championship rounds. That's a win for Reyes.

I actually care about the sport.

So your opinion is objective and any other opinion is false? It was a very close fight and I personally gave Jones 3 rounds despite not being a Jones fan.
Were you complaining this way when Reyes "beat" Oezdemir? Or when Felder "beat" Barboza?

The real reason why you've got sand in your vagina is because it's Jon Jones who won a close / questionable decision. Your problem isn't with judging nor your care for the integrity of the sport. Your problem is with a fighter you dislike winning a shady decision, meanwhile there are 25 other shitty decisions each year where people like you are silent and fucking nowhere to be found.

Sorry but these fucking daily 500 crybaby threads are really getting on my nerve, wtf.

The real reason why you've got sand in your vagina is because it's Jon Jones who won a close / questionable decision. Your problem isn't with judging nor your care for the integrity of the sport. Your problem is with a fighter you dislike winning a shady decision, meanwhile there are 25 other shitty decisions each year where people like you are silent and fucking nowhere to be found.

Sorry but these fucking daily 500 crybaby threads are really getting on my nerve, wtf.
So damn right. This is why I avoided Sherdog until today. I knew there'd SO MUCH bellyaching about that decision.

They aren't, though. That is not the official ruleset. Later rounds do not count more than earlier ones, although this actually brings up a good idea.

Later rounds SHOULD be more valuable than earlier ones, in order to have an official way to judge cardio and endurance. Doing well in later rounds should be more valuable than doing well in earlier rounds, both for 3 round fights and 5 round fights.

However, this is not the rules, so Jones only won 2 rounds to Reyes' 3, and lost the fight. Sadly the judges scored it wrong (with one judge not watching and giving Jones 4 rounds!) and so Jones, like GSP, has a "win" on his record for a fight he actually lost, and his GOAT status is forever banned from legitimate conversation on the topic (although some would say the PED stuff already did this to Jones).
Later rounds being more valuable than earlier rounds is an awful idea. Would encourage fighters to save themselves for the more valuable rounds. Besides, I value how fighters' skills match up when they're fresh just as much if not more than how they match up when they're tired.

Rounds 2 and 3 and 4 were close, and the judges saw more of them for Jones than they did for Reyes. That's why Jones won the decision.

Back