The only way I could see Cyborg losing...

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Everyone knows Cyborg cuts a lot of weight. She might be the biggest weight cutter in the entire sport.

If there was a female fighter at 145 that had very good defense, very good movement, very tough and very good cardio that would be the only chance. If there was a woman who could try to get Cyborg to punch herself out before the third round.

This woman would need to be throwing kicks while moving in and out the entire time. Kicks to the leg, kicks to the body and then move out very quickly and make Cyborg chase after her.

We have not seen Cyborg in a 3rd or 4th round in a while. If someone could drag her to the third, they could potentially steal the last 3 rounds on points or if Cyborg is so exhausted we could possibly see her caught with a big strike to finish her
Of course a lot of this sounds much easier said than done but we have only seen Cyborg destroy people quickly lately. We don't know how long should he could keep that pace up after another brutal weight cut.

I would bet on Cyborg against any woman in the world but if there are two women that stand a chance it is Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie.

Holly actually has a GREAT chin. Remember when GDR sucker punched her after the bell. Those shots landed flush but Holly took them like a champ and said "Really bitch?"

Holly also has great movement and good kicks to keep her distance. I could actually see Cyborg crushing Holly the first 2 rounds but Hollly winning the last 3 to steal the decision. Of course, I could also see Cyborg getting the KO win but I am just saying Holly has a better shot than anyone.

Holly's last two losses were 5 round decisions and before that Tate choked her out in the fifth round. Holly has proven she is very durable and has great cardio and can make it at least to the 5th. We can't say the same for Cyborg.

GDR was also a Muay Thai world champ with a record of like 46-0 or something. She also has the striking abilities and movement to drag the fight out. However, I also think Cyborg would have a huge advantage with the grappling and could probably just take her down and GNP her.

Cyborg would never lose a 3 rounder but somebody could possibly beat her in a 5 rounder. I used to think she was unbeatable but i guarantee she would have serious cardio issues by the third round in a 5 round fight.

Holly is womankind's only hope

Last edited:
I think you pretty much got it all right in terms of who'd have the best chance and why, but Holm/Cyborg would probably end up looking less like JJ/Andrade, and more like Angela Hill/Andrade.

Holly has gotten too tentative to pull off that gameplan.

Holly has gotten too tentative to pull off that gameplan.

She is tentative and that is the Jackson Wink game plan!

Jab, side kick, move, teep, jab, sidekick, move move move

She does that every fight and is great at stealing lackluster rounds. Perfect formula to gas out Cyborg and beat her on points

Sure, Holly lost to Shevchenko and GDR in 5 round decisions but they have much better cardio than Cyborg.

Everyone knows Cyborg cuts a lot of weight. She might be the biggest weight cutter in the entire sport.

If there was a female fighter at 145 that had very good defense, very good movement, very tough and very good cardio that would be the only chance. If there was a woman who could try to get Cyborg to punch herself out before the third round.

This woman would need to be throwing kicks while moving in and out the entire time. Kicks to the leg, kicks to the body and then move out very quickly and make Cyborg chase after her.

We have not seen Cyborg in a 3rd or 4th round in a while. If someone could drag her to the third, they could potentially steal the last 3 rounds on points or if Cyborg is so exhausted we could possibly see her caught with a big strike to finish her
Of course a lot of this sounds much easier said than done but we have only seen Cyborg destroy people quickly lately. We don't know how long should he could keep that pace up after another brutal weight cut.

I would bet on Cyborg against any woman in the world but if there are two women that stand a chance it is Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie.

Holly actually has a GREAT chin. Remember when GDR sucker punched her after the bell. Those shots landed flush but Holly took them like a champ and said "Really bitch?"

Holly also has great movement and good kicks to keep her distance. I could actually see Cyborg crushing Holly the first 2 rounds but Hollly winning the last 3 to steal the decision. Of course, I could also see Cyborg getting the KO win but I am just saying Holly has a better shot than anyone.

Holly's last two losses were 5 round decisions and before that Tate choked her out in the fifth round. Holly has proven she is very durable and has great cardio and can make it at least to the 5th. We can't say the same for Cyborg.

GDR was also a Muay Thai world champ with a record of like 46-0 or something. She also has the striking abilities and movement to drag the fight out. However, I also think Cyborg would have a huge advantage with the grappling and could probably just take her down and GNP her.

Cyborg would never lose a 3 rounder but somebody could possibly beat her in a 5 rounder. I used to think she was unbeatable but i guarantee she would have serious cardio issues by the third round in a 5 round fight.

Holly is womankind's only hope
Sure, she has quite low body fat percentage, and that can cause some health issues for women, but Biggest weightcutter in mma? She cuts about 25 lbs from beginning of training camp to weight ins. That is not so unusual.

Personally, I think the only way Cyborg loses is if someone beats her.

Cyborg is a big weight cutter but Claudia Gadelha used to cut a similar amount as a SW. Claudinha is the TRUTH (of hardcore weight cutting). :D

Cyborg has never been tested by a top MMA wrestler (those don't exist at WFW), I would be more interested in that than ish ish (although I do think Holm has a 40-50% chance of beating Cyborg, it just wouldn't be as interesting to watch as Cyborg being Hugged Gayly).

Miesha Great was my dream matchup for Cyborg but now I guess it's Cat unless Tate comes back remotivated, McMann could be fun too but I'm afraid she might wilt too easily... McMann "on a good day" might work though. Chick Kongo ie. Julia Budd the kickboxer turned wrestler for an actual 145er.

Last edited:
I would give GDR the best shot of defeating Cyborg, although I admit
I haven't seen Megan Anderson fight before.

She would need to use her TDs and g&p because GDR would give her fits on the feet with her powerful, precise striking.

Too bad we will probably never get to see that fight.

Sure, she has quite low body fat percentage, and that can cause some health issues for women, but Biggest weightcutter in mma? She cuts about 25 lbs from beginning of training camp to weight ins. That is not so unusual.

For a woman that is a lot. I have heard she can get up to 170-180 and cut down to 145 and there was that one fight where she had to make 140. That is just as much if not more than Conor was cutting to make 145.

It could be closer to 30 or 35 pounds every cut and for a woman that is a lot.

She also has said herself she takes a couple months off after every fight just to recover from the weight cut.

I would give GDR the best shot of defeating Cyborg, although I admit
I haven't seen Megan Anderson fight before.

She would need to use her TDs and g&p because GDR would give her fits on the feet with her powerful, precise striking.

Gdr won't ever fight her

Too bad we will probably never get to see that fight.

GDR will not ever fight her because she's a coward. There are no current female fighters who have any chance against her. Period.

For a woman that is a lot. I have heard she can get up to 170-180 and cut down to 145 and there was that one fight where she had to make 140. That is just as much if not more than Conor was cutting to make 145.

It could be closer to 30 or 35 pounds every cut and for a woman that is a lot.

She also has said herself she takes a couple months off after every fight just to recover from the weight cut.
Sure, she cuts a lot of weight for being a woman, but Her walkaround weight is 170. She probably starts her trainingcamp much lower than 170, but since she has so little fat to begin with, she needs to cut a lot of water.

She doesn't cut close to the weight Conor does. Eddie Alvares starts his trainingcamp at about 185, And Conor is huge compared to him.

It is very tough for a woman to have that low fat percentage, and it makes her look pretty muscular and masculine, so no doubt it is tough on her health, and she needs long recovery time.

I agree it can hurt her cardio, but she is still nowhere near the biggest male weightcutters.

Sure, she cuts a lot of weight for being a woman, but Her walkaround weight is 170. She probably starts her trainingcamp much lower than 170, but since she has so little fat to begin with, she needs to cut a lot of water.

She doesn't cut close to the weight Conor does. Eddie Alvares starts his trainingcamp at about 185, And Conor is huge compared to him.

It is very tough for a woman to have that low fat percentage, and it makes her look pretty muscular and masculine, so no doubt it is tough on her health, and she needs long recovery time.

I agree it can hurt her cardio, but she is still nowhere near the biggest male weightcutters.
she's shown pics of herself on a scale at 175 3 days after a fight. so she's likely not starting camp much lower than 170.

she's shown pics of herself on a scale at 175 3 days after a fight. so she's likely not starting camp much lower than 170.
I would expect that to be a gimmick to get attention in media. Other fighters have done it too, to get coverage. Still, I don't doubt she cuts a lot of weight. But bigger cut Than the big male cutters? Not even close.

She claimed to weigh 170 for her last fight at 140. In terms of percentage of body weight, that's the biggest cut I've ever heard of.

Everyone has a great chin and cardio until they take a Cyborg punch to the face.

She claimed to weigh 170 for her last fight at 140. In terms of percentage of body weight, that's the biggest cut I've ever heard of.
That is mostly a gimmick. She doesn't cut 30 lbs of water in 2 days. She likes to talk about weight since she gets a lot of media attention. Especially around the usada issues.

She And her trainers have said multiple times before that she walks around at 170. Not very different than other 135-145 pounders. She does However have a very low fat percentage, so the weightcut is rough.

Cyborg is a big weight cutter but Claudia Gadelha used to cut a similar amount as a SW. Claudinha is the TRUTH (of hardcore weight cutting). :D

Cyborg has never been tested by a top MMA wrestler (those don't exist at WFW), I would be more interested in that than ish ish (although I do think Holm has a 40-50% chance of beating Cyborg, it just wouldn't be as interesting to watch as Cyborg being Hugged Gayly).

Miesha Great was my dream matchup for Cyborg but now I guess it's Cat unless Tate comes back remotivated, McMann could be fun too but I'm afraid she might wilt too easily... McMann "on a good day" might work though. Chick Kongo ie. Julia Budd the kickboxer turned wrestler for an actual 145er.
Julia Budd is actually one of few fighters that could make a interesting fight against Cyborg.
Unfortunate I don't see Cyborg going to Bellator.

Everyone has a great chin and cardio until they take a Cyborg punch to the face.

True, but I believe Holly could make it to the third round.

Her movement and managing the range with her kicks will frustrate and tire Cyborg.

True, but I believe Holly could make it to the third round.

Her movement and managing the range with her kicks will frustrate and tire Cyborg.

I agree her lateral movement would help her survive a bit longer than most. But with the kind of offense Cyborg can put out in those exchanges, it's not inconceivable that it's just too much, too hard for Holly to sustain over 3, 4, 5 rounds. Not saying it couldn't happen, just very unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back