The only way I can see Conor winning is under the assumption that we are wrong about his grappling.

This line is so good you need to read it again.

Conor got taken down and tapped out by Duffy, Sitnekov, and Diaz. Chad Mendes had him in a crucifix, nuts all in his face. LOL

{<jordan}
Conor pieced up Chad and TKO'd him. Easily got up several times and handled being taken down by Chad better than anyone. Easily one of the best grapplers in the UFC.

Even if his grappling is improved it's nowhere near khabib level. Recall John kavanagh screaming in the Nate Diaz 2 fight for Conor not to follow him to the ground. + He knows his skillset much better than we can speculate

Weird. What if he knocks him out early before Khabib even tries to grapple? Like you literally can't picture the thing he's already done a few times?

The most interesting thing about this fight is that there is so many possibilities, and it could answer a lot of unknowns about two fighters that we still have a lot of questions about.

Quit reading at 10 hard rds w Floyd. Floyd didn't even start till rd 3.

The Bib will punish the cunner unmercifully for all 5 rds

Khabib gets some weird undetectable strength enhancer from Russia... So...

Conor has better wrestling than Khabib. This may or may not be revealed, depending how long Khabib survives.

1. he had better defense off his back against Mendes than anyone - Conor fanboys, haters, or that small % of us that is neither - expected. give credit where credit is due.

Any and all credit that he earned for surviving on his back against a 100 lbs Mendes does not translate into having success against an undefeated, angry Dagestan 170 lbs Sambo world champion on top of him.

Any and all credit that he earned for surviving on his back against a 100 lbs Mendes does not translate into having success against an undefeated, angry Dagestan 170 lbs Sambo world champion on top of him.
right. so you and i agree that acknowledging that he did great against Mendes and might get wrecked on the ground by Khabib is not mutually exclusive.

which i thought i made pretty clear in the rest of my post. specifically:
"3. he might very well spend 14 of the first 15 minutes on his back trying to avoid eating damage."
but TS didn't acknowledge that he did great against Mendes.

U can't see the left hand, TS? Don't worry, khabib won't see it either, not til the replay anyway

Khabib makes a superb grapplers look bad.

Conor's grappling is not going to be a factor in tis fight.

Back