The only way I’d ever be a Gerald Meerschaert fan..

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
..is if he can get it done Saturday against Khamzat. 2020 Has been a huge year for derailing hypetrains so nothing surprises me at this point. I just feel like he’s the UFC’s stepping stone for the new kid on the block. Have seen several of his fights and never been impressed, like a worse version of Colby before the heel-turn. Anyone think GM3 wins this Saturday?

I don't bet money on fights, but I've got a Tapology pick on GM3 by Submission in Rd 2 for funsies. I've been having luck with underdog picks lately and he's talking a big game without being too much of a cunt about it, so I decided to do something bold. Smart money's still on Khamzat I think, but I think Gerald challenges him in ways his previous opponents have not. Gerald is a live dog.

He’s got a chance. From the brief amount I’ve seen of Khamzat there is at the least a question mark as to whether he wastes too much energy unnecessarily and is a bit erratic. Survive round one and then test his gas tank and composure under pressure.

He’s got nothing to lose.

I don't bet money on fights, but I've got a Tapology pick on GM3 by Submission in Rd 2 for funsies. I've been having luck with underdog picks lately and he's talking a big game without being too much of a cunt about it, so I decided to do something bold. Smart money's still on Khamzat I think, but I think Gerald challenges him in ways his previous opponents have not. Gerald is a live dog.
my boy Tristen Connely beat Michel pereira, anything can happen lol, wouldn’t be surprised either way.

It’s crazy with a card this quality we literally have 5 threads about this fight on the front page, and it’s not the main or co main.
That’s because Khamzat Chimaev is the 2020 Fighter of the Year. ;)

Man, really excited for this one. Gerald did a great job selling this.

..is if he can get it done Saturday against Khamzat. 2020 Has been a huge year for derailing hypetrains so nothing surprises me at this point. I just feel like he’s the UFC’s stepping stone for the new kid on the block. Have seen several of his fights and never been impressed, like a worse version of Colby before the heel-turn. Anyone think GM3 wins this Saturday?

I never understood sherdogs obsession with not wanting new stars and great fighters

It has legit always bothered me that he has “shart” in his name.

He has little to no chance imo. Just got finished quickly by Heinisch, who is a solid fighter but no world beater.

I get why people like underdogs. However I’m having a hard time seeing why you would root for a veteran who has no future in title contention, instead of a younger, hungry, elite prospect that for sure will keep bringing heat inside the cage and will fight regularly, as well as having a non bland character. A win for Khamzat gives the sport a lot more.

I get why people like underdogs. However I’m having a hard time seeing why you would root for a veteran who has no future in title contention, instead of a younger, hungry, elite prospect that for sure will keep bringing heat inside the cage and will fight regularly, as well as having a non bland character. A win for Khamzat gives the sport a lot more.

Because +400 underdogs pay better than -600 favorites when they win.

113029.gif

That’s because Khamzat Chimaev is the 2020 Fighter of the Year. ;)

136qu0.jpg

Back